Tornado

dave-uk

I did a search but found no reference, so if it been mentioned before forgive me.

Have any of the very talented people thought about making a Tornado aircraft?

I was part of 1991 gulf war, Operation Granby (Desert Storm to our friends across the pond) it would be great to fly this in the Persian gulf.

First picture is of a Jaguar and Tornado

The Panavia Tornado is a family of twin-engine, variable-sweep wing multirole combat aircraft, jointly developed and manufactured by Italy, the United Kingdom, and West Germany. There are three primary Tornado variants: the Tornado IDS (interdictor/strike) fighter-bomber, the suppression of enemy air defences Tornado ECR (electronic combat/reconnaissance) and the Tornado ADV (air defence variant) interceptor aircraft. The Tornado was developed and built by Panavia Aircraft GmbH, a tri-national consortium consisting of British Aerospace (previously British Aircraft Corporation), MBB of West Germany, and Aeritalia of Italy. It first flew on 14 August 1974 and was introduced into service in 1979–1980. Due to its multirole design, it was able to replace several different fleets of aircraft in the adopting air forces. The Royal Saudi Air Force (RSAF) became the only export operator of the Tornado in addition to the three original partner nations. A tri-nation training and evaluation unit operating from RAF Cottesmore, the Tri-National Tornado Training Establishment, maintained a level of international co-operation beyond the production stage.

The Tornado was operated by the Royal Air Force (RAF), Italian Air Force, and RSAF during the Gulf War of 1991, in which the Tornado conducted many low-altitude penetrating strike missions. The Tornados of various services were also used in conflicts in the former Yugoslavia during the Bosnian War and Kosovo War, the Iraq War, Libya during the Libyan civil war, as well as smaller roles in Afghanistan, Yemen, and Syria. Including all variants, 992 aircraft were built.

61YUiTR7XsL._SX679_.jpg.e16b80b07528d14fb3a5bc523476d5e0.jpg

38659114145_8acd0d5d24_b.thumb.jpg.301730ad41120a0698e3c6c3d6ff5338.jpg

1577823-large.thumb.jpg.78126e07b0494f29b9cdc08da5403025.jpg

Edited by dave-uk
  • Like 1

Utrinque Paratus

I7-9700K OCTA-CORE 3.6 GHZ / 4.8 GHZ

RAM 32 GB DDR4 (3000 MHZ)

NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 2070 SUPER - 8 GB GDDR6

STORAGE - 2TB SSD - 6 TB SATA

I think the stage is becoming 'set' for the Tornado, swing wing, multi crew, ag radar and a host of weapons. I grew up next to Cottesmore during the cold war and used to see them scream over our treetops regularly. Also, the much maligned ADV variant would do well in multiplayer, engines built for low level performance and swing wing i think will do quite well on the servers.

Thanks for moving my post to the correct section.

Famously Tornado pilot John Peters and his navigator John Nichol were shot down over Iraq during a bombing mission in the first Gulf War. He was interrogated, tortured and paraded on television.

The mission was Ar Rumaylah airfield. they were going in at 25ft above the ground, at 650-700mph.

Some flying,

Utrinque Paratus

I7-9700K OCTA-CORE 3.6 GHZ / 4.8 GHZ

RAM 32 GB DDR4 (3000 MHZ)

NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 2070 SUPER - 8 GB GDDR6

STORAGE - 2TB SSD - 6 TB SATA

There have been quite a few threads throughout several sub-forums. There definitely is a demand for a Tornado module!

sorry i correct you not some treads but more than a dozen thread many simmers especially the european ones continue to send threads on the Tornado, and unlike the american simmers the european are not satisfied.

the TORNADO has a very, very high priority and nobody gives an answer on its development.

If my memory serves well, I believe that three developers have mentioned interest in doing a Tornado...

BUT....

... the big problem is lack of detailed solid information/data to actually make such a module with any realism. The info is just not much in the public sphere, it's tough to get anything, and far from enough to make a module. Maybe the data situation may change in future, but for now it's an idea that many like but can't move forward on.

At least that's my understanding. Getting enough data to do DCS level modules is tough in every case, but some of them it doesn't seem to be available at all. After that, you need permissions, usually licencing and such. Lot's of hoops to jump through before you can even really get going on investing the money to fully develop an idea into a module.

I got the Harrier, it needs polish but I really want the Tornado to be totally happy. Finger crossed.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I go by 'Gryphon' on MP. Intel Core i7 9700K OC 5GB. 32GB DDR4 4300Mhz Crucial RGB Ballistix OC. Corsair Hydro Series H100. ASUS ROG STRIX Z390-F. EVGA NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070 8GB OC. * 2 Samsung 970 EVO PLUS 500GB. Seagate 1TB 3.5" SATA3 FireCuda SSHD. TMaster T.16000m FCS HOTAS. Track IR.

Please all countries that have a tornado can I send detailed information about this aircraft to DCS?

one of you who did the tornado pilot maybe if you can give us some more information.

Is it possible that I on the deep weeb can find declassified information on UFOs and you cannot find information on a TORNADO?

Even though I am not interested in the Tornado I have been noticing that it has been one of the most highly requested jets for DCS. There have been countless threads created requesting it. The only other aircraft that I can think of that people have cried about that much has been the F-16. So if the interest is defiantly there to show DCS it would be profitable the only thing holding back a developer would be getting all of the necessary permits and data. I do agree that there needs to be more European aircraft. But I also understand that it all depends on certain factors that will determine the likelihood of development. Which means it could be anything else that gets a green light first. So if something like a Blackburn Buccaneer becomes more feasible to do than a Tornado then you all are just going to have to be grateful that it was even done.

