stable Vs openbeta

silentbob11

Another difference(quite big in my humble opinion)is the multiplayer scene in stable vs openbeta, altough the openbeta version has much more servers and are more populated than the stable version the population of stable just seem "nicer" and "friendlier" than the population on openbeta wich i personally have found to be a little "high and mighty". Just my two cents and surely relevant to the comparison between the two versions.

Just made one flight (on one Grim Reapers server, people seemed nice to me when I asked for help) so I can't make any opinion about that now, you may have point there, maybe because people on OB are more advanced in the SIM and lack patience to newcomers, I really don't have a clue :huh:.

This could open a door to a huge discussion. At the end, for good or for bad, it's people who make the servers and foruns. And from my experience, in other communities, there's all kind of people, just have to filter, keep the friendlier, and move along :pilotfly:

That's not special to the switch from Stable to OB, but something that happens during normal auto updates as well.

Yeap, you are right, it happened before :D

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

....things like english cockpit one the Mi-8...

Is there a reason for that english cockpit mod? Does that something different than the "default" english cockpit selectable from the special options tab?

1.thumb.jpg.0bdc3ac3fff9b7c7a694023d5cf9883d.jpg

Modules: KA-50, A-10C, FC3, UH-1H, MI-8MTV2, CA, MIG-21bis, FW-190D9, Bf-109K4, F-86F, MIG-15bis, M-2000C, SA342 Gazelle, AJS-37 Viggen, F/A-18C, F-14, C-101, FW-190A8, F-16C, F-5E, JF-17, SC, Mi-24P Hind, AH-64D Apache, Mirage F1, F-4E Phantom II

System: Win 11 Pro 64bit, Ryzen 3800X, 32gb RAM DDR4-3200, PowerColor Radeon RX 6900XT Red Devil ,1 x Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe, 2 x Samsung SSD 2TB + 1TB SATA, MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals - VIRPIL T-50CM and VIRPIL MongoosT-50 Throttle - HP Reverg G2, using only the latest Open Beta, DCS settings

Is there a reason for that english cockpit mod?

I think he's talking about the cockpit Devrim made a couple of years ago. AFAIK the default English CP is the same exact mod, but an earlier version than the one available here. So both are actually made by Devrim IIRC.

Devrim, can you confirm? Or am I talking carp again?

The DCS Mi-8MTV2. The best aviational BBW experience you could ever dream of.

I think he's talking about the cockpit Devrim made a couple of years ago.

Yeap, that is right

My bad :doh: , I'm a bit new to DCS and when I started I first discover the Devrim English cockpit Mod for the SU-33. So I thought the option in DCS was from having installed it.

I do recommend the "Transparent Controls Indicator"

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Is it possible to copy the campaign progress from the stable version into the OB? :helpsmilie:

Sure, the files should be located somewhere in Saved Games\DCS World.

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

We’re you Thor kid who snuck down on Christmas Eve to open your presents or did you wait until after breakfast on Christmas Day?

BlackeyCole 20years usaf

XP-11. Dcs 2.5OB

Acer predator laptop/ i7 7720, 2.4ghz, 32 gb ddr4 ram, 500gb ssd,1tb hdd,nvidia 1080 8gb vram

New FlightSim Blog at https://blackeysblog.wordpress.com. Go visit it and leave me feedback and or comments so I can make it better. A new post every Friday.

We’re you Thor kid who snuck down on Christmas Eve to open your presents or did you wait until after breakfast on Christmas Day?

Always waited, i was the "we do this not because its easy, but because its hard" kid.

Supercarrier | Flaming Cliffs 3 | M-2000C | AJS-37 Viggen| MIG-21Bis | L-39 Albatros | Yak-52 | Spitfire LF MK IX | Mig-15Bis | Mig-19P Farmer | P-51D Mustang | F/A-18 | F-14 | F-5E Tiger II | C-101 Aviojet | I-16 | UH-1H Huey | Mil MI-8tv2 | Sa 342M Gazelle | Combined Arms | NS-430 Navigation System | NEVADA | Persian Gulf | Normandy1944 | World war II assets pack | Black Shark 2 | F-5E Agressors ACM campaign |F-5E Agressors BFM Campaign | L-39 Albatros Kursant Campaign | DCS:Syria

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

So I tried the OB version and I don't get it why there is so many servers on a version that crashes constantly and there is more bugs,

Only advantage is that they get new stuff a week or 2 before the stable version.

Am I missing something?

I run only OB and live with it, I don't have a 2 terabyte ssd drive. Install size is gettin to the breaking point.

