Virpil T-50 Calibration - need help

Hey gang,

My Virpil T-50 gimbal and stick have been working good for me.

This afternoon I thought I would go ahead and check out the Configuration Software provided by Virpil. So I downloaded, and had a look. Did not look so bad, so thought I would go ahead and update the firmware, and calibrate the stick in the Virpil software. Figured I might as well get it as good as can be anyway.

I followed the instructions step by step, being cautious and taking my time.

First I flashed the firmware, it went fine and had the green ready light no problem.

Then I went through the calibration process, again going step by step being very careful. I finished and saved the calibration data to profile.

In the Virpil software, all three axis show proper response and centering. All appears to be good to go.

However, when I get into a game, both the Pitch and Roll axis are screwed up. I had a look in Windows game controller setting where you can view the axis movement. ( No and I did not try to calibrate in Windows).

The pitch and roll are all messed up viewing in Windows, it is like the stick is being held all way back and all way to the right, with limited movement. The brake axis is showing operating properly.

Checked it again in the Virpil software, and in there it shows proper movement for all three axis, but obviously something is messed up somewhere, because Windows is sure not seeing it this way.

I cleared the data and tried calibrating again, a couple more times with the exact same result.

I am hoping maybe someone with the T-50 has been through similar in calibrating theirs with the Virpil software and maybe can give me a clue on what is going on?

Thanks for any help! I certainly can not do any flying like this!

Edit: In the VPC Joystick Tester Tool, it shows with stick centered both x and y axis are at their maximum values. The brake lever shows normal. So it is reflecting the actual behavior of the x and y axis.

Edited by dburne

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

Just in case, go to the windows calibration and use the "Reset to default" option.

Thanks but I am little scared to mess with it in windows calibration.

Something is definitely up with the Virpil software in my case, looking at it in the VPC Joystick Tester Tool, it shows the stick full back and full right, moving it around it reaches 100% in both x and y axis at the center of movement for both.

I carefully redid calibration a couple more times with same result. Brake Lever axis is operating as it should.

A Support Ticket has been started with Virpil, hoping they can get me sorted asap.

I will update on the progress.

In the words of someone great who once said:

" Nobody move, we have a Virpil Unit down" Repeat, a "Virpil Unit down"...

:(

:helpsmilie:

Edited by dburne

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

Just in case, go to the windows calibration and use the "Reset to default" option.

OMG, I am not believing this!

I threw caution to the wind and took your advice, figured it could not hurt.

THAT DID IT !

Thank you thank you so much!! That one little thing, restoring to default in windows, just solved this whole crazy thing! Now the Virpil stick is working beautifully once again!! Probably better now that it has been calibrated properly with the Virpil software!

You sir, are Da Man!!

:thumbup:

Don B

Reset to default simply removes any pre-existing windows calibration, if you press it and the "Apply" button does not become clickable then there was nothing to reset.

E: Glad to help.

Yeah I had never calibrated it in Windows at all.

But restoring to default sure solved all my issues, thanks again!!

Double checked in the Virpil software and my calibration there is definitely loaded and all working great.

Edited by dburne

Don B

• 1 year later...
Where are the exact instructions Don, if you dont mind me asking?

Well this is an older revived thread, so not real sure anymore but you might have a look around Virpil's site for this info.

I have not used the software in a while now.

https://forum.virpil.com/index.php?/topic/632-frequently-asked-questions/

Don B

Virpil T-50 Calibration - need help

Want to add that calibrating in Windows (Set up USB Game Controllers) after having finished the calibration/setup in VPC Configuration tool solved this exact problem for me.

Thanks guys

If you had to calibrate in Windows that means you may not have saved your calibration in Virpil’s app. Basically you have to save twice. First, save after creating a new profile. Then calibrate the axis. Then save to the device again. This way you don’t have to touch Windows calibration.

PC: 5800X3D/4090, 11700K/3090, 9900K/2080Ti.

Joystick bases: TMW, VPC WarBRD, MT50CM2, VKB GFII, FSSB R3L

Joystick grips: TM (Warthog, F/A-18C), Realsimulator (F-16SGRH, F-18CGRH), VKB (Kosmosima LH, MCG, MCG Pro), VPC MongoosT50-CM2

Throttles: TMW, Winwing Super Taurus, Logitech Throttle Quadrant, Realsimulator Throttle (soon)

VR: HTC Vive/Pro, Oculus Rift/Quest 2, Valve Index, Varjo Aero, https://forum.dcs.world/topic/300065-varjo-aero-general-guide-for-new-owners/