F14 and SRS

jonsky7

I am also having a hard time configuring the F-14 for SRS. I will explain:

First of all, I use *Cold Mic* to avoid my fellow Pilot/RIO the annoyance of hearing my conversations with my family and my neighbor dog barking. Then, no matter what option I use, it is always problematic:

1. Option "default".

I get the menu at each communication press, which is annoying because when enabled it messes with some keybindings and also is not aesthetic at all.

2. Option "OPEN MENU: RADIO MENU KEY FOLLOWED BY PTT"

I can configure my HOTAS software* with separate actions for comms and menu as I do in every other plane, but the ICS PTT does not work and instead Jester appears. I hoped that at least this was meant to save the additional "A" Jester keybinding, but no, it does not work to select Jester options.

(*) I don't have any problem using TARGET on my Warthog HOTAS to map the \ + PTT for menus.

3. Option "HIDE RADIO MENU ON PTT RELEASE"

Needing to keep the PTT pressed to use the menus is not ergonomic at all and also needs special Voice Attack profiles incompatible with the rest of aircraft.

4. In any case, when enabling in SRS option "ALWAYS allow SRS Hotkeys" to bypass the F-14 SRS logic and use other keybindings, SRS will work with radios 1 and 2, but I cannot transmit in ICS through SRS radio 3 (it transmits in the last used 1 or 2 radio). So not usable either.

Guys, I really appreciate your effort to reduce the number of keybindings in our HOTAS, but currently we already need them for every other aircraft and I prefer having the same consistent configuration across all of my modules. Thus I would be very happy having an additional option that disables all this SRS support so I can use it directly like in the other modules.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

If you use always allow SRS hotkeys, just bind the intercom in SRS and you're done.

It works the same as switching to radio 1 and 2

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

Scripts: Complete Transport And Logistics Deployment - CTLD / CTLD Examples - Lots of example of how to use CTLD

CSAR Script - Downed Pilot Rescue / Dedicated Server Script - Automatically launch DCS Multiplayer server at startup

Range Scoring Script - Get scores and counts hits on targets for gunnery or bombs / SimpleSlotBlock - Multiplayer dynamic Slot Blocking Script

Projects: DCS-SimpleRadio Standalone - DCS Radio Integration for All Aircraft - NO TeamSpeak Required! :)

DCS-SimpleRadio Troubleshooting Post / DCS-SimpleRadio Free Support Channel on Discord

Thank you! I have SRS working perfectly with every other aircraft for a long time now, but in the tomcat I either can't hear a human RIO, or if I turn hot mic on then I am broadcasting continuously on the last used SRS channel and I have to change the radio frequency to something dumb so that I am not spamming the whole server. I cannot tell if this is a bug or it is me.

My main concern is that I don't want to have to change SRS config (2 keys configured for PTT) every time I switch planes!

What would be ideal for me, is if I could map 5 actions to my throttle:

1) One button to bring up the radio menu for radio 1

2) One button to bring up the radio menu for radio 2

3) One button for Radio Select/PTT for SRS radio 1

4) One button for Radio Select/PTT for SRS radio 2

5) One button that will do ICS PTT if I have a human rio (I do NOT want a hot mic), and instead bring up the jester menu if I don't have a human rio. That was RIO is always on the same button, human or jester.

1 - 4 work in all other planes for me right now.

You don't need to have 5 buttons but only 4... let me explain.

Set your radio 1 and radio 2 in srs for PTT buttons. Like the comm1 and comm2 in the hornet.

Now.

In DCS set DCS special tab for the f-14 as 'open menu : radio menu key followed by PTT'

In the controls set it up like this.

Pilot :

-One of your SRS ptt hotas button is set as 'mic button VHF/UHF2' (for me it's hat right)

-One of your SRS ptt hotas button is set as 'mic button UHF1' (for me it's hat left)

-One hotas button is set as 'mic ICS button' (for me it's hat up)

-One hotas button is set as 'communication menu' (for me it's hat down)

Now how does it work... in game your two srs button (hat left and hat right) will control each radios in the F-14 the one that you can set up as a pilot and the one that the RIO can set up.

The iCS button (hat up) will control the interphone activation as a push to talk, as long as you set up your ICS as a cold mic in your cockpit (left panel, close to the tacan) .

To communicate to the AI via the in game 'communication menu', press hat down, quickly followed by hat left OR hat right (depending if you need UHF or UHF/VHF radio) and that will bring up the communication menu on the top right of your screen. Make sure you are in the correct frequencies for the AI to respond though. To talk to the AI always click HAT DOWN (communication menu) followed by either of your PTT radio buttons (hat left and hat right)

Now, as a rio you will use the same hat, set up, except that you won't have the hat right to talk directly in the VHF/UHF radio.

Rio :

In DCS controls setup up :

your hat left to 'mic button UHF'

Your hat up to 'mic button ICS'

Your hat down to 'communication menu'

To talk in ICS use the Hat up (mic button ICS) as a push to talk, and make sure you are in cold mic (left panel, close to the tacan)

Now, to talk on the external radio (UHF and UHF2/VHF) you will always use the left hat (mic button UHF) , BUT there is a switch in the cockpit that allows you to select WHICH RADIO you will emit in... UHF1, UHF2/VHF , OR BOTH. That switch is also on the left panel.

