Game will not launch from steam - ED Forums

Notices

Old 09-07-2018, 08:28 PM   #1
Drubeard

Default Game will not launch from steam

I have tried everything, verifying the integrity of the cache, unistalling, deleting all folders, reinstalling, installing on different drives, GPU is updated, have reinstalled steam, reverted to all availible beta's, and the game will still not launch, clicking play game will result in steam displaying it as "Running" for about 4 seconds,but no window will open at all, then it will act as if never opened on Steam.

Any solutions?
Drubeard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2018, 08:01 PM   #2
Puma12

I have the same issue....
Puma12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2018, 04:53 AM   #3
NRG-Vampire
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drubeard View Post
I have tried everything, verifying the integrity of the cache, unistalling, deleting all folders, reinstalling, installing on different drives, GPU is updated, have reinstalled steam, reverted to all availible beta's, and the game will still not launch, clicking play game will result in steam displaying it as "Running" for about 4 seconds,but no window will open at all, then it will act as if never opened on Steam.

Any solutions?
same here
dcs world 2.5.3. OB start screen appears for 2 seconds (700 MB loading approx) and quit
in the saved games folder it use DCS folder but no error report in the log file, no crash file
(earlier 2.5.0. OB-Steam worked well, current non-steam-OB 2.5.3. runs well)

Last edited by NRG-Vampire; 09-28-2018 at 04:57 AM.
NRG-Vampire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2018, 04:58 PM   #4
NRG-Vampire
Veteran

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drubeard View Post

Any solutions?
▲ any idea why the steam version does not start ?
Old 09-30-2018, 05:07 PM   #5
K1eaner

At the cost of sounding like a smartass. I would request you guys download the store version of the game and play from there instead.
K1eaner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2019, 11:39 PM   #6
jopasaps

You must uninstall any mods.
jopasaps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2019, 04:12 PM   #7
NRG-Vampire
Veteran

Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by jopasaps View Post
You must uninstall any mods.
I have no mods in my DCS-Steam, and i had no mods in my first DCS-Steam version (2.5.0) as well what worked perfectly.

So what i see the problem is Steam does not generate (re-generate) all required files in the Saved Games folder.
I just updated today to the latest Steam-DCS-openbeta (2.5.5.34864) and the used Saved Games/DCS folder still deficient. (there are the latest log file with the today-update date and time but no fxo, metashader and config files)

Unfortunately Steam-DCS-openbeta uses the same "Saved Games/DCS" folder as the ED-DCS-nonbeta version, maybe that caused the problem earlier.

Anyway, someone please send me a copy of your current 2.5.5.34864-OB "Saved Games/DCS-Steam" folder. (AMD GFX card: no addon modules - only the vanilla Steam modules: Caucasus+Su-25T+TF-51D)

Please gimme a try, a chance to fix my DCS-Steam.
TY