One of the best modules

jopasaps

Months ago I bought this module and for lack of time I had not tried it. In these holidays I have begun to enjoy it and I can only say that without hesitation it is one of the best DCS modules. I recommend it. Incredible modeling Thanks Razbam !!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Vista, Suerte y al TORO !!

Months ago I bought this module and for lack of time I had not tried it. In these holidays I have begun to enjoy it and I can only say that without hesitation it is one of the best DCS modules. I recommend it. Incredible modeling Thanks Razbam !!

I echo this. And for the record, I own all the study level (non-wwii) modules except the A-10. My other top module is the F-14. The mirage is an easier bird to fly, but also very visceral. And I like pretending to be french.

Which DCS modules are you also flying?

Just to know to which modules you are comparing.

I am flying f18, f16, harrier, A10, viggen, f5, mig 15, etc etc...

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

M2000 is nicely done and RB worked hard on updating it, beautiful airframe, nice graphics BUT just plain boring to fly ...

Boring to fly why? It is a fly by wire aircraft... It's normal somethings be more affordable...

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• ED Team

@moderator Close the thread ? :)

No need to close the thread, however off topic posts will be removed so lets hope everyone stays on topic.

thanks

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Yep, the Mirage is clearly one of the funniest module to fly. It's easy to learn and to operate and I think it's an excellent introductory module to DCS. If you tend to fly different modules, the Mirage will be a breeze of fresh air and you will enjoy her a lot !

On the downside, I won't go that far in saying that this is the best DCS module. We still have a lot to do regarding system implementation and radar operations. Elwood has already acknowledged the current radar issues reported by several key members of the Mirage community but at the present time he has to work on something else. Once you get past the first few hours and have a need to take the plunge into the study sim aspect, you will get stuck. We need to cross our fingers and hope for a conclusive year 2020 for the Mirage.

I didn't fly the Mirage for a month and consequently could not fly at all on DCS, I miss her. Bring her back please !

3rd Wing | 55th Black Alligators * BA-33

Εις ανηρ ουδεις ανηρ

I would agree if it has Fox 3 missile lol. J/k.

Yeah its fun and has its own unique flight characteristic but IMHO I wouldnt say one of the best tbh but kinda decent module.

Edited by Oceandar

Mastering others is strength. Mastering yourself is true power. - Lao Tze

@Jopasaps Please don’t answer without knowing you have given new opportunity to Viper to express his frustration. Unsolvable bug...

@moderator Close the thread ? :)

I have been a long time supporter of the M-2000C, and I had a lot of arguments with Viper.

But this time I am heavily frustrated too.

The weapon has never been so bugged since early release.

After correcting PCA logic for AG, and it did work well, it has been broken again for month without any concern to fix it.

The radar is heavily bugged and you would be better with any FC3 module.

And this is not about realism, no need to be type rated to see that radar elevation control is bugged or that radar bore sight and vertical scan are offset to the right side.

Break something then work on something else. Great pattern :mad:

Mirage fanatic !

I7-7700K/ MSI RTX3080/ RAM 64 Go/ SSD / TM Hornet stick-Virpil WarBRD + Virpil CM3 Throttle + MFG Crosswind + Reverb G2.

Flickr gallery: https://www.flickr.com/gp/71068385@N02/728Hbi

This seems like an unnecessary provocative thread created at the worst/buggiest time of the module’s development. Calling it the best module in DCS when a lot of it broke just recently is quite odd.

One thing I will add here is that I love flying this jet out of combat. The flight model is really fun and I use the fly by wire to do crazy aerobatics.

Once the massive recent bugs are fixed, this jet will again become a very good stalker/hunter in pvp.

P.S. The new cockpit is also beautiful.

Current Hangar : A-10C II ¦ AJS-37 ¦ A/V-8B ¦ F-14A/B ¦ F/A-18C ¦ FC3 ¦ JF-17 ¦ Ka-50 III ¦ Mi-8 ¦ M2000-C ¦ SA342 ¦ UH-1H

Other Modules : Combined Arms ¦ Persian Gulf

TRAINED - LEARNING - LOW EXPERIENCE - ABANDONED

This seems like an unnecessary provocative thread created at the worst/buggiest time of the module’s development. Calling it the best module in DCS when a lot of it broke just recently is quite odd.

One thing I will add here is that I love flying this jet out of combat. The flight model is really fun and I use the fly by wire to do crazy aerobatics.

Once the massive recent bugs are fixed, this jet will again become a very good stalker/hunter in pvp.

P.S. The new cockpit is also beautiful.

You are totally wrong if you think that I have created the thread looking to provoke when I own all Razbam modules and I greatly admire his work. And I admire it because being an aeronautical engineer, I know of the enormous effort required to create a simulator of this caliber. So if you think I have opened the thread to mock or laugh at the module, I'm sorry for you. And I don't see any critical moment of the module. If you read the Chuck guide you will see that there is almost 95% enjoyable. But that does not detract from anything so that in my opinion it is one of the best DCS modules. Happy Holidays.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hmmm... if this one's appearing near up top, you might be holding your list of best modules wrong way around, just saying... :P

Of course, maybe I live in a world upside down and you are wisdom personified ... :book:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Of course, maybe I live in a world upside down and you are wisdom personified ... :book:

I guess it wasn't any kind of personal attack against you.

Its just very uncommon that someone flys the F-16, F-18, A-10c, the Viggen and then calls the M2K as one of the best modules in DCS.

However, personal opinions are somithing to talk about, but not to discuss.

