Bloodhound LSR 0-628mph in 50 seconds

Knock-Knock

I could swear I saw a Viggen pass underneath it :)

- Jack of many DCS modules, master of none.

- Personal wishlist: F-15A, F-4S Phantom II, JAS 39A Gripen, SAAB 35 Draken, F-104 Starfighter, Panavia Tornado IDS.

| Windows 11 | i5-12400 | 64Gb DDR4 | RTX 3080 | 2x M.2 | 27" 1440p | Rift CV1 | Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS | MFG Crosswind pedals |

Nice, look like a helluva ride!

Spoiler:

MSI Z790 Carbon WIFI, i9 14900KF, 64GB DDR4, MSI RTX 4090, Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle, VKB Gunfighter Ultimate MCG Pro w/200mm Extension, Winwing Orion Rudder Pedals W/damper, UTC MK II Pro, Virpil TCS Plus Collective, Dell AW3418DW Gsync monitor, 970 Pro M2 1TB (for DCS), Playseat Air Force Seat, KW-980 Jetseat, Vaicom Pro, 3X TM Cougar with Lilliput 8" screens. Tek Creations panels and controllers.

To go fast?

If we didn’t have people wanting to push the boundaries we wouldn’t have had the Wright brothers. Sir Harry Sopwith. Alcock and Brown. Sir Frank Whittle etc

Yeah, but truly what's the point in go so fast on ground if you can't do it but in a massive salt lake? There's no road you can do that, not even half that speed safely and for a long time. "Because it's hard", and I add to that, "because I have the money and don't know how to better expend it", but I don't think that has a real application for daily use. Who knows though.

S!

"I went into the British Army believing that if you want peace you must prepare for war. I believe now that if you prepare for war, you get war."

-- Major-General Frederick B. Maurice

its all about getting the kids interested in science.

its something science teachers can use.

and kids love it.

why engineering firms sponsor it.

they need the next generation of engineers.

My Rig: AM5 7950X, 32GB DDR5 6000, M2 SSD, EVGA 1080 Superclocked, Warthog Throttle and Stick, MFG Crosswinds, Oculus Rift.

Plus low altitude aerodynamics may be of use for things like even faster trains (maglev?) that run very low to the ground. Rocket/jet hybrids that can be throttle up and down. How to make aluminium wheels that spin at 70000rpm. Materials science. Lots of benefits.

Plus low altitude aerodynamics may be of use for things like even faster trains (maglev?) that run very low to the ground. Rocket/jet hybrids that can be throttle up and down. How to make aluminium wheels that spin at 70000rpm. Materials science. Lots of benefits.

The first few answers just emphasised it's pointlessness, we've been going fast for decades (protip it works better in the air). I will concede a potential use in high speed trains or similar applications *looks at video* but I kinda doubt they're doing anything that productive in this case.

Де вороги, знайдуться козаки їх перемогти.

5800x3d * 3090 * 64gb * Reverb G2