Operation Snowfox - Persian Gulf PvE Playground - Page 24 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 11-18-2019, 10:17 PM   #231
Surrexen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brett Sinclair View Post
Into which folder do I install this .miz file?
I tried the "C:\Users\User\Saved Games\DCS\Missions" path to no avail ("The Round Table" runs fine from the same path).
Thanks.
That should be fine. For Snowfox you need the Persian Gulf map though, so if you don't own that map then it won't show up in your list.

Likewise Operation Jupiter requires Normandy + WW2 Assets, and Operation Secret Squirrel requires the WW2 assets pack.
Surrexen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2019, 06:10 PM   #232
Brett Sinclair

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surrexen View Post
That should be fine. For Snowfox you need the Persian Gulf map though, so if you don't own that map then it won't show up in your list.

Likewise Operation Jupiter requires Normandy + WW2 Assets, and Operation Secret Squirrel requires the WW2 assets pack.
Boy, I'm stupid! For some reason I equated the Caucasus with the Persian Gulf...
Thanks mate
Brett Sinclair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2019, 09:17 PM   #233
Surrexen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brett Sinclair View Post
Boy, I'm stupid! For some reason I equated the Caucasus with the Persian Gulf...
Thanks mate
Operation Clear Field is the Caucasus mission, go grab that and you shouldn't have any problem
Old 11-20-2019, 02:39 PM   #234
Brett Sinclair

Quote:
Operation Clear Field is the Caucasus mission, go grab that and you shouldn't have any problem
I will - thank you!
Brett Sinclair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2019, 01:28 AM   #235
Twwhitey

Hey Surrexen - I'm having an issue in this mission. The game crashes to desktop when I pickle either the GBU-31, GBU-31V(3)/B or the GBU-16. I've tested a couple other missions and I can pickle those bombs no problem so it appears it's happening in just this mission.

I was thinking it might be related to the custom scripting around the custom pickle sounds so I removed the Snowfox Deathwatch.lua script load trigger in the Mission Editor and tested again and it still crashes.

Surrexen - are there any other scripts or events you are tapping into that would occur the instant you "pickle" those weapons. I can get it to crash to desktop 100% with those bombs.

Question - is anyone else out there seeing this crash or issue with just those specific bombs?

I've repaired DCS and even reset my DCS.OpenBeta saved games folder and no dice.

Interested to know if you have any ideas or if I'm the only one experiencing an issue with those bombs?
Old 11-25-2019, 02:09 AM   #236
Surrexen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twwhitey View Post
Hey Surrexen - I'm having an issue in this mission. The game crashes to desktop when I pickle either the GBU-31, GBU-31V(3)/B or the GBU-16. I've tested a couple other missions and I can pickle those bombs no problem so it appears it's happening in just this mission.

I was thinking it might be related to the custom scripting around the custom pickle sounds so I removed the Snowfox Deathwatch.lua script load trigger in the Mission Editor and tested again and it still crashes.

Surrexen - are there any other scripts or events you are tapping into that would occur the instant you "pickle" those weapons. I can get it to crash to desktop 100% with those bombs.

Question - is anyone else out there seeing this crash or issue with just those specific bombs?

I've repaired DCS and even reset my DCS.OpenBeta saved games folder and no dice.

Interested to know if you have any ideas or if I'm the only one experiencing an issue with those bombs?
Which plane are you dropping them from and I'll go test it out, haven't used a GBU-31 for a while, last time out I used GBU-12's no problem though.
Old 11-25-2019, 02:40 AM   #237
Twwhitey

Quote:
Which plane are you dropping them from and I'll go test it out, haven't used a GBU-31 for a while, last time out I used GBU-12's no problem though.
F/A-18... it appears to only crash with 2000lbs bombs the GBU-31s (both variants using TOO node), and GBU-16...
Old 11-25-2019, 02:43 AM   #238
Surrexen

Quote:
F/A-18... it appears to only crash with 2000lbs bombs the GBU-31s (both variants using TOO node), and GBU-16...
Just tested GBU-31 from Hornet in PP mode and wiped out the Qeshm Island drone control tower ... looks good on this end. If you took out the deathwatch.lua script and it is still crashing it isn't the mission causing it. Must be something else.

Edit: Might be related to this possibly .. https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=254535 ... only guessing though. Maybe try launching in PP mode and see what happens.

Last edited by Surrexen; 11-25-2019 at 02:53 AM.
Old 11-25-2019, 03:26 AM   #239
Twwhitey

Interesting ok thanks for trying. I’ll try PP mode the. I’m going to re-download your mission.. perhaps something is corrupted.
Old 11-25-2019, 03:30 AM   #240
Surrexen

Quote:
Interesting ok thanks for trying. I’ll try PP mode the. I’m going to re-download your mission.. perhaps something is corrupted.
No worries, let me know how you go. I'll test TOO mode a little bit later as well.

Edit: Works fine for me in TOO mode as well. Maybe try doing a repair and give it another go.

Last edited by Surrexen; 11-25-2019 at 05:42 AM.