F-16 A, B, C, MLU

Frank00

Submerging an engine with fuel during the start doesn't sound very interesting :D

I bet that exceeded the TIT, didn't it? :)

That is not fuel burning and we can't read tit in the pit. This engine does not use TIT AFAIK. Normal pickle engine start, no damage.

Edited by mvsgas

To whom it may concern,

I am an idiot, unfortunately for the world, I have a internet connection and a fondness for beer....apologies for that.

Thank you for you patience.

Many people don't want the truth, they want constant reassurance that whatever misconception/fallacies they believe in are true..

On this one the fuel is burning and was probably and anticipated hot start.

To whom it may concern,

I am an idiot, unfortunately for the world, I have a internet connection and a fondness for beer....apologies for that.

Many people don't want the truth, they want constant reassurance that whatever misconception/fallacies they believe in are true..

Notice how much the camera vibrates when the AB comes on, that is how your chest feels.

To whom it may concern,

What's burning off in the pickled engine run, protectant coatings? Not familiar.

oil used to preserve the engine during shipping or storage.

To whom it may concern,

Lots of fuel but delayed ignition?

Not sure

To whom it may concern,

Lots of fuel but delayed ignition?

Either an engine hotstart, or an engine that's been preserved. There's quite a bit of white smoke after the flames die down, so I'm guessing that's unburnt oil. Saw the smokeshow after we did an engine-swap on a Norwegian Viper back when I served, but we never had the massive fireball. Just a LOT of white smoke until the engine stabilized at idle.

Regards

Fjordmonkey

Clustermunitions is just another way of saying that you don't like someone.

I used to like people, then people ruined that for me.

_s2G_EQhSnk

To whom it may concern,

83-1183 form Tucson ANG. A block 25 F-16D

2RVIVgw6Vm0

At 2:39 you can hear the JFS come online. You can see the engine reaching max motoring RPM at about 2:57. Notice how the pilot leaves there until around 4:25. This is something unique to the USAF/ANG F-16 powered by PW-220. AFAIK this is not done on the F-15. Fairly new procedure, start seeing it around 2009 or so. IIRC, it is to allow the bleed strap time to close. I can't remember the reason why that was important...trying to remember what the bleed strap did. I wish he had the camera lower so you guys can see how quickly the FTIT can raise.

Normal if dry motoring for new motors, servicing checks, or clearing a tail pipe fire...otherwise not normal on the -15 side.

Our JFSs weren’t worth a sh*t as is, why do you think we’d want to run them any longer than you had to?!? :P

Normal if dry motoring for new motors, servicing checks, or clearing a tail pipe fire...otherwise not normal on the -15 side.

Our JFSs weren’t worth a sh*t as is, why do you think we’d want to run them any longer than you had to?!? :P

Is a PW thing because, PW is horrible. Our JFS used to be bad, we had to change them every 500 starts. Now I think their up to 1700 starts or more before you change them. That and the new DESSC makes the whole system better.

To whom it may concern,

Is a PW thing because, PW is horrible. Our JFS used to be bad, we had to change them every 500 starts. Now I think their up to 1700 starts or more before you change them. That and the new DESSC makes the whole system better.

At least you got 500 starts out of them. :lol:

It's definitely a sec power issue, more so CGB than JFS more than likely. Hydraulic clutches, sheared pawl shafts/carriers, etc. They should have had an APU from the start...

Do you guys work on the CGB or is it crew chiefs?

To whom it may concern,

Do you guys work on the CGB or is it crew chiefs?

Was tiny-T's (turbines)...which was a small batch of props dudes. Not sure if it's still that way or if they just direct NRTS. CC's could change the pawl shaft and AMAD side carrier at one time. I think the shaft side became a "why bother" though and just slap a new one in.

QhN9LmeuUFw

To whom it may concern,

• 2 weeks later...

To whom it may concern,

To whom it may concern,

To whom it may concern,

To whom it may concern,

5XkOZccOnSc

At 1:32, you can see what the Manual Pitch Override (MPO) does, it allows the horizontal stabs to travel all the way down.

To whom it may concern,

F110-GE-129

u_NwpkLJ3j4

To whom it may concern,

Those real life "scratches" on Real life canopies are so unrealistic

To whom it may concern,

To whom it may concern,