Need help with: Idiot's guide to VR and DCS World v2

kmaplf

Hello all, I do not know why I am determined to make this so difficult.

My system is DSC World v2.1.1, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS and Oculus Rift. I have tried a number of joystick profiles which is most likely the root of my issue.

How do I reset DCS A-10C to use the default controller profiles so I can start over?

Second, Is there an "idiot's guide" to setup DCS to use the Thrustmaster HOTAS and Oculus Rift? I am embarrassed to tell you that my troubles began while trying to raise the gear after takeoff. Having to count keys on the keyboard to the letter "G".

I have since found Voice Attack, but I think I need to default my setup and start fresh with the configuration, hopefully using a guide to configure.

I have searched the forum as well as Google and youtube but I have not found what I need to setup for flying using the HOTAS and Oculus Rift with no hands on the keyboard...

I did try "Home Fries" setup but ran into issues because - I think: It is created for DCS v1.5 and I am using v2. However I am not sure.

Thank you in advance.

All your personal data about DCS 2 is stored in c:\users\[your profile]\Saved Games\DCS.openalpha (or something like that) folder.

Config\Input\ subfolder contains everything about controllers settings, so delete this one to get back to stock state.

Config\options.lua file contains everything about the remaining game settings, so delete that one to get back to stock state.

Can't help with HOTAS 'cause I don't own A-10C, but I've read many times that being "Warthog" it's obviously configured to work with A-10C "out of the box" so to speak? As for the VR, I'd recommend checking out VR-section of the forum:

https://forums.eagle.ru/forumdisplay.php?f=497

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.

Deleting the folders did reset the simulator and that cured my controls issue. However I am still grasping the concept of flying hands off the keyboard. Using the Oculus Rift and HOTAS with VR and Mouse selected in the Options menu, I am unable to look around the cockpit. For example, I am unable to throw the weapons arm switch or gear switch as the mouse will not travel below the MFDs.

Deleting the folders did reset the simulator and that cured my controls issue. However I am still grasping the concept of flying hands off the keyboard. Using the Oculus Rift and HOTAS with VR and Mouse selected in the Options menu, I am unable to look around the cockpit. For example, I am unable to throw the weapons arm switch or gear switch as the mouse will not travel below the MFDs.
This is most likely because dcs is not in full screen mode, press alt+enter after starting the sim, the mouse should be able to go every where

Sent from my XT1072 using Tapatalk

• 3 months later...

I use both the Warthog H.O.T.A.S. And Oculus Rift C2. I would suggest that you bind your switches and buttons to your WH if you're having trouble reaching them with the mouse. For example, there is a switch on the throttle base that I use to throw an arming switch.

I found an excellent resource in the WH profiles by Polaris (I believe they're in the "INPUT" subforum). You can do a search and find them. The difference between those profiles and the excellent ones by Homefries is that Homefries uses the Target software and Polaris doesn't.

If Polaris doesn't have a profile for your aircraft, you can use one of the others as a guide to setup yours.

Regarding VR, I open the controls tab on the main screen and select "UI" as the aircraft. Then I bind "Escape" (pause), "VR Zoom," and "Center VR" to buttons on my stick and throttle base. The bindings in UI are global and go across all your aircraft so you must decide how you want to bind them. For example, I bind the "Pause" to the button next to the autopilot switch, but that's the same button I use for the drag chute in my F-5, so I use the joystick lever as a modifier (Lever + button) for one of the actions. I also set my full screen (right alt. + Enter) and "show FPS (Rt alt + Rt Control + F16 (pause) after the sim is running, but before I put on my headset.

I hope this helps. I know how confusing it can all be when you're new to it.

Edited by Balzarog
Added info.

When all else fails, READ THE INSTRUCTIONS!

i-7 8700K Coffee Lake 5 GHz OC CPU, 32GB Corsair 3200 RAM, GTX1080 Ti 11Gb VRAM. Controls - Thrustmaster Warthog H.O.T.A.S., Saitek Pro rudder pedals, TrackIR 5, Oculus Rift S, Rift CV1