q regarding (mostly) to early access (F-14)

hawk66

Hi,

I'd have two questions regarding early access of F14 and one general question:

- is the product during early access cheaper ?

- what is the expected timeframe (I know this can only roughly being answered) for a general release: is it more 6 months or a full year after early access?

and

- in the christmas update it was mentioned that JESTER AI will not be fully implemented. Was that with respect to early acccess or in general ? Or to rephrase my question: When JESTER AI gets enhanced, will this be downported to all modules (e.g. F14) or will the improvements be only available for future products ?

Thanks

Hi,

I'd have two questions regarding early access of F14 and one general question:

- is the product during early access cheaper ?

- what is the expected timeframe (I know this can only roughly being answered) for a general release: is it more 6 months or a full year after early access?

and

- in the christmas update it was mentioned that JESTER AI will not be fully implemented.

Was that with respect to early acccess or in general ? Or to rephrase my question: When JESTER AI gets enhanced, will this be downported to all modules (e.g. F14) or will the improvements be only available for future products ?

Thanks

The product will be cheaper during pre-orders, but not during Early Access.

We expect the F-14 to be quite complete and stable both on release and shortly thereafter. Full feature completion (i.e. no more additions to Jester, both campaigns released, F-14A out, Carrier battlegroup done) will hopefully happen this year.

That said, the F-14 is a flagship product for us in many ways, so expect it to evolve (not in a bad way, meaning improvements) for a long time to come.

Jester AI improvements will be downported where they make sense (e.g. we wouldn't port specific ground radar jester stuff into the F-14, for example). Jester is, in general, however a very common framework which we even hope to license to other parties in the future. Hence, porting of features will be facilitated for in a way that makes sense.

Nicholas Dackard

Founder & Lead Artist

Heatblur Simulations

https://www.facebook.com/heatblur/

Hmmm...what 2 seater aircraft has ground radar? Tornado confirmed! :D

Lets not get too far ahead, he might have been talking about the F-14 capability to perform ground radar mapping...or he could be thinking of the F-111.:music_whistling:

"It's amazing, even at the Formula 1 level how many drivers still think the brakes are for slowing the car down."

VF-2 Bounty Hunters

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Virtual Carrier Strike Group 1 | Discord

I guess let's settle this by agreeing that they will develop it all :D (Tornado, A-6, F-111)...and by the way the A-6 needs of crs also the F-4 as its buddy...by accident also a multi-crew plane ;).....anybody remembering Flight of the Intruder (the simulation) ?

Jester is, in general, however a very common framework which we even hope to license to other parties in the future. Hence, porting of features will be facilitated for in a way that makes sense.

Thank you very much for telling us, this is very interesting to us. I was thinking that the trainer aircraft would greatly benefit from something like a Jester, and I wonder if it will ever happen.

Does the Jester support in future a Male as Female voices so you can choose what RIO should sound?

I am talking like this:

i7-8700k, 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 2x 2080S SLI 8GB, Oculus Rift S.

i7-8700k, 16GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 1080Ti 11GB, 27" 4K, 65" HDR 4K.

Does the Jester support in future a Male as Female voices so you can choose what RIO should sound?

I am talking like this:

Bellisario really fecked up the JAG story lines in this, Harm became a JAG because he lost his Tomcat certification because of night blindness, so why the f is he flying at night in a storm in this episode :D

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Modules are like Pokemon you gotta catch 'em all :joystick::lol::pilotfly:

AMD Ryzen7 3700x, G-Skills 32Gb RAM @ 3200Mhz, MSI GTX1080Ti, TM Warthog (20cm extension by Sahaj), MFG Crosswind Pedals, Oculus Rift, Track Ir5

Bellisario really fecked up the JAG story lines in this, Harm became a JAG because he lost his Tomcat certification because of night blindness, so why the f is he flying at night in a storm in this episode :D

I believe there was a blip in one season about how Harm had undergone a surgery and had his night blindness eliminated and actually went back to a fleet squadron..but then came back to JAG

so, since we will have hornet within 4.5 months as of today (by the end of the spring) , will tomcat be released before or after hornet?

FC3 | UH-1 | Mi-8 | A-10C II | F/A-18 | Ka-50 III | F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 Mi-24 | F-5 | F-15E| F-4| Tornado

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: CH-53 | UH-60

Youtube

MS FFB2 - TM Warthog - CH Pro Pedals - Trackir 5

so, since we will have hornet within 4.5 months as of today (by the end of the spring) , will tomcat be released before or after hornet?

I guess the Tomcat comes first.

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

I don't remember that ED allowed another module to be released while there is currently another available for pre-purchase.

So I assume we won't see the Tomcat released (or any other module) before the summer.

I hope you are wrong, I want to put my hands on the Tomcat's HOTAS ASAP!

I don't remember that ED allowed another module to be released while there is currently another available for pre-purchase.

This would be really, really bad news. Especially considering the fact that there is no fixed date on the early access for the Hornet. I would be incredibly upset if I was Heatblur if this were true, unless the whole "2017 barring death or injury" was just a lot of hot air and the Tomcat is nowhere near ready for early access.

Edited by OnlyforDCS

Current specs: Windows 10 Home 64bit, i5-9600K @ 3.7 Ghz, 32GB DDR4 RAM, 1TB Samsung EVO 860 M.2 SSD, GAINWARD RTX2060 6GB, Oculus Rift S, MS FFB2 Sidewinder + Warthog Throttle Quadrant, Saitek Pro rudder pedals.

i don't think that they will waste half of the year without releasing anything. this is business and they have a huge list to release in 2018. F-4, Mi-24, maps, carriers etc..

FC3 | UH-1 | Mi-8 | A-10C II | F/A-18 | Ka-50 III | F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 Mi-24 | F-5 | F-15E| F-4| Tornado

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: CH-53 | UH-60

Youtube

MS FFB2 - TM Warthog - CH Pro Pedals - Trackir 5

I personally think that the F-14 will be released before the F/A-18. If you think about it ED probably started the pre-purchase so early so it wouldn't collide with the F-14. That way they get people interested in the Hornet to pre-purchase it while the rest wouldn't have bought it anyway as it is in early access. Since they have gotten most of their sales they can now release the F-14. Also I get the feeling that the yak-52 and the Christen Eagle II might get released in this period as well as they seem to be very close to completion and they don't have complex systems like the Hornet.