Steam user - Youtube

I am for quality over quantity in DCS modules

You are totally wrong if you think that I have created the thread looking to provoke when I own all Razbam modules and I greatly admire his work. And I admire it because being an aeronautical engineer, I know of the enormous effort required to create a simulator of this caliber. So if you think I have opened the thread to mock or laugh at the module, I'm sorry for you. And I don't see any critical moment of the module. If you read the Chuck guide you will see that there is almost 95% enjoyable. But that does not detract from anything so that in my opinion it is one of the best DCS modules. Happy Holidays.

The module does look and fly nicely. If you are new to it I understand you like it.

However recent bugs added with work on the weapon system brought it several steps back.

So long time users are pretty unhappy (I am).

Mirage fanatic !

I7-7700K/ MSI RTX3080/ RAM 64 Go/ SSD / TM Hornet stick-Virpil WarBRD + Virpil CM3 Throttle + MFG Crosswind + Reverb G2.

It's a great introductory airframe to learn ACM, takeoff, landing, basic aa radar usage.

However, it's a terrible introductory aircraft for learning systems, navigation, and anything at all air to ground. Many of the training missions reference systems that don't work right or flat out don't even exist yet. The air to ground capabilities are completely bugged in almost every aspect, INS won't work right, etc.

It is fun, I just wish it were better taken care of. I have a feeling whenever it happens, when Mirage is realease candidate many of us will agree with OP.

However, seeing guys like jojo, who have defended razbam and kept a positive attitude throughout, get discouraged is a bad sign.

I think they need to pour 100% into one of their existing modules and get it to release candidate. They're clearly very talented but I speculate they are spread too thin.

I got this module right after the last big update and haven't noticed any major issues with the radar or A2G capabilities. Maybe I am missing something. Can someone tell me what is bugged? Also in what way does the INS not work? It seems to work as described for me, although I haven't tried bombing via INS or adding offsets/new waypoints.

- AG weapons: going into attack mode triggers AA radar close combat mode.

- radar elevation control bugged: you can't trust the min/ max altitude values next to radar cursor as soon as you move up/ down the scan zone.

- TWS: detect only one target.

- bore sight mode: offset to the right

- vertical scan: offset to the right. vertically it scans +/-15° instead of -10°/+50°

- SVI & vertical scan (depending on selected weapon) are triggered before bore sight.

- you can change radar range in close combat mode (it should be 10Nm scale only)

- the radar screen displays line number setting even when using 1 line mode (like displays 4 in TWS which is 1 line only...it should not)

- the symbols used to signify contacts on top or bottom line (V with wings or under lined) are now unusable. Like target at the same altitude, radar elevation 0° on 4 lines scan mode.

The contacts should be detected on line 2 & 3 (with overlap). So it should be displayed as simple V.

Currently it's switching between V with wings and V underlined.

So, if you are new to the module, you will miss all that.

But these are recent bugs, some are disrupting newly introduced features useful to build up radar situational awareness.

So we went 1 step forward then 2 steps backs.

And the coder announced a pause to do something else.

Mirage fanatic !

The Mirage was my first full fidelity module and I really enjoyed it. It taught me BFM, WVR, and BVR and I used it to great success. With recent updates though as they seek to improve it somethings have become bugged and the frustrating thing is trying to figure out if its a change to how the system operates so now I'm experiencing user error or if it is an actual bug. So I'll leave it parked in my hangar for a few month while they clean it up and then re learn her. For now they have my benefit of the doubt but if it takes too long (6-8 months) I'll start to complain.

BTW to the OP, glad your enjoying it. Not my favorite anymore but that doesn't mean it shouldn't be yours!

M2000 is nicely done and RB worked hard on updating it, beautiful airframe, nice graphics BUT just plain boring to fly ...

Not boring at all. Fly it like French , and French trained allies, do. 100 feet or less AGL, at 500 knots or faster.

Two peices of kit which require more brainpower then go-power are its radar and INS. With INS being the most difficult , when flying and fighting. Radar is not magic, you have to work it, for it to give you a good solid lock.

For reasons that I am not aware of, French and Belgian, former AdA and Belgian AF pilots, are over represented in the murky world of PMC. With former South African AF holding #1 spot. Former RAF and Israeli AF veterans also working as combat pilots or instructors. Flying for corporations and governments , of dubious nature, in African Continent. I would love to have a BUsh War African theater map for DCS, set either in 1980's , 1990's, and today. Covering Southern or Mid Tropical Africa, and a PMC Coalition option.

- AG weapons: going into attack mode triggers AA radar close combat mode.

- radar elevation control bugged: you can't trust the min/ max altitude values next to radar cursor as soon as you move up/ down the scan zone.

- TWS: detect only one target.

- bore sight mode: offset to the right

- vertical scan: offset to the right. vertically it scans +/-15° instead of -10°/+50°

- SVI & vertical scan (depending on selected weapon) are triggered before bore sight.

- you can change radar range in close combat mode (it should be 10Nm scale only)

- the radar screen displays line number setting even when using 1 line mode (like displays 4 in TWS which is 1 line only...it should not)

- the symbols used to signify contacts on top or bottom line (V with wings or under lined) are now unusable. Like target at the same altitude, radar elevation 0° on 4 lines scan mode.

The contacts should be detected on line 2 & 3 (with overlap). So it should be displayed as simple V.

Currently it's switching between V with wings and V underlined.

So, if you are new to the module, you will miss all that.

But these are recent bugs, some are disrupting newly introduced features useful to build up radar situational awareness.

So we went 1 step forward then 2 steps backs.

And the coder announced a pause to do something else.

========

Not sure what you mean about the first one. I get into A/G mode fine. Also, I can't get the radar range to change in dogfight mode unless I exit dogfight mode first. I'm not sure how you know for sure that the altitudes aren't accurate next to the targeting brackets. I haven't noticed I guess. I think you're right about TWS only showing one target though.

I haven't had too much trouble finding and engaging planes with the radar luckily.