Israeli f-16 shot down

ebabil

FC3 | UH-1 | Mi-8 | A-10C II | F/A-18 | Ka-50 III | F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 Mi-24 | F-5 | F-15E| F-4| Tornado

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: CH-53 | UH-60

Youtube

MS FFB2 - TM Warthog - CH Pro Pedals - Trackir 5

For those that can't be bothered following the links:

From Haaretz:

Israeli army said Saturday morning that it intercepted an Iranian drone launched from Syria into Israeli territory. In response to the provocation, the IDF attacked Iranian targets in Syria.

According to the Israeli army, Syrian anti-aircraft missiles targeted an Israeli F-16, prompting the pilots to eject. The plane went down in northern Israel. The two pilots were taken to the hospital in stable condition.

IDF Spokesperson Brigadier General Ronen Manelis said "We identified an Iranian drone UAV which took off from Syrian territory. The drone was identified by IAF systems and was downed by an IAF helicopter. The Iranian drone fell in our territory and is in our possession."

"As part of the country's defenses, sirens were activated but there was no danger for the residents of Beit She'an. It was decided to attack the trailer from which the Iranians launched the UAV. This was a surgical action deep in Syria, target destroyed."

"This is a serious Iranian attack on Israeli territory. Iran is dragging the region into a situation in which it doesn't know how it will end. We are prepared for a variety of incidents...whoever is responsible for this incident is the one who will pay the price."

Some of this seems internally contradictory (there was no danger for the residents of Beit She'an vs This is a serious Iranian attack on Israeli territory, but it is what it is.

Israeli deaths 0

Syrian dead > 0

Cheers.

Israeli deaths 0

Unconfirmed reports one pilot died from his injuries in hospital. Awaiting official word.

Edited by kam

Intel 5820k | Asus X-99A | Crucial 16GB | Powercolor Devil RX580 8GB | Win 10 x64 | Oculus Rift | https://gallery.ksotov.co.uk

Patiently waiting for: DCS: Panavia Tornado, DCS: SA-2 Guideline, DCS: SA-3 Goa, DCS: S-300 Grumble

https://theaviationist.com/2018/02/10/israeli-f-16i-sufa-crashes-after-coming-under-massive-anti-aircraft-fire-from-syrian-air-defenses/

So apparently an Apache shot down an unmaned aircraft. That's some impressive accuracy on that gun!

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

Any word one what brought down the F-16, or the pilots? Reddit's r/combat footage is back and forth between AAA or SA-6, and the pilots safe or one seriously injured, or one dead.

"Reports state that various missiles were involved in the Syrian anti-air onslaught, in which between a dozen and two dozen SAMs were fired. Cold War vintage SA-5 Gammon and SA-3 Goa missiles are said to have been included in the salvo, both of which the Assad regime has many of and has fired repeatedly towards IAF aircraft during raids over the country that have taken place over the years, with the frequency of those strikes having increased dramatically in recent months. The SA-17 Grizzly road-mobile SAM system—a modernized version of the SA-11 Buk—is also said to have been involved. Regardless of the type of missile Syria used to down the F-16, this is the first time one had found its mark on an Israeli jet. "

More info and photos

https://twitter.com/miladvisor/status/962318194122936321

Second Hit:

"

Update: 9:20am PST—

Al Arabiya is reporting that an Israeli F-15 was also hit in the SAM barrage, but that jet was able to make an emergency landing"

Any word one what brought down the F-16, or the pilots? Reddit's r/combat footage is back and forth between AAA or SA-6, and the pilots safe or one seriously injured, or one dead.

From Al Jazeera:

99985b385dac4eda8ee9ae4cdcdcf041_18.jpg

Matches the second stage of a V-400:

640px-thumbnail.jpg

Edited by Weta43

Cheers.

The article linked in Post 7 said between one and two dozen missiles were launched.

LOL :-)

... & 12 is the midpoint ???

Personally, I'd read between one and two dozen missiles were launched as "We have absolutely no information, and so we're making up a wide bracket..."

(Honestly - think of it as gunshots. If your neighbour said he heard the intruder's gunshots that killed his wife, and he told the police that he might have heard 1 shot - or maybe as many as 24... don't you think he's spending the night in cuffs in a cell ?)

{PS - Twitter must be presenting us with different feeds, because there's nothing now, or before, in the link in Post 7 that says that when I look at it. What does it actually say in the bit you see ?}

Edited by Weta43

Cheers.

AWAITING ED NEW DAMAGE MODEL IMPLEMENTATION FOR WW2 BIRDS

Fat T is above, thin T is below. Long T is faster, Short T is slower. Open triangle is AWACS, closed triangle is your own sensors. Double dash is friendly, Single dash is enemy. Circle is friendly. Strobe is jammer. Strobe to dash is under 35 km. HDD is 7 times range key. Radar to 160 km, IRST to 10 km. Stay low, but never slow.

