F18 or F16

john9001

Get the F18, and install BMS for the F16. When the DCS F16 is more like finished, it will be easy to migrate over.

BMS had an ok dynamic campaign, but I'd say other than being a finished product, I see no reason to use it.

idk. I didnt spend a lot of time on it. Found it nice to think about, too clunky to bother with.

Owned: Ryzen 3900x, MSI AMD 470x mobo, 32gb 3200MHz ram, Gtx 1660 Ti, 970 Evo Plus 500GB, MsFFB2, TIR5, TMWH+18c Stick, MFG Crosswinds, Buttkicker/SSA, WinWing F-18C . Next is VR for simpit

Art Of The Kill:

BMS...... didnt spend a lot of time on it....

:music_whistling:

IFF

ATC,

IVC radio,

misson & package planning

dynamic campaign,

Progressive and dynamic weather

ground radar

Fly many F16 variants

And it's not complete,

Still being developed.

Virtually Free!........

Edited by Fish

Fish's Flight Sim Videos

[sIGPIC]I13700k, RTX4090, 64gb ram @ 3600, superUltraWide 5120x1440, 2560x1440, 1920x1080, Warthog, Tusba TQS, Reverb VR1000, Pico 4, Wifi6 router, 360/36 internet[/sIGPIC]

it all comes down if you like landing on boats and if you prefer a basket or a probe to refuel...
Kinda like both so I got both, but I would get the F18 first if you were only getting one because of the upcoming super carrier. Package deal for the F18, Su33, and the SC is a better deal then the F16 right now.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

AMP WIZARD "Forest Gumble" "When the air becomes electric....It's like a box of chocolates":captain:

Windows 11 Pro 64 bit | Intel Alder Lake i7 12700KF | Asus Prime Z690M Plus D4 | CORSAIR Vengeance LPX 64GB (2 x 32GB) DDR4 3200 | EVGA GTX 1070 SC @1594MHz/4000 MHz 8GB | 1x42" Multi Touch Screen and 1x27" 4k widescreen | Saitek x52 Pro |

Ok, there is only logical answer to this:

F/A-18C

The F-16C needs time, despite that: the Hornet is (in my opinion) easier to learn, has carrier ops capability with the option to go for DCS Supercarrier and the price is right. Got the bundle with the Supercarrier and Su-33. Perfect.

FC3, Ka-50, A-10C, AJS-37, MiG-21bis, F-14A/B, F/A-18C, F-16C, NTTR, Persian Gulf, Super Carrier, TacView Advanced

Next in line: F-5 II , MiG-19 , MiG-23 MLA

Wishlist: PA-100 Tornado, F-104 Starfighter, MiG-25 Foxbat, A-6 Intruder

:music_whistling:

IFF

ATC,

IVC radio,

misson & package planning

dynamic campaign,

Progressive and dynamic weather

ground radar

Fly many F16 variants

And it's not complete,

Still being developed.

Virtually Free!........

Loved BMS, but the lack of VR support killed it for me. I can't go back to a flat screen now!

Back on topic - I find both remarkably similar in capabilities. I think I still prefer the Hornet, but both modules are great. The Viper is "sportier," but the Hornet is more versatile with its ability to operate off the boat. You can't go wrong with either.

Edited by Sandman1330

Ryzen 7 5800X3D / Asus Crosshair VI Hero X370 / Corsair H110i / Sapphire Nitro+ 6800XT / 32Gb G.Skill TridentZ 3200 / Samsung 980 Pro M.2 / Virpil Warbrd base + VFX and TM grips / Virpil CM3 Throttle / Saitek Pro Combat pedals / Reverb G2

F-18 forever.

ASUS ROG MAXIMUS X HERO WiFi AC / i7-8700K@5.0 GHz / 2xM.2 Toshiba OCZ RD400 1Tb / 4xCorsair 8Gb (32Gb) DDR4@3000 MHz / 2xGeforce GTX 1080 Ti + 1Geforce GTX 680 / SoundBlaster Fatal1ty / Windows 10 Home x64 / TM Warthog / TM TPR Pedals / Oculus Rift / Samsung UE32EH5000W

Hornet is life. Granting that both get completed eventually... Hornet is still life;

However, to show I am balanced here are some pro’s for the Viper

- Faster (as long as you don’t want to you know, carry stuff)

- Can get 9G turns (making sure the pilot blacks out as quickly as possible)

- Has the HTS pod in future (so you can tell the aircraft with some real reach where to point their MITL cruise missiles)

- Has lovely color LCD displays (that you need to squint to read in VR)

- The HSD display shows more information than the SA display in the Hornet (no, seriously this is a pro)

- No need to learn carrier landings (because case III recoveries on a pitch black night with a pitching deck are hard)

The Hornet is more polished and very much mission capable, while the Viper still needs to catch up. I own both and fly the Hornet in 99% of the time, it´s a great aircraft and a module well worth to purchase. The Vipers developement stage may lead to negative training, wich is why i avoid flying it at this point. I´d suggest getting the Hornet first and the Viper in 5-7 months. If you don´t own the persian gulf map, go for the Hornet+PG bundle and then pre-purchase the supercarrier with a 50% "Hornet owner" discount. This way you´ll get most out of your money.

Phanteks EvolvX / Win 11 / i9 12900K / MSI Z690 Carbon / MSI Suprim RTX 3090 / 64GB G.Skill Trident Z  DDR5-6000 / 1TB PCIe 4.0 NVMe SSD / 2TB PCIe 3.0 NVMe SSD / 2TB SATA SSD / 1TB SATA SSD / Alphacool Eisbaer Aurora Pro 360 / beQuiet StraightPower 1200W

RSEAT S1 / VPC T50 CM2 + 300mm extension + Realsimulator F18 CGRH / VPC WarBRD + TM Warthog grip / WinWing F/A-18 Super Taurus / 4x TM Cougar MFD / TM TPR / HP Reverb G2

VpR81 brings up a good point that people sometimes forget. As an EA use, negative training, and getting used to flight characteristics etc that are going to almost surely change can be a bit rough. I have made some upgrades to my PC to handle 2.5 and the Hornet. I'm waiting on a HOTAS to arrive. But I am enjoying the wait.

Get either one. Just know where the thing actually stands. The Hornet is "functional". The Viper is..an assortment of flying switches and screens.

Both are going to see changes. The Viper much more than the Hornet.

Owned: Ryzen 3900x, MSI AMD 470x mobo, 32gb 3200MHz ram, Gtx 1660 Ti, 970 Evo Plus 500GB, MsFFB2, TIR5, TMWH+18c Stick, MFG Crosswinds, Buttkicker/SSA, WinWing F-18C . Next is VR for simpit

Art Of The Kill: