VULCAN FORGE - A Realistic 10 Mission AV-8B Campaign on NTTR - ED Forums

Notices

Old 01-29-2018, 11:58 AM   #1
Sedlo

Thumbs up VULCAN FORGE - A Realistic 10 Mission AV-8B Campaign on NTTR

VULCAN FORGE - A Realistic 10 Mission AV-8B Campaign on NTTR

This is a 10 mission AV-8B campaign on the NTTR Map. It models a fictional scenario in the war against ISIS / DAESH in northern Iraq in 2017 and features a ton of custom scripts, voice overs , scenarios and mission briefings to present a very realistic combat experience! This campaign will test your skills in all aspects of AV-8B Harrier operations, from A2A and A2G and almost everything in between.

DOWNLOAD LINK: https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.c...files/3134805/

Unzip this file into: C:\Users\*yourname*\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\Missions\Campaigns\en

Scene Northern Iraq 2017

Operation VULCAN FORGE kicked off yesterday when the US Marine Expeditionary Unit landed at Creech. VMA-231 squadron is getting its feet on the ground and a feel for the area. The plan is to push north over the next weeks and push ISIS out of Northern Iraq and Kurdistan. The Marines will be working with the Iraqi Army, Air Force and National Police to retake the land. CIA / JSOC units will link up with Pesh Merga forces in the north to wage guerrilla warfare in order to degrade ISIS capabilities. The Marine air component's mission is to support the ground forces in this undertaking.

Aiding us in this endeavour will be a small but effective component of Canada’s JTF2, who will be patrolling the AOR, setting up ambushes and connecting with friendly militia forces. We look forward to working with this elite group of Special Forces, and await eagerly the arrival of 6 F/A-18s to complement our ground attack and CAS aircraft.

Political considerations have precluding the US Air Force from basing in the forward area we will be working in. The White House does not want to inflame relations with the Russians, and have agreed not to base any cutting edge fighters or bombers up in the Northern part of the country. We will be out here alone for the foreseeable future.

The squadron is still in the process of getting set up in the AOR, and our supply and security situation is still in shambles. We have a large assortment of bombs and rockets, but the fancier munitions are still on the way over from Kuwait and the UAE. Our first missions will be lacking in PGMs and Mavericks, but we’re Marines – we will make do!

ISIS controlled Syria is R4808A and areas to the north and East. We are to stay clear of Syrian territory unless directed by command to cross. Be aware of your surroundings, and do not fly into Syrian airspace, as the Russians and Syrians may engage you if you this airspace!

Keep your head up, be flexible, be lethal and the best you can be!

CAMPAIGN BUILDING NOTES
  1. I hope you enjoy flying this campaign... I literally worked countless weeks/months on it, and do appreciate feedback! (if it's negative, be nice ). Please don't modify the missions or campaign in any way.
  2. Most Air Traffic Control and special mission radio communications in this campaign are initiated via the Radio Menu / F10 option. Be aware that this is not the standard way of communicating in the regular game.
  3. While the AV-8B is still in "Early Access" mode, simple communications are all that's available. I've found that this means you have to "Activate" your wingman via the Radio Menu / F1 / F10 (check in) option at the beginning of each mission.
  4. It's important to fly to your assigned waypoints as directed in order for some of the scripting to work. That is, unless you've been instructed to do something else instead! ;-)
  5. All take offs and landings are to be on and from the runways, unless instructed otherwise. While the Harrier is still in early access, the nozzle rotation angles and speeds are kind of guesstimated. I use the short takeoff method for all my takeoffs in the game, which is to set the stops at 60 degrees and rotate the nozzles at 100KIAS. Works for me, it'll work for you!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	vf campaign patch.png
Views:	521
Size:	375.0 KB
ID:	176948   Click image for larger version

Name:	MIS 10 PHOTO1.jpg
Views:	627
Size:	985.0 KB
ID:	176949   Click image for larger version

Name:	MISSION 5 SCENE 2.jpg
Views:	706
Size:	180.7 KB
ID:	176950  

Last edited by Sedlo; 02-15-2018 at 02:31 AM.
Sedlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2018, 08:57 PM   #2
feefifofum
3rd Party Developer

Thanks! I'll check this out ASAP!
Will I break your stuff if I change the 2nd slot to a client A/C or add a second group?
feefifofum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2018, 09:15 PM   #3
Sedlo

Likely. Most triggers and scripts are unit specific. I'm going to be doing up a multiplayer version in the coming weeks, stay tuned.
Old 01-29-2018, 10:45 PM   #4
rick66

Fantastic, love your missions....
rick66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2018, 02:08 AM   #5
Sedlo

Thanks! I hope you like the campaign!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rick66 View Post
Fantastic, love your missions....
Old 02-02-2018, 02:53 AM   #6
Zeroskills

I have been enjoying your missions, thanks for making them. If you added a couple of more missions and with some polish and some voice acting it would be a good candidate for being paid DLC.
Zeroskills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2018, 02:49 PM   #7
gabuzomeu

Default Bug in 2.5

Thank you for the campaign, very enjoyable!
I went through mission 2 and encountered a glitch :
Two harriers static in the sky above CREECH in mission 2 when returning.
Quite Bizarre...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen_180211_153737.jpg
Views:	613
Size:	537.8 KB
ID:	178805  
Win 10 Home
gabuzomeu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2018, 03:11 PM   #8
Sedlo

Odd, I'll check that out. I'm currently on a week vacation but will check it out when I'm home.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gabuzomeu View Post
Thank you for the campaign, very enjoyable!
I went through mission 2 and encountered a glitch :
Two harriers static in the sky above CREECH in mission 2 when returning.
Quite Bizarre...
Old 02-12-2018, 03:22 PM   #9
mr_mojo97

I can’t get this campaign to show up in 2.5. I’ve tried the folder in saved games and in the actual DCs mission directory. Am i missing something somewhere?
MSI M5 z270 | Intel i5 7600k (OC) 4.8GHz | MSI GTX1080ti Gaming X 11Gb | 500gb Samsung 970 Evo NVME M.2 (DCS World) | 500gb Samsung 850 Evo SSD (OS and Apps) | 32Gb 2400MHz DDR4 - Crucial Ballistix | Be Quiet Silent Loop 240mm | NZXT H440 case |

Thrustmaster Warthog - 47608 with Virpil Mongoose joystick base | MFG Crosswinds - 1241 | Westland Lynx collective with Bodnar X board | JetSeat | Oculus Rift S | Windows 10 | VA |
mr_mojo97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2018, 12:36 AM   #10
rick66

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr_mojo97 View Post
I can’t get this campaign to show up in 2.5. I’ve tried the folder in saved games and in the actual DCs mission directory. Am i missing something somewhere?
I had the same problem and placed it here....(ignore my drive)

D:\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\Missions\Campaigns\en

Works a treat now...
i7 8086K(Delidded@5.2),ASUS ROG Maximus X Formula Z370,Gigabyte AORUS GeForce GTX 1080 Ti Waterforce WB Xtreme Edition, 32GB DDR4,860 Pro SSD x2,970 Pro M.2, 840 Evo, Asus ROG PG278Q G-Sync.. Rift Shttps://imgur.com/a/TRIm7nL
rick66 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
av-8b, campaign, harrier, nttr, single player