[CANT REPRODUCE] TGP black screen and A/A and A/G button stuck, STPT not working

delevero

Hello ( trackfile via external link )

Saturday 09-11-2019 I did a long multiplayer/recon flight.

Sorry i dont know the excact flight time where the bugs happen, i could not fast forward in the trackfile ( i think )

When i activate my TGP it turned on and i see the TGP cross, but a few seconds later the TGP cross dissaper and i had a black screen.

I tried to turn the tgp on/off/standby and click different buttons via my joystick, and i could see that things change on the TGP page.

But no matter what i never got the TGP cross back. It was like the TGP was stuck and could only look inside of the TGP.

( note.. a friend asked if i by mistake have put it on standby.. Im not 100% sure about that, but im pretty sure it never worked as it should and i first start pressing buttons on the TGP page when i failed. Els i would have touched

anything on that page via my mouse since I have the TGP programmed and working via my joystick ). ( and he also said, do the tgp have power, i look arround and to me it look like all buttons where okay i tried flipping a few to check but no result ).

Later other strange happen.

My A/A and A/G buttons stop working.. I could see they register when i press buttons on my joystick but i was unable to switch inbetween the A/A and A/G page page and got stuck in A/A mode.

Also I was unable to change my steerpoint/waypoint via the button below the numeric numpad below the hud.. When i click next it would not change steerpoint.

I could only change steerpoint when i press 4 on the numpad and enter STPT page .. Now the next/prev button work, but only until i press RTN

the bugs happen after about 30-40 min, i think it happen over the water since i had to activate my tgp to look for ships.

A/A-A/G failed after 1 hour i think

And waypoint bug happen after +40 minutes i think

Trackfile 248,5MB download it here.

https://ufile.io/6rxcncqf

Edited by delevero

Later other strange happen.

My A/A and A/G buttons stop working.. I could see they register when i press buttons on my joystick but i was unable to switch inbetween the A/A and A/G page page and got stuck in A/A mode.

At least this sounds to me like you enabled the dogfight mode, while pushing all your buttons to see what's wrong with your tgp...

Before you call everything a "bug": RTFM & try again! Thank you. :music_whistling:

I9-9900k, 32 GB RAM, Geforce RTX 2080 TI, 128 GB M2 SSD, 1 TB SSD, Track IR, Warthog Hotas

• ED Team

I can't replicate the issue with the TGP.

At least this sounds to me like you enabled the dogfight mode, while pushing all your buttons to see what's wrong with your tgp...

As stated above, this is where you can make it so the AG/AA buttons won't work, if you have it in Dogfight or MSL Override.

If you can submit a short track with the TGP issue I can try again.

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png

• 3 years later...

So you have a couple things going on here. 

#1.  TGP screen black with no video (even though it's powered on). This happens if you don't power the TGP while on the ground. To get it to work mid-flight, simply hit the standby button on the TGP mode...then hit the A/G button on the MFD in the TGP page. Video should appear.

#2.  All the weird stuff with your buttons not working is because I think like previous posters stated, you went into Dogfight mode (which is a specific mode in the F-16 mapped to a switch on the throttle). Put it back to normal mode.

(Note: I know I posted this a long time after OP but I just had this issue myself and wanted to post a clear solution in a single post in case someone else has issue)

• Thanks 1