Through The Inferno - A randomized and endless task-based mission for DCS 1.5

Confirmed after a A2A easy mission if you ask a 2nd one while airborn you get a A2A normal one.

Edit : some mess up in the radio menus. After finishing this 2nd mission, couldn't ask for A2G. Only A2A, A2A easy, multirole and recon. Asked a multirole, but couldn't ask for a 2nd tasking.

Edited by Zarma

i9 9900k, 64 Go RAM, RTX 4090, Warthog HOTAS Throttle & Stick, Saitek Combat Rudder, MFD Cougar, Trackir 5 Pro, Multipurpose UFC and Oculus Rift S (when I want some VR),

http://www.twitch.tv/zarma4074 /  https://www.youtube.com/user/Zarma4074 

Copy-of-DCS-A-10C-User-Bar-CMR-ConvertImage.jpg

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Confirmed after a A2A easy mission if you ask a 2nd one while airborn you get a A2A normal one.

Edit : some mess up in the radio menus. After finishing this 2nd mission, couldn't ask for A2G. Only A2A, A2A easy, multirole and recon. Asked a multirole, but couldn't ask for a 2nd tasking.

Alright, so I've fixed A2A easy mode. Asking for a second A2A easy, will get you an A2A easy mission.

Requesting secondary tasking works, as far as I've tested it.

I did an easy A2A, asked for a second A2A easy, requested a secondary multirole task, and I saw both the A2A easy and multirole enemy groups spawn.

You can only start a secondary at the start of a mission task. I give players 30 seconds to decide if they want one before the request disappears. The idea is that you want all tasks to be given at the same time.

The version now is 1.14

"Through The Inferno"

Endless, Dynamic, Open-World Experience for DCS World

Did you have A2G after A2A easy ?

No, I only got "Request another A2A easy mission" after the A2A easy was finished.

Is there still an issue on your end?

Also, what plane are you using if you are getting any errors?

Mind sending a track as well?

"Through The Inferno"

Last time, I started in the SU33 and asked an easy A2A, got 2 mig23.

After that, while airborn, asked a 2nd mission and got 3 SU27 (was 1.13), and I got shot before finishing the task.

I scrambled in a SU27 to finish the task but meanwhile, I noticed an IL78 and 2 L39 on the map and had to RTB to rearm. So I took off again with a SU33 to shoot the L39 and gunned the IL78 on the ground. Once it depopped, the task was completed so I landed on the carrier.

Swapped to an A10C to do some bombing but could ask for a A2G mission. Only A2A, A2A easy, multi-role and recon.

i9 9900k, 64 Go RAM, RTX 4090, Warthog HOTAS Throttle & Stick, Saitek Combat Rudder, MFD Cougar, Trackir 5 Pro, Multipurpose UFC and Oculus Rift S (when I want some VR),

http://www.twitch.tv/zarma4074 /  https://www.youtube.com/user/Zarma4074 

Copy-of-DCS-A-10C-User-Bar-CMR-ConvertImage.jpg

Thanks for this good multi role mission :thumbup:

Two little problems for me (but I solved them myself) :

-personnal snapviews don't work because of the View directory in the mission itself (I cleared it in the miz file)

-it's actually impossible to make laser bombing with M-2000 C because of the FM Channel of the JTAC. (I changed the channels to AM ones adding 100 to all the mission FM channels to be able to know the good channels with radio messages)

I think the snapviews problem is more important for players while the second one is for French people mainly :music_whistling:

[/url]All known Dynamic Campaign Engine Campaigns

Last DCE news : Crisis in PG - Blue version

Thanks for this good multi role mission :thumbup:

Two little problems for me (but I solved them myself) :

-personnal snapviews don't work because of the View directory in the mission itself (I cleared it in the miz file)

-it's actually impossible to make laser bombing with M-2000 C because of the FM Channel of the JTAC. (I changed the channels to AM ones adding 100 to all the mission FM channels to be able to know the good channels with radio messages)

I think the snapviews problem is more important for players while the second one is for French people mainly :music_whistling:

I fixed the two problems you mentioned in the latest release version 1.15

Thanks for the input, I hope this is now more enjoyable for your M-2000C

"Through The Inferno"

After that, while airborn, asked a 2nd mission and got 3 SU27 (was 1.13), and I got shot before finishing the task.

