TGP feedback resolution, is it intentional that its worst than the f18,a10c,harrier.

mehksauce

I'm having hard time picking up targets with the wmd pod, i was asking around and a guy on discord showed me these 2 screenshots that compares the image quality feedback, same target, both on CCD, both screenshots are max zoom and narrow FOV

and from what you can see, the f18, which is considered the worst tgp image quality compared to the a10c,harrier.. triumphs over the jeff.

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/420225846196961280/667868121733922821/unknown.png

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/420225846196961280/667867788320440370/unknown.png

Did delka intend for this? or is the pod also WIP?

Edited by mehksauce

are you trying to shoot the spaceships from space invaders :P

jokes aside - the jeff tgp has a range of 22nm i think, i can tell from your screnshot that you're exceeding that

p.s. the f18 has the same tgp the a10 and f16 have (at the moment), it's the litening and it's WIP (will probably get replaced with the atflir when it's ready)

are you trying to shoot the spaceships from space invaders :P

jokes aside - the jeff tgp has a range of 22nm i think, i can tell from your screnshot that you're exceeding that

p.s. the f18 has the same tgp the a10 and f16 have (at the moment), it's the litening and it's WIP (will probably get replaced with the atflir when it's ready)

the original guy that made these comparison said "indeed i am exceeding the 22 NM range but i am also doing the same in the F-18"

More like Deka are the only ones that have actually made an effort to make a sensible TGP, with flaws such as focus issues, limited gimbal rotation, contrast issues, and other similar limitations in how well they work for discovering and keeping an eye on a target.

• Like 1

❧ ❧ Inside you are two wolves. One cannot land; the other shoots friendlies. You are a Goon. ❧ ❧

The advertised range of the WMD-7 pod is about 20nm, so talking zoom level and range for target aquisition, yes, its inferior to every other pod, although the LANTIRN (never used it) supposedly also has room for improvement. FLIR imageing is something that seems off though, for unknown reasons the contrasts seem worse in the Jeff then for example the Hog. Maybe ED´s new FLIR imageing will fix this, not sure.

''Greed is a bottomless pit which exhausts the person in an endless effort to satisfy the need without ever reaching satisfaction.''

Erich Fromm

AFAIK the Jeff TGP is the most accurate in DCS currently.

ED are apparently working on a new IR model for the world, which I think is needed for FLIR to work properly (among other things).

Motorola 68000 | 1 Mb | Debug port

"When performing a forced landing, fly the aircraft as far into the crash as possible." - Bob Hoover.

The JF-17 is not better than the F-16; it's different. It's how you fly that counts.

"An average aircraft with a skilled pilot, will out-perform the superior aircraft with an average pilot."