Quote:
Originally Posted by SkateZilla View Post
Clear Hockey Tape
thanks
borntofly_zhang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014, 05:34 PM   #22
borntofly_zhang

Send a message via MSN to borntofly_zhang

thanks Hellfire257 and Crunch for the pointing-out, the heating issues are very important, cause radiating of most monitors are just on the top
Old 05-09-2014, 05:36 PM   #23
borntofly_zhang

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkateZilla View Post
I taped my to the top of my monitor by taping the legs to the frame,

I tried taping it to the wall behind the monitor to allow more movement tracking.

I need to re-arrange my setup due to sunlight.
I just changed my desk direction last week,just because of the sunlight
Old 05-09-2014, 05:49 PM   #24
borntofly_zhang

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShuRugal View Post
I just use the included stand, I have yet to encounter an object i can't get it to stay on.

on the go solution:

aaand at my desk:
Oh my gosh! I believe you'v just solved all my trouble.The rear leg of the stand---that's the point. I never notice that rear part can be rotated since I bought the TIR couple of months ago. How careless I am! Thanks buddy! I'm loving this forum and DCS!
Old 05-09-2014, 06:00 PM   #25
borntofly_zhang

Quote:
Originally Posted by zaelu View Post
here are the pictures made then (with a potato ) when I get home I'll take some with something better with the final work if these are not "explanatory enough"
thanks Zaelu for the photos! I think it's explanatory enough! It's a gread job!
Old 05-10-2014, 11:18 PM   #26
Elphaba

Anyone know how to make it stick to the new 2014 slim iMac 27" without an ugly glob of blu-tack?
Elphaba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2014, 06:37 AM   #27
JazAero

Quote:
Originally Posted by borntofly_zhang View Post
it may be not a big problem, but the newest monitors are more and more thinner than before, especally for the broader stand of the Track IR.The problem is, how do you gays fix your Track IR to your monitor, is there any other attachments made by yourself for better fixation of the Track IR.

In addition to the fixation, it's also useful to adjust the place of the Track IR camera.

I'm not an engineer, so I'm using a machtbox and tape

Is there any better solution?
okay some interesting ideas posted here, my solution was rather unique because I broke my stand. So I use a dab of hot glue and an old security camera ball joint mount. Couple of high-strength magnets so it is removable and problem solved...! now I have it mounted on its own arm telescoping from a camera tripod which actually sits on my desk behind the monitors, which I can then reposition anywhere within Eye shot and completely free of the monitor. I will try to get a picture of it and post additionally, I will have the old-style IR reflectors and instead of using the the bill of a baseball cap. I clip it onto the headband of my headphones.
JazAero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2014, 02:15 PM   #28
borntofly_zhang

Quote:
Originally Posted by JazAero View Post
okay some interesting ideas posted here, my solution was rather unique because I broke my stand. So I use a dab of hot glue and an old security camera ball joint mount. Couple of high-strength magnets so it is removable and problem solved...! now I have it mounted on its own arm telescoping from a camera tripod which actually sits on my desk behind the monitors, which I can then reposition anywhere within Eye shot and completely free of the monitor. I will try to get a picture of it and post additionally, I will have the old-style IR reflectors and instead of using the the bill of a baseball cap. I clip it onto the headband of my headphones.
it's interesting for sure and smart.But the question is,will it be low for the eye-shot if the camera is on the desk instead of on the monitor and how is the angle of the camera above the desk? I'm very glad to see how does the tripod look like.
Old 05-11-2014, 02:17 PM   #29
borntofly_zhang

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elphaba View Post
Anyone know how to make it stick to the new 2014 slim iMac 27" without an ugly glob of blu-tack?
the way JazAero doing maybe help