I scrambled in a SU27 to finish the task but meanwhile, I noticed an IL78 and 2 L39 on the map and had to RTB to rearm. So I took off again with a SU33 to shoot the L39 and gunned the IL78 on the ground. Once it depopped, the task was completed so I landed on the carrier.

Swapped to an A10C to do some bombing but could ask for a A2G mission. Only A2A, A2A easy, multi-role and recon.

Thanks for the detailed report, I'll try to replicate this and get back to you!

"Through The Inferno"

v1.15 mentioned in first post but v114 found in the dropbox location? Typo or just tired and (like I often do) made a mistake uploading the file?

Enjoying your work! Thank you!

May have been a mistake.

Check now, I just updated to 1.16 with custom kneeboard pages :D

I think ill just use the DCS User Files Page from now own.

"Through The Inferno"

Alright, the issue was when you landed on the carrier, you got new tasks specific for the carrier.

When you swapped planes, there is a script in place so that when you swap, it doesn't give you new missions so that it doesn't clutter the F10 menu. So the tasks you got from the carrier is what you'll have unless you complete one of those with the plane you switched to or just restart the mission with a plane you want.

--- But now that I see that's an issue for those who want to switch at anytime so I fixed that.

I've addressed this issue in v1.18 by just simply adding more tasks to the carrier so that you're not missing out on tasks when you swap planes.

Now after I landed on the carrier after finishing an A2A mission, I got new tasks, switched to A-10C and it's all good now, A2G mission is there.

"Through The Inferno"

through the inferno

Excellent Mission with lots of options. Ran through it all weekend with the SU-27 and SU-33. Did a lot to improve my S.A. skills and got to practice radar and A to A. Till I could survive against 3 aircraft. Made my first carrier landing on my first attempt. The following ones weren't so good. Thanks for creating this.

Cheers

Rotor57

My Rig; Intel i7 3770K @ 3.5_32GB RAM_GTX 1080 _X55 Rhino Throttle_TM_Warthog Flight Stick_TM Pedals_28" 4K Eyeball Bleeding Monitor::doh:

Take off is optional, landing is not::pilotfly:

FC3; CA; NTTR; P51; Spitfire; F86F; Mig15; F5; KA-50; AJS 37 Viggen; UH-1H; F18C; A10-C;M2000;AV8B-N/A;Christen Eagle;

Excellent Mission with lots of options. Ran through it all weekend with the SU-27 and SU-33. Did a lot to improve my S.A. skills and got to practice radar and A to A. Till I could survive against 3 aircraft. Made my first carrier landing on my first attempt. The following ones weren't so good. Thanks for creating this.

Cheers

Glad to hear your weekend was quite fulfilling :)

This mission can get quite difficult when flying alone.

I dunno if I made it apparent enough, but if you do a either the recon/supply run mission, you can earn some AI wingmen to fly with you.

Let me know if you're interested in seeing some other changes/mission types or anything else. I'm still very actively updating and improving on this mission everyday, and I'm also thinking of porting this mission to NTTR and other regions of the Caucus.

I've just updated with a great fix to the A2G missions, making them a little more in-depth.

Thanks for trying it out, I appreciate it!

"Through The Inferno"

Glad to hear your weekend was quite fulfilling :)

This mission can get quite difficult when flying alone.

I dunno if I made it apparent enough, but if you do a either the recon/supply run mission, you can earn some AI wingmen to fly with you.

Let me know if you're interested in seeing some other changes/mission types or anything else. I'm still very actively updating and improving on this mission everyday, and I'm also thinking of porting this mission to NTTR and other regions of the Caucus.

I've just updated with a great fix to the A2G missions, making them a little more in-depth.

Thanks for trying it out, I appreciate it!

I will find the latest version and try it out. Thanks for the comments. Now I don't feel so bad not being able to complete all my missions... Tnx n Cheers

Rotor57

My Rig; Intel i7 3770K @ 3.5_32GB RAM_GTX 1080 _X55 Rhino Throttle_TM_Warthog Flight Stick_TM Pedals_28" 4K Eyeball Bleeding Monitor::doh:

Take off is optional, landing is not::pilotfly:

FC3; CA; NTTR; P51; Spitfire; F86F; Mig15; F5; KA-50; AJS 37 Viggen; UH-1H; F18C; A10-C;M2000;AV8B-N/A;Christen Eagle;

HI,

Thank you for the great work. It looks very promising.

