Damage Model & Random Failures - Page 3 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 11-12-2019, 07:54 PM   #21
Vibora
ED Testers Team

You are also doing a great job testing and working with failures, congrats to you also

Vibora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2019, 08:23 PM   #22
Vibora
ED Testers Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudel_chw View Post
Curiously, the COMPUTER lamp on the warning panel does not lit during this emergency.
In fact it is a FCU ( Fuel Control Unit) failure, we'll probably change its name and rework it a bit.

Old 11-12-2019, 11:37 PM   #23
Rudel_chw
Veteran

Quote:
I will now edit and share a simple Mission, for those that would like to try out Emergency Procedures ... in fact, I'm thinking on two versions: One were the user request the failure trough the F10 Menu, and another where the failure happens randomly and thus the Pilot has first to determine what is actually the system that failed
Here I'm testing a first version of these Missions, this is the Failure list that I want to use as a starting point:

... and a video of a test flight:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vibora View Post
In fact it is a FCU ( Fuel Control Unit) failure, we'll probably change its name and rework it a bit.
On the real aircraft the warning light says "COMPUT." .. so, I prefer to keep as is .. it's more authentic

Cheers.

Eduardo
Rudel_chw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2019, 08:42 AM   #24
Vibora
ED Testers Team

Quote:
On the real aircraft the warning light says "COMPUT." .. so, I prefer to keep as is .. it's more authentic
There are two different failures, FCU, which means you'll have to use the emergency fuel system (back-up), and computer failure, which activates the COMPUTER warning and means you'll have to use manual mode in case you can't recover it by resetting the engine computer switch (which is the case we are simulating right now).

Old 11-14-2019, 11:39 AM   #25
Rudel_chw
Veteran

Quote:
I'm testing a first version of these Missions, this is the Failure list that I want to use as a starting point:

Hello,

Well, thanks to the input of @gulredrel, I learned that the F10 custom menu can't hold more than 10 items, so I had to look for an alternative approach. I know that the Moose scripting framework has a component for creating nested menus, but I'm still very poor at scripting, so yesterday I devised a scripting approach:

The first time I call up the F10 menu, it will give me this "Failure Categories" Menu:

And then, I bring up the F10 menu again, and I will have instead the Failures within that Category, this is the Engine category:

this is the Instruments category:

So, on this mission I get to practice any emergency ... now I will edit a second version of the mission, where the failure is random and I'm not told which specific failure it is (until the end of the mission, when I intend to reveal what it was).

Playing with these emergencies has been a blast, even if sometimes I'm not able to make it to base:

Thanks again to the developers' for a joy of a plane .. cant wait to see their Mirage F-1

Eduardo
Old 11-15-2019, 12:32 AM   #26
Xoho

I had a similar experience to the OP. Took a single hit from a BTR-80, noticed my oil pressure warning come on, followed by the same warnings and consequences later on. Very cool. One thing I noticed was that despite my oil pressure dropping to 10PSI, my oil temperature remained at 60-70 degrees Celsius until the engine failed and temperatures dropped. Is that intended?

Also, the day before I was flying on a multiplayer server (F99 S2) and took a hit from an AIM-9P-5. I lost both horizontal stabilizers, the ends of both wings, and most of my vertical stabilizer. I had no control surfaces, yet I had full pitch control and saw no change in flight characteristics in terms of lift. I had no yaw or roll control, but the aircraft essentially froze in those aspects so by maintaining throttle and pitch I was able to maintain airspeed and altitude perfectly fine. I've had this happen several times in the past and was wondering if it was being tracked/worked on. I checked your stickied thread on currently tracked bugs, but it seems as though the list has been removed. Thanks!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen_191111_181823.jpg
Views:	44
Size:	430.1 KB
ID:	221160  
Xoho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2019, 11:53 AM   #27
Vibora
ED Testers Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xoho View Post
One thing I noticed was that despite my oil pressure dropping to 10PSI, my oil temperature remained at 60-70 degrees Celsius until the engine failed and temperatures dropped. Is that intended?
In fact oil temperature increases when oil pressure drops. If you test it again carefully you will notice it. We don't simulate full pressure drop but very low oil pressure. The engine will quit or last longer depending on how you manage it.

Old 11-20-2019, 02:34 PM   #28
Rudel_chw
Veteran

Hello,

Just wanted to share a couple of Missions that I edited while learning to handle C-101 emergencies

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.c...files/3307050/

On the aircraft's kneeboard is a summary of the Emergency Procedures, tough probably they are not not perfect yet and there are some emergencies not covered

For people that prefers to have them on a Tablet rather than the small kneeboard, here you can download them in PDF format:

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.c...files/3307058/

Best regards,

Eduardo
Old 11-20-2019, 03:44 PM   #29
canned_fire

Hello Eduardo,
Thanks for these. I really like the C-101 regarding emergencies, sometimes I use the DCS failures window. I will try your missions but I would like to suggest something. M02 (random failures) only produces “serious failures”, why not have a mission (M03) with random failures but for all the 69 failures? For example: random ILS failure.

Again thanks very much.

Regards,
canned_fire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2019, 10:35 PM   #30
Rudel_chw
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by canned_fire View Post
I will try your missions but I would like to suggest something. M02 (random failures) only produces “serious failures”, why not have a mission (M03) with random failures but for all the 69 failures? For example: random ILS failure.
Hi, my logic was that for a 30 minute flight I was interested only on "exciting" failures, I figured that there is no point on spending so much time only to encounter a (for example) rudder trim failure

However, if one wants to try one of the less serious failures, the M01 will provide it and allow you to experience the failure on much less time.

Cheers.