You can indeed use hot mic on the ICS on both seats but I would advise against it, because as a rio there is a chance that you will constantly emit on the UHF and VHF as well..

Hope, it's more clear. If not, I'll make a video.

ps: that's one way to do it. There are other ways.

EDIT: added for clarity ->

SRS%20set%20up_zpsvtwr2smz.png

SRS%20set%20up2_zpsxvgihb2v.png

SRS%20set%20up3_zpsyl4gsdlz.png

SRS%20set%20up4_throttle_zpsfnr99kxk.png

Edited by FZG_Immel

[sIGPIC]https://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic70550_3.gif[/sIGPIC]

Asus Z390-H - SSD M.2 EVO 970 - Intel I9 @5.0ghz - 32gb DDR4 4000 - EVGA 3090 - Cougar FSSB + Virpil WRBRD + Hornet Stick - Thrustmaster TPR Pedal + WinWing MIP + Orion + TO and CO pannels - Track IR5

Set your radio 1 and radio 2 in srs for PTT buttons. Like the comm1 and comm2 in the hornet.

Now.

In DCS set DCS special tab for the f-14 as 'open menu : radio menu key followed by PTT'

In the controls set it up like this.

Pilot :

-One of your SRS ptt hotas button is set as 'mic button VHF/UHF' (for me it's hat right)

-One of your SRS ptt hotas button is set as 'mic button UHF' (for me it's hat left)

Not sure I follow the SRS setup. SRS can't map separate PTT for Radio 1 and Radio 2, there's just one PTT button and buttons to change radios. Do you mean map those?

VC

=X51= Squadron is recruiting!

X51 website: https://x51squadron.com/

Join our Discord: https://discord.gg/d9JtFY4

I have it set up like this (the radio switches are set as PUSH TO TALK buttons) :

SRS%20set%20up_zpsvtwr2smz.png

SRS%20set%20up2_zpsxvgihb2v.png

SRS%20set%20up3_zpsyl4gsdlz.png

SRS%20set%20up4_throttle_zpsfnr99kxk.png

Edited by FZG_Immel

Asus Z390-H - SSD M.2 EVO 970 - Intel I9 @5.0ghz - 32gb DDR4 4000 - EVGA 3090 - Cougar FSSB + Virpil WRBRD + Hornet Stick - Thrustmaster TPR Pedal + WinWing MIP + Orion + TO and CO pannels - Track IR5

OK that makes sense now. I've mapped it as per the pictures, but haven't tried it "live" yet.

My only concern now is that I need to re-map SRS whenever I swtich to/from the F-14, because the HAT on the throttle that has all the F-14 PTTs does completely different things on my other planes.

Does this not work then if you don't map the functions to radios in SRS? I thought the point of the integration was to not have to do that.

VC

=X51= Squadron is recruiting!

X51 website: https://x51squadron.com/

Join our Discord: https://discord.gg/d9JtFY4

OK that makes sense now. I've mapped it as per the pictures, but haven't tried it "live" yet.

My only concern now is that I need to re-map SRS whenever I swtich to/from the F-14, because the HAT on the throttle that has all the F-14 PTTs does completely different things on my other planes.

Does this not work then if you don't map the functions to radios in SRS? I thought the point of the integration was to not have to do that.

you can do the same with whatever HAT though

• 1 month later...

i assign the same buttons (hat switch next to the mouse on the throttle) for the radios in the cat and i assign the same buttons to the same radios in srs itself. works fine,

theres also an intercom between pilot and human rio in dcs but i cant remember what its called

7700k @5ghz, 32gb 3200mhz ram, 2080ti, nvme drives, valve index vr

• 8 months later...

What is the function in the latest update?

Added F-14 Transponder Panel - Gyrovague

Intel i7 9700k, 64GB DDR4 (Corsair), Gigabyte Z390 Master, RTX 2080 Ti AMP 11gb, 500GB Sabrent Rocket (System), 1TB XPG Gammix S11 Pro M.2 (DCS), Windows 11 64-bit Pro, Samsung 49" 4K CRG9 Monitor (5120x1440), Samsung Odyssey Plus, TrackIR 5, Thrustmaster Warthog Hotas, Various streamdecks, button boxes, Logitech Pro Rudder Pedals, Corsair K95 Platinum, Iron Claw mouse.

DCS OB, F-14B Tomcat, F-18C Hornet, F-16C Viper, A-10C Warthog, F-5 Tiger II, AV-8B Harrier, P-51D Mustang, FC3, Super Carrier

Thrustmaster Warthog Hotas, (3) Cougar MFD's, Logitech Pro Rudder Pedals, (2) Stream Decks, (1) Stream Deck XL, (1) Stream Deck Mini, Misc Button Boxes

• 5 months later...
if you look back to SRS version 1.7.4.0 you'll see

the latest 2.0 beta version of lotatc is now making use of this

Is there a way for the pilot to set the transponder code? I don't mean from the cockpit, but either via Jester menu or SRS?