Why I cant change to red ? I m using russian aircraft and all instruments shows metric but I guess the awacs tells imperial when I m on usa side, which means I have to convert before pointing the radar.

Thanks!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Our group downed all Air to Air units, after that, there was no mission acomplished message and we could no longer enable any more mission

It's possible there were still RED COALITION alive.

If you're playing without the F10 Map, then it can be easy to miss that one may have gotten away.

Also, the mission tells you when AWACS is down.

I haven't had an issue with this in all my playtesting, and same with others. I just took a look at the mission triggers and all and it seems to be working fine.

The mission does potentially spawn more air units, so it's possible you missed that.

Additionally, you need to have at least one player as LEAD to initiate and trigger certain mission triggers.

I am interested in how this problem came about. Could you elaborate on how you went about the mission and encountered the issue in a little more detail?

.trk files help to, but if you could shed a little more info on what happened at least, it would be very helpful for me to figure out what happened.

Thanks for trying it out and letting me know.

"Through The Inferno"

HI,

Thank you for the great work. It looks very promising.

Why I cant change to red ? I m using russian aircraft and all instruments shows metric but I guess the awacs tells imperial when I m on usa side, which means I have to convert before pointing the radar.

Thanks!

Sorry about that, I have some RUS planes as USA planes so that there are many options for BLUE.

AWACS will always be telling you imperial regardless of your plane. I guess this is something I can work on for future updates and/or when I port this mission over to another area/region/map.

"Through The Inferno"

It's possible there were still RED COALITION alive.

If you're playing without the F10 Map, then it can be easy to miss that one may have gotten away.

Also, the mission tells you when AWACS is down.

I haven't had an issue with this in all my playtesting, and same with others. I just took a look at the mission triggers and all and it seems to be working fine.

The mission does potentially spawn more air units, so it's possible you missed that.

Additionally, you need to have at least one player as LEAD to initiate and trigger certain mission triggers.

I am interested in how this problem came about. Could you elaborate on how you went about the mission and encountered the issue in a little more detail?

.trk files help to, but if you could shed a little more info on what happened at least, it would be very helpful for me to figure out what happened.

Thanks for trying it out and letting me know.

Hi!

We were 2xM-2000C and 1xMig-29. The map (F10) was open for viewing. I was a leader in the M-2000C, we killed all the aircraft (Map did not show any more), but the trigger did not work. I also noticed that he warned that AWACS had been shot down but it was operational. I'll see if I find the .trk file to send when I'm home.

Hi!

We were 2xM-2000C and 1xMig-29. The map (F10) was open for viewing. I was a leader in the M-2000C, we killed all the aircraft (Map did not show any more), but the trigger did not work. I also noticed that he warned that AWACS had been shot down but it was operational. I'll see if I find the .trk file to send when I'm home.

Hiya! I just took a look, I fixed the AWACS problem. He was leaving the zone by a few meters, so it triggered his death messages.

Also, I took a second look at the A2A triggers, looks like a flag was mismatched. I might've done that by accident when I was working on another fix.

Try the latest update 1.23.

Let me know how that goes, thanks!

"Through The Inferno"

The E-3/E-2 will always report in Imperial, the A-50 will always report in metric...

Since we can't silence specific aircraft for specific groups and FC3 planes always hear everything, you are unfortunately left with the option of either making some conversions for the Eastern birds or dealing with two AWACS spamming you (which can crap up the channel and delay important transmissions.)

Try to.spawn two awacs then if a player select an eastern AC stop AI of west awac and enable.east awac AI.and vice versa. OFC if bith coalition AC exist in game ppl will.have.radio clutter..

Sent from my HUAWEI G510-0100 using Tapatalk

"These are not the bugs you are looking for..":pilotfly:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

My YouTube channel

SPECS

-AMD FX8370 8 Core Processor 4.2 ghz

-GIGABYTE 970A-UD3P

-GTX 1050 TI Windforce 4g

-16 GB RAM

-Saitek X 52

-FaceNOIRtrack - 3 point clip Red Led

A little elaborate but might work...

Switched conditions, AI task push for AWACS tasking with a stop condition for a flag.

Switched condition, user in US airframe, dead flag off, AI task push E3-AWACS...

Switched conditions, all US airframes dead , dead flag on. This should automatically terminate the AWACS tasking and your E3 should just orbit.

Ditto for the A50.