Multiplayer Maps With Combined Arms Slots - We Need them!

StormBat

Okay so last week my X55 Rhino stick died, and I was so craving to fly my F-18, Huey, Spitfire and the rest of my modules, but decided while I wait and save up for a good quality JS, I can at least get online and operate a tank or SAM and defend bases or attack objectives. That didn't happen though, because there aren't really anyone hosting maps utilizing Combined Arms, or nun that I could find anyway.

Which made me think how much of a wasted opportunity most map makers are losing when not considering player operated ground units in online game-play. Maps with more capture the Flag/base/area/building/whatever, protected by Armor, SAMs, infantry and support vehicles, or find & hunt the convoy leaving from X heading towards X, or whatever scenario you can think of.

Of course I also think that ED should just make CBND Arms Free (Unless they model high fidelity Tanks/SAMS/ Support Vehicles and Infantry as well as and with as much detail as the A-10C or Ka-50 for example) I think this would add so much to this sim, along with people who just like play boots on the ground. and also bring in more realism and tactics not to mention excitement knowing that that was a real player instead of AI you just killed!

I know I would do more CMBD Arms in multi player maps if they were done right and were a big part of the mission objective. Because as much as I love to fly sometimes it's just as fun to wreak havoc on the ground too!

X570S AORUS PRO AX MOTHERBOARD, AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D 8-core Processor, GIGABYTE GEFORCE RTX 3090 TI, 64GB DDR4(Corsair Vengeance LPX), DARK ROCK PRO 4 250W TDP Heatsink, Corsair AX1600i Power Supply,  2TB SSD, Windows 10 64 Bit  VR: HP Reverb G2, VIRPIL: VPC Constellation ALPHA Prim[R], VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle, VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Base

http://www.dynamicdcs.com/#/DynamicMap?name=DDCSModernPG

there is not many servers that use CA as it is not optimized, can cause server crashes etc.

a few servers will let you use CA and fits them pretty nicely in a MP role. DDCS does a great job of it, also adding in the CAS of moving convoys with humans is different.

Intel i9-9900K 32GB DDR4, RTX 2080tiftw3, Windows 10, 1tb 970 M2, TM Warthog, 4k 144hz HDR g-sync.

As Will says, this is a server operator issue (an issue that exists for various stated reasons), but doesn't really belong in the DSC feature wishlist thread. If you reallllly want to, learn how to create your own mission/server utilising Combined Arms and help fill this perceived gap.

Де вороги, знайдуться козаки їх перемогти.

5800x3d * 3090 * 64gb * Reverb G2