CPU: Intel I7 7700k /Ram:32gb_ddr4

GFX: Nvidia Asus 1080 8Gb

Mon: Asus vg2448qe 24"

Disk: SSD

Stick: TM Warthog #1400/Saitek pro pedals/TIR5/TM MFDs

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

So I tried the OB version and I don't get it why there is so many servers on a version that crashes constantly and there is more bugs,

Only advantage is that they get new stuff a week or 2 before the stable version.

YMMV. Crashes are not normal behavior and are usually hotfixed in days after update or at least the cause is known when it's not gamebreaking. If you have crashes make a proper bug report here:

https://forums.eagle.ru/forumdisplay.php?f=444

Some remedy for now:

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=202214

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/support/faq/543/

Mind that last stable version was in 2019. Since then many have changed - core, lighting, new gfx options, updates to numerous aircraft and other modules, including campaigns and OB is the only way to play JF-17. But of course you should accept what it is first:

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=222881

🖥️ Win10  i7-10700KF  32GB  RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M  TWCS  TFRP   ✈️ FC3  F-14A/B  F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR  PG  Syria

YMMV. Crashes are not normal behavior and are usually hotfixed in days after update or at least the cause is known when it's not gamebreaking. If you have crashes make a proper bug report here:

https://forums.eagle.ru/forumdisplay.php?f=444

Some remedy for now:

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=202214

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/support/faq/543/

Mind that last stable version was in 2019. Since then many have changed - core, lighting, new gfx options, updates to numerous aircraft and other modules, including campaigns and OB is the only way to play JF-17. But of course you should accept what it is first:

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=222881

It wasn't my intention to trash on the ED team, I think you guys are doing a great job, I love the modules and planing to buy more in the future,

I'm new to DCS world, and I didn't even know that there is more servers on the OB version even tho most of them are empty, but most new people coming to DCS will be met with the same picture,

When I saw all those server on Beta I was like what?!?;D Isn't Stable version the one that should have most people playing?

my point was that about 60% of the community is playing OB while other 40% plays on Stable, which makes the community divided.

According to EDs own statistics more than twice as many Players are on Stable as on Open Beta (>60% Stable, 30% OB, <10% legacy versions)

It was about MP so his numbers are more correct.

🖥️ Win10  i7-10700KF  32GB  RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M  TWCS  TFRP   ✈️ FC3  F-14A/B  F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR  PG  Syria

Am I missing something?

Yes, you are missing the fact, that the Stable version is currently ~4 months behind the Open Beta, not 2 weeks, which means a lot of fixes and additions (e.g. new Ka-50 cockpit) are only available in the Open Beta currently.

According to EDs own statistics more than twice as many Players are on Stable as on Open Beta (>60% Stable, 30% OB, <10% legacy versions)

Yes, but most of them are playing singleplayer only. Most multiplayer players are using the Open Beta.

my point was that about 60% of the community is playing OB while other 40% plays on Stable, which makes the community divided.

It does indeed divide the community a bit, but it's currently a very unusual situation, that the Stable is so far behind the Open Beta, due to technical issues with the Open Beta. Once those issues have been fixed, the Stable will catch up to the Open Beta and everything should be back to normal.

Edited by QuiGon

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

Yes, but most of them are playing singleplayer only. Most multiplayer players are using the Open Beta.

That's probably true (though its not a confirmed ED statistic and is conjecture based around the number of PUBLIC servers only)

Obviously MP itself is only a small minority of the ED userbase anyway (less than half the number of Single Player Users according to ED)

Airbag_signatur.png

@Furiz - Till the end of last year, Stable used to be up to 4 weeks "behind" Open Beta, usually much less. Differences between both builds were minor, both feature-wise and performance-wise (bugs-wise as well, to be honest, with Stable never really being that "stable" and polished either). So most people were going Open Beta, because there were no glaring advantages in staying Stable anyway.

What we've got now, is extremely unusual situation for ED standards - fifth month begins without Stable being synchronized with Open Beta (and thus there are pretty big differences in content and features between them now), not to mention Open Beta 2.5.6 itself being unusually messy and troublesome affair. Hence the division visible between both singleplayer and multiplayer communities.

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.

Well you guys summed up lots of answers to my questions, I'm new to DCS but not new to MP gaming so I was surprised to see community divided.

Hope the difference flattens out soon, and we have one big merged community.

As for me I wont stop supporting with getting new modules, I like the game and the realism it offers,

have plenty to learn anyway :)

P.S. More Viper love ;D

Stupid question: The 2.5.5 is the Stable and the 2.5.6 is the OB, aren't they

I'm asking because I have the 2.5.5 installed and I can fly the JF-17 in that version (because the free trial month). Maybe is because I have steam version? or maybe because weeks ago I upgrade to 2.5.6 in steam and then rollback to 2.5.5 (Not clean installation, just rollback)

O_O