Italy and Germany, Saudi Arabia continue to use the tornado in 2020.

England no longer uses the tornado, so is it the only country that could give us more detailed information on this plane if some British pilot could please give us detailed information on this plane?

at least that we have to wait for Saudi Arabia to use the tornado until 2020 so it's the last year and then we could have more information from the Arab emirates.

ITALY and GERMANY still maintain the tornado with limited information but I believe that 1 or 2 more years when the tornado will be replaced by the F-35 maybe we would have more information.

Italy and Germany, Saudi Arabia continue to use the tornado in 2020.

England no longer uses the tornado, so is it the only country that could give us more detailed information on this plane if some British pilot could please give us detailed information on this plane?

at least that we have to wait for Saudi Arabia to use the tornado until 2020 so it's the last year and then we could have more information from the Arab emirates.

ITALY and GERMANY still maintain the tornado with limited information but I believe that 1 or 2 more years when the tornado will be replaced by the F-35 maybe we would have more information.

It will probably stay in service with Germany well into the 2030s. Germany just started the process to find a replacement.

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

I did a search but found no reference, so if it been mentioned before forgive me.

That's very suprising, given the sheer endless amount of threads with people asking for a Tornado... ;)

Have any of the very talented people thought about making a Tornado aircraft?

I'll just quote myself from one of those other threads to answer your question:

Well, there have been many claims of Tornado projects by various 3rd parties:

The first ones were VEAO, who said they would be interested into making the Tornado GR.1 after the Eurofighter, but they also said they have no concrete plans yet. That was between 2012 and 2016, before VEAO ceased to exist.

Polychop Simulations announced in 2015 that they are in negotiations with the Panavia Aircraft GmbH, the company (a subsidary of others) that develeoped and produced the Tornado. Haven't heard anything about it since then.

Then there's RAZBAM who claimed that they're already working on a Tornado for DCS and have even showed an early 3D-mesh in 2016, but I haven't heard much more about it either.

My highest hopes are actually with Heatblur, because they said they're working on a new jet, that will make good use of their own tech, which is:

- JESTER AI for multicrew jets (Tomcat)

- A-G mapping radar (Viggen)

- Thrust reverse (Viggen)

- Variable sweep wing (Tomcat)

All this applies to the Tornado as well, and the Tornado is one of the most named candidates in the speculation thread for Heatblurs next aircraft.

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

Tornado3 small.jpg

That's very suprising, given the sheer endless amount of threads with people asking for a Tornado... ;)

The best way I have found to search through all of these forms is by using google. As long as you include DCS in the search it should bring up several matches in these forms.

The best way I have found to search through all of these forms is by using google. As long as you include DCS in the search it should bring up several matches in these forms.

Why google? :huh:

There's an integrated search function on the forums here. If you use it to search for "tornado" and tell it to "Search titles only" you get a great result of all the threads that exist here on the Tornado.

Edited by QuiGon

Tornado3 small.jpg

While I'm not thrilled with more gen4blufor if we're going to get more of it I'd prefer it be something interesting(IMHO) like the Tornado instead of say the F-15. The scuttlebut I've heard though is that various devs want to do it but getting the permission on this particular aircraft is extremely difficult for some reason. But in a recent youtube interview with polychop by the grim reapers it sounds like polychop still hopes to. I forget exactly how they worded it and they were very careful to not say it was going to happen, but they implied the idea wasn't dead yet.

Why google? :huh:

There's an integrated search function on the forums here. If you use it to search for "tornado" and tell it to "Search titles only" you get a great result of all the threads that exist here on the Tornado.

That was my first logical search option in the past but unfortunately it did not produce the results that I was looking for. But now after searching with the "Search titles only" I got the desired results. But it was still a bit tricky. They need to default it to search by titles only because that might be the root cause of why we are still seeing new threads created like this one from time to time of people stating that they tried to search before.

@Xilon_x

I hope you are aware of forum rule 1.16:

1.16 Posting of images, file links, file sharing links, and copying and pasting information is prohibited if the source document is from a classified or ITAR controlled source.

When posting aircraft, sensor or weapon information more recent than 1980, you must also include the source of the document showing that it is 100% public and verified as not from a classified or non-ITAR controlled source. To not do so will result in the removal of the message.

Posting information from a classified or ITAR-controlled source will result in the message being removed and a 20% warning and one-week suspension (dependent on warning level).

It clearly says NATO RESTRICTED on your documents...

Tornado3 small.jpg

That was my first logical search option in the past but unfortunately it did not produce the results that I was looking for. But now after searching with the "Search titles only" I got the desired results. But it was still a bit tricky. They need to default it to search by titles only because that might be the root cause of why we are still seeing new threads created like this one from time to time of people stating that they tried to search before.

I actually prefer "Search Entire Posts" for 95% of my searches. It's rather rare that I'm searching for a thread title. Usally I'm searching for comments within a thread (combined with the option "Show Results as Posts").

So I would prefer if it would stay like it is now.

Tornado3 small.jpg

@Xilon_x

I hope you are aware of forum rule 1.16:

It clearly says NATO RESTRICTED on your documents...

if they are published on the net it means that all this is allowed and then look at the manuals you can see them only if you buy them in private so they are personal information.

if they are published on the net it means that all this is allowed and then look at the manuals you can see them only if you buy them in private so they are personal information.

Uhm, no! Lots of stuff on the internet is not allowed...

Tornado3 small.jpg