Input Lag

Phantom_Mark

Anyone else experiencing input lag in the F14B in stable ??

I have a delay both in the keyboard and my flight controls which I never had before ?

quarter of a second to half a second sometimes, seems to clear a little the longer the mission has been running.

If you take for example keyboard option zoom in and zoom out and zoom in and out at a steady pace like I would in any other aircraft it lags behind the input, severely sometimes, same with flight controls, feels like it is playing catch up.

If I jump into another slot and another aircraft zero issues, and zero issues besides the F14 ? :joystick:

Sorry please move to F14B thread, didn't notice that before I posted.

Edited by Phantom_Mark

I average 155fps on pretty much max settings in 1080p, peak at around 190fps - 200fps

Intel 9700k @5ghz

Gigabyte Auros Pro

64gb DDR4 3200mhz Corsair Vengence

RTX2060

And just to add once again, I don't get any lag or any other problems with any other aircraft, and previously I have had no issues with the F14 either, seems like the last update introduced this problem, running stable......

I will double check Beta tonight and see if the problem exists in that, and also also try MIN settings just to eliminate that from the list.

Strange. No drivers change? Currently beta and stable are the same version. Any mods? Try clean profile or just delete fxo and metashader folders for starters.

🖥️ Win10 i7-10700KF 32GB RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M HOTAS   ✈️ FC3, F-14A/B, F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR, PG, Syria

Just tried Beta, exactly the same problem.....will start cutting back some options to the bone and re-test, my biggest confusion is only the F14 atm (that I have detected anyway), I will try the Viggen and Harrier and all the other aircraft I have just in case as well.

Update:

Min settings the same problem, way over 190fps average, input lag comes from both the keyboard and flight controls, input lag from Keyboard to access main menu or other controls not a regular and defined amount of time, sometimes zero, flight controls however always seem half a second behind the input or thereabouts.

I have tried all the other aircraft I own and none have this problem.......one of the biggest problems is a delay in pitch and roll which causes you to get out of sync with the aircraft and easily lose control , if you roll left then right aggressively for example you can never get back in sync because of the delay, if you pitch back hard it pitches a little then dumps full pitch half a second later resulting in snapped wings or loss of control from excessive pitch.

Can someone remind me which is the control input overlay so I can make a vid to show the problem maybe ?

TIA

Edited by Phantom_Mark

I have attached a TRK here, and there is also a vid clip from the same TRK so you can actually see my stick movements compared to ingame, now I have enabled the control input overlay I can clearly see a delay 100%

When I am zooming back and forward you can see it snaps sometimes because of the lag, so full out to full in rather than a fast smooth blend between the two.

HTH........thx

lag.trk

Sorry, a little OT.

Hope did you get NZXT CAM to register DCS?

Sent from my ANE-LX1 using Tapatalk

no idea, it just works ? sorry :pilotfly:

I run it as admin, no idea if that makes a difference, the program is massively bugged, with login problems, losing your previous records etc sadly.

no idea, it just works ? sorry :pilotfly:

I run it as admin, no idea if that makes a difference, the program is massively bugged, with login problems, losing your previous records etc sadly.

Ok, I'll try.

Yeah, I know. It's very buggy.

Sent from my ANE-LX1 using Tapatalk

I remember way back when I had something similar, and it was the stick, which was an x52. the cable in the back tended to get lose, which caused "power outages" if you like, smaller ones leading to delays, bigger ones leading to frozen controls altogether. This was a known issue with the x52s though, but maybe worth taking a look at.

Gamewise I wouldn't know what could cause that. The fact that it is being reported one single time, generally points to something causing the issue on your side.

Heatblur Simulations

Please feel free to contact me anytime, either via PM here, on the forums, or via email through the contact form on our homepage.

http://www.heatblur.com/

https://www.facebook.com/heatblur/

I remember way back when I had something similar, and it was the stick, which was an x52. the cable in the back tended to get lose, which caused "power outages" if you like, smaller ones leading to delays, bigger ones leading to frozen controls altogether. This was a known issue with the x52s though, but maybe worth taking a look at.

Gamewise I wouldn't know what could cause that. The fact that it is being reported one single time, generally points to something causing the issue on your side.

Thanks for the thoughts Mike,

The thing that is confusing me is ALL of the inputs are lagged, keyboard, joysticks etc.

The next confusion is the instant I swap to another aircraft (any aircraft) there is zero problems, just the F14 with this issue, do you see at least see the problem in the vid etc I posted ?

TIA

The fact that it's only on the F-14 and not on other modules tells us it's probably a DCS/F-14 issue and not hardware.

Disable any mods if you have any installed. Then run a DCS repair and cleanup. Then rename your Saved Games/"DCS" folder to e.g. "DCS_backup", so DCS would start with all default clean settings. Try the F-14 again, without changing any settings, and see if your issue has been resolved. If it has, there was either something wrong with your DCS installation or in your settings configuration.

GPU: PALIT NVIDIA RTX 3080 10GB | CPU: Intel Core i7-9700K 4,9GHz | RAM: 64GB DDR4 3000MHz
VR: HP Reverb G2 | HOTAS: TM Warthog Throttle and Stick

...and if that fails try to remove the F-14 module in the DCS module manager (trash icon) and download again

Ok, I have tried the following.