One pilot died from his injuries in hospital.

Nope.

According to hospital officials-

One will be released today / tomorrow.

the other is recovering from surgery and is stable and expected to recover from what seems like shrapnel injuries.

Still not known for certain yet , but it seems they ejected due to the injury of the pilot and not the damage to plane.

IAF.Tomer

My Rig:

Core i7 6700K + Corsair Hydro H100i GTX

Gigabyte Z170X Gaming 7,G.Skill 32GB DDR4 3000Mhz

Gigabyte GTX 980 OC

Samsung 840EVO 250GB + 3xCrucial 275GB in RAID 0 (1500 MB/s)

Asus MG279Q | TM Warthog + Saitek Combat Pedals + TrackIR 5

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

If they had no information then they would just say "many missiles were launched"....

I'm a bit drunk, so maybe I'm missing something.

As far as I can see, if you have no information about how many missiles were launched, then the only reason to say that "many missiles were launched" is to try to denigrate the Syrians efforts to defend themselves.

The only evidence I've seen so far is that the number of missiles launched is >= 1.

Cheers.

I'm a bit drunk, so maybe I'm missing something.

As far as I can see, if you have no information about how many missiles were launched, then the only reason to say that "many missiles were launched" is to try to denigrate the Syrians efforts to defend themselves.

The only evidence I've seen so far is that the number of missiles launched is >= 1.

Re-read post 7. It claims between a (=one) dozen and two dozen launches, so 12-24.

Specs:

i9 10900K @ 5.1 GHz, EVGA GTX 1080Ti, MSI Z490 MEG Godlike, 32GB DDR4 @ 3600, Win 10, Samsung S34E790C, Vive, TIR5, 10cm extended Warthog on WarBRD, Crosswinds

Nope.

According to hospital officials-

One will be released today / tomorrow.

the other is recovering from surgery and is stable and expected to recover from what seems like shrapnel injuries.

Still not known for certain yet , but it seems they ejected due to the injury of the pilot and not the damage to plane.

Ok, hope that's correct. Will edit my post as I cant find the source anymore.

Intel 5820k | Asus X-99A | Crucial 16GB | Powercolor Devil RX580 8GB | Win 10 x64 | Oculus Rift | https://gallery.ksotov.co.uk

Patiently waiting for: DCS: Panavia Tornado, DCS: SA-2 Guideline, DCS: SA-3 Goa, DCS: S-300 Grumble

https://theaviationist.com/2018/02/10/israeli-f-16i-sufa-crashes-after-coming-under-massive-anti-aircraft-fire-from-syrian-air-defenses/

So apparently an Apache shot down an unmaned aircraft. That's some impressive accuracy on that gun!

Seems like a Hellfire hit to me.

DCS Finland: Suomalainen DCS yhteisö -- Finnish DCS community

--------------------------------------------------

SF Squadron

Another article with some good information: http://www.thedrive.com/the-war-zone/18389/flurry-of-aircraft-shoot-downs-and-counter-strikes-erupt-across-israel-and-syria?iid=sr-link1

Russia and Syria have linked their air defense networks in Syria, so the downing of the jet might be a result of the increased sensor capability.

Seems like a Hellfire hit to me.

Could have used a Hellfire. Hellfires have been used A2A on drones before.

Good spot, thanks! Hellfire in A-A use, that's interesting.

Edited by QuiGon

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

Tornado3 small.jpg

Wow, 12-24 SAMs launched and only one confirmed, plus one possible, hit.

Does this surprise you? During both Gulf Wars, SAM's were being launched in huge numbers, with very little Ground to Air Kills, most of the Coalition losses for Desert Storm to SAM's and AAA were due to them operating within the missiles envelope, in Iraqi Freedom, the mission planners were a lot smarter.

The IDF would have had their ECW aircraft jamming etc, without knowing the full details, this could have just been a lucky shot.

What's more interesting to me is that, the much vaunted S-300 systems the Russians claim they had fully operational in Syria, wasn't used/activated/ fired towards the IDF Strike packet.

Things in the Region are going to get very interesting indeed.

AMD Ryzen 9 7845HX with Radeon Graphics           3.00 GHz

32 GB RAM

2 TB SSD

RTX 4070 8GB

Windows 11 64 bit

Everyone involved has their own account of the event and it will morph many times to suit their needs. Can't trust witness accounts, definitely not the Gov or MSM neither pictures of pieces and parts. Regardless of what really happened "never let a crisis go to waste" is in full effect.

What's more interesting to me is that, the much vaunted S-300 systems the Russians claim they had fully operational in Syria, wasn't used/activated/ fired towards the IDF Strike packet.

They have agreements to not interfere with each other.

Tornado3 small.jpg