A Tracer Static Effect! - Page 2 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 11-19-2019, 01:15 PM   #11
sirrah

OP idea could also be achieved by adding an infinate ammo option to the ME (as well as a barrage fire option for AAA units)
System specs: Core i7-8700k - GTX 1080ti - Z370 - 16gb DDR4 - Oculus Rift cv1 - Saitek Pro pedals - TM Warthog HOTAS - TM Cougar HOTAS (NN-Dan mod) - Pointctrl <-- must have for VR users!! - Fully adjustable DIY playseat
sirrah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2019, 01:30 PM   #12
Kid18120

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirrah View Post
OP idea could also be achieved by adding an infinate ammo option to the ME (as well as a barrage fire option for AAA units)
That would require actual units being put in the mission along with the more resources being used for the whole scenario.
A simple effect like i.e. ArmA3's "tracers module" that allows you to put an entity (not rendered) somewhere and it will make an area of effect / textures only barrage of tracers randomly firing around. Place it far enough and you get that alive battlefield feeling without "wasting" computing power for it

Simming since 2005
My Rig: Gigabyte X470 Aorus Ultra Gaming, AMD Ryzen7 2700X, G.Skill RipJaws 32GB DDR4-3200, EVGA GTX1070 FTW, Corsair HX850
Kid18120 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2019, 05:19 PM   #13
sirrah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kid18120 View Post
That would require actual units being put in the mission along with the more resources being used for the whole scenario.
A simple effect like i.e. ArmA3's "tracers module" that allows you to put an entity (not rendered) somewhere and it will make an area of effect / textures only barrage of tracers randomly firing around. Place it far enough and you get that alive battlefield feeling without "wasting" computing power for it
I understand, but as mentioned earlier, it'd massively break immersion once you get too close. But hey, let's do both
System specs: Core i7-8700k - GTX 1080ti - Z370 - 16gb DDR4 - Oculus Rift cv1 - Saitek Pro pedals - TM Warthog HOTAS - TM Cougar HOTAS (NN-Dan mod) - Pointctrl <-- must have for VR users!! - Fully adjustable DIY playseat
sirrah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2019, 12:29 PM   #14
Kid18120

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirrah View Post
I understand, but as mentioned earlier, it'd massively break immersion once you get too close. But hey, let's do both
[OT] In ArmA3 i usually put the tracers module along with some actual AI AAA tanks and use a little trigger magic sauce to disable the module and activate the units once you get close enough
[/OT]

Simming since 2005
My Rig: Gigabyte X470 Aorus Ultra Gaming, AMD Ryzen7 2700X, G.Skill RipJaws 32GB DDR4-3200, EVGA GTX1070 FTW, Corsair HX850
Kid18120 is online now   Reply With Quote