Sorry but - “what do I do...”

wallace

Hey guys,

First off I have used DCS A10C quite a bit. I am a computer guy, self build and debug etc etc... But I am new to VR.

I picked up a Rift S and then upgraded the system to match, loaded the new DCS World, and purchased the F-18....ok so that is the basics.

It is not a problem with the setup as I know the Rift is working... and I can see a MIG29...... BUT

What do I do with it? The VR menu loads into a hanger with the aircraft but nothing comes up anywhere around me to indicate that I can do anything. I have seen a small post in one of the forums that I have been searching and saw one comment about load time, but again there is nothing on the screen to indicate that anything is happening.

All of the menu and user manual discussions are about what to select in the menu and the like...

Additionally, thanks for reading..... and a quick basic VR setup question.

I have the Thrustmaster A10C controller system (A10 Worthog HOTAS)... how do people setup their environment to use this stuff... I guess move the border zone inwards on the RiftS anyway.... comments please.

Hey guys,

First off I have used DCS A10C quite a bit. I am a computer guy, self build and debug etc etc... But I am new to VR.

I picked up a Rift S and then upgraded the system to match, loaded the new DCS World, and purchased the F-18....ok so that is the basics.

It is not a problem with the setup as I know the Rift is working... and I can see a MIG29...... BUT

What do I do with it? The VR menu loads into a hanger with the aircraft but nothing comes up anywhere around me to indicate that I can do anything. I have seen a small post in one of the forums that I have been searching and saw one comment about load time, but again there is nothing on the screen to indicate that anything is happening.

All of the menu and user manual discussions are about what to select in the menu and the like...

Additionally, thanks for reading..... and a quick basic VR setup question.

I have the Thrustmaster A10C controller system (A10 Worthog HOTAS)... how do people setup their environment to use this stuff... I guess move the border zone inwards on the RiftS anyway.... comments please.

it seems you need to press 5 on your numkey in your keyborad, it recenters your view, and the menu should appear in front of you. Hope it solves your problem!

That sounds about right... Although there are various ways that you can get a crash and end up in that hangar without a menu. That said... I've only had that happen after having been there WITH a menu, going into a mission or something and then getting kicked back to the hangar without the menu.

So...

Probably Num-5 on the keyboard to re-center the view. The menu is likely sitting just behind your head :).

Nvidia RTX3080 (HP Reverb), AMD 3800x

Asus Prime X570P, 64GB G-Skill RipJaw 3600

Saitek X-65F and Fanatec Club-Sport Pedals (Using VJoy and Gremlin to remap Throttle and Clutch into a Rudder axis)

... The VR menu loads into a hanger with the aircraft but nothing comes up anywhere around me to indicate that I can do anything. I have seen a small post in one of the forums that I have been searching and saw one comment about load time, but again there is nothing on the screen to indicate that anything is happening.

Hi,

Bind the two VR keybindings, they will allow you to re-center your view and zoom in when needed:

5bXsXYf.jpg

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

Hi,

Bind the two VR keybindings, they will allow you to re-center your view and zoom in when needed:

:thumbup:

This all the way! I never reach out for the keyboard once DCS is loaded in VR.

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

I don't understand the question. What exactly is the problem?

Fair enough

I don't understand the question. What exactly is the problem?

Fair enough, guess its not really a problem. Guess I meant with regards to keeping a mouse handy for clicking on the screen when looking at switches and stuff. But in reality it is a personal setup question so once I get it up and running I will be able to deal with it.

As far as binding the buttons for the VR good suggestions, I will find something in the HOTAS that I can use for that.

Fair enough, guess its not really a problem. Guess I meant with regards to keeping a mouse handy for clicking on the screen when looking at switches and stuff. But in reality it is a personal setup question so once I get it up and running I will be able to deal with it.

I use a wireless trackball on my right knee. I will replace that with a touchpad at some point. Also, have a look at VoiceAttack.

see the thread in my signature...https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=164892

Derek "BoxxMann" Speare

derekspearedesigns.com 25,000+ Gaming Enthusiasts Trust DSD