track replay (land ops)

bbrz

Just bought the F/A-18 and I'm pleasantly surprised that the track replay works flawlessly, at least if you take off and land from a runway (haven't tried carrier ops yet)

I've tried everything to un-sync the replay, vertical snap rolls, tail slides, avalanches, paused the replay, used time acceleration etc. NO problems at all. :)

i7-7700K 4.2GHz, 16GB, GTX 1070 

Just bought the F/A-18 and I'm pleasantly surprised that the track replay works flawlessly, at least if you take off and land from a runway (haven't tried carrier ops yet)

I've tried everything to un-sync the replay, vertical snap rolls, tail slides, avalanches, paused the replay, used time acceleration etc. NO problems at all. :)

Good to know. I think replay has issue with playing back track file from old update. My old track file does not play well in the latest update.

Windows 10 Pro 64bit|Ryzen 5600 @3.8Ghz|EVGA RTX 3070 XC3 Ultra|Corair vengence 32G DDR4 @3200mhz|MSI B550|Thrustmaster Flightstick| Virpil CM3 Throttle| Thrustmaster TFRP Rudder Pedal /Samsung Odyssey Plus Headset

You didn't try hard enough.

It works in general but, length, number of players, and extreme situations, cause problems.

Tacview in addition to a track improves your chances of being able to go back and see what happened.

You didn't try hard enough.

It works in general but, length, number of players, and extreme situations, cause problems.

Tacview in addition to a track improves your chances of being able to go back and see what happened.

What's an extreme situation? E.g. with the Viggen and the MiG21 I can't fly even a simple traffic pattern without the track replay showing a completely different 'flight'.

I'm never using multiplayer. I'm already really happy that I can fly and replay e.g. a full aerobatics session :)

i7-7700K 4.2GHz, 16GB, GTX 1070 

I've had issues with tracks after carrier launches. Haven't had issues with land t/o or air starts but still not convinced that it is rock steady. I'll keep it at that, as this topic has been discussed for as long as I've been on this forum. Hopefully one day replays will be reliable.

So far on my side i simply discovered that the moment you touch the carrier it desynch your replay, as it creats a conflict in altitude, that is on my side, so if i take off from runway, trap on the carrier and end it, it always gets ok, so far done about 10 replays as is and it works. But as soon as i touch the carrier, either i take off from it, i trap on it, relauch, or simply do touch and go on it, it desyn the replay, as a more or less 200 feet altitude lost, so if i touch and go, when i get back int he pattern i ended up around 400 ft or so instead of 600, if i touch and go or even trap, redo a break, when i get in the break i'm about 500-600 ft instead of 800. Like the carrier creates a miss reading of my altitude. So it always ends up in a crash.

So when i want replays, i simply end it on the carrier.

• 11 months later...

I like to fly through the Shipping Container Cranes in PG, and its not easy.... so when

I am able to make it all the way through and I save the track, I don't understand why when

I do a replay, the Anton crashes into the very first crane and the original save was

all the way through ???? Very strange...

Clear Skies