Removed the SAVEGAME folders to run a pure new profile etc, removed all control binds on the F14 and then re-added just the basics, roll pitch throttle to my controls

Same problem.

Removed the F14 completely from the game and then re-downloaded a fresh copy (after realising it was using files to re-install from master copy of DCS I removed the F14 from both versions to force a fresh download)

Same problems.

Previously........

Tried removing all AXIS binds and re-assigning then and increasing dead zone to max and then back to min (just to make sure it has logged a change)

Tried some extreme user curves on the controls, just to make sure they save as well.....

And finally, the Keyboard is lagged as well, so for example I might have to press ESCAPE a few times when the plane is lagging at it's worst just to get to the menu.

Observations.

If you keep the control inputs slow and very deliberate the game seems to have little problem keeping up with the input, if you starting wagging the joystick back and forth to induce deliberate and recognisable input lag you see the problem very clearly, if you do realistic inputs you can just feel the background problem and it still a very big problem especially in high AOA situations or low speeds, or indeed in a turning fight at mid to lower speeds, where sudden and large unpredictable inputs can induce a stall.

None of the above problems present a problem at all on any other aircraft, which makes me wonder, do you interact or change any of the base code re: control inputs etc for the flight model ? response curves etc ? The fact the keyboard is lagged as well confuses me somewhat tho....

Could it be Force Feedback related?

- Jack of many DCS modules, master of none.

- Personal wishlist: F-15A, F-4S Phantom II, JAS 39A Gripen, SAAB 35 Draken, F-104 Starfighter, Panavia Tornado IDS.

| Windows 11 | i5-12400 | 64Gb DDR4 | RTX 3080 | 2x M.2 | 27" 1440p | Rift CV1 | Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS | MFG Crosswind pedals |

possible maybe ? the fact the problem has been tied to the F14 is just the baffling one ? I will take a guess that the heatblur team define which effects are enabled and how they are enabled etc ? Could there be an issue with that ? But then we come full circle back the fact the keyboard is being funky as well ?

I might try running the game with my joystick unplugged and put in a 360 controller or something for a quick test and see the problem still exists ?

possible maybe ? the fact the problem has been tied to the F14 is just the baffling one ? I will take a guess that the heatblur team define which effects are enabled and how they are enabled etc ? Could there be an issue with that ? But then we come full circle back the fact the keyboard is being funky as well ?

I might try running the game with my joystick unplugged and put in a 360 controller or something for a quick test and see the problem still exists ?

Disable FFB in the menu too.

- Jack of many DCS modules, master of none.

- Personal wishlist: F-15A, F-4S Phantom II, JAS 39A Gripen, SAAB 35 Draken, F-104 Starfighter, Panavia Tornado IDS.

| Windows 11 | i5-12400 | 64Gb DDR4 | RTX 3080 | 2x M.2 | 27" 1440p | Rift CV1 | Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS | MFG Crosswind pedals |

So an update from me.

I seem to have fixed the problem here, be not 100% sure what fixed it.

Whilst experimenting with other FFB related issues (namely the Falcon and mismatched forces on the X/Y axis) I tried reducing the FFB to 0 and we had no lag, so something to start with, I then thought I would try a different value, and instead of 100 force, and 50 shake I went 99 force 50 shake.......reasoning being it is not maximum and an odd number, works perfect now........however, the other day I also updated my graphics drivers, so unsure at this point if the FFB issue was solved by my adjustment in FFB or by upgrading my vid drivers ?

No other changes have taken place on my system, and throughout all other aircraft worked perfectly, I will now reluctantly try boosting the value back up and see if I can break it again, once I have backed up my settings ! :pilotfly:

I average 155fps on pretty much max settings in 1080p, peak at around 190fps - 200fps

Intel 9700k @5ghz

Gigabyte Auros Pro

64gb DDR4 3200mhz Corsair Vengence

RTX2060

This is the proof that you don't need a graphics card for DCS (at least 6GB of VRAM though, because it runs utterly bad with less), just the phattest CPU you can possibly get. I'd dare to say my 1080 beats the 2060 hooves down, but with an old 3570K, even OC'ed, I just get a third of that with settings far from max.

dcsdashie-hb-ed.jpg

This is the proof that you don't need a graphics card for DCS (at least 6GB of VRAM though, because it runs utterly bad with less), just the phattest CPU you can possibly get. I'd dare to say my 1080 beats the 2060 hooves down, but with an old 3570K, even OC'ed, I just get a third of that with settings far from max.

That may be so indeed, sadly in VR my typical fps with the same settings is around 30-40fps average, and if I enable VR mode settings I can get up to 70-80fps......dropping an 11gb 2080ti OC Extreme into this coming week, so hopefully that will bolster the VR side of it a little more, the 2060rtx is more of a 1080 card , that can do a little dance in the 4k realms but not as happy as a 1080ti for example, the 2080ti won't hinder my VR performance for sure.

Now hopefully I can get to the bottom of these lag issues ! even with 160fps input lag is no fun, and I want to understand what was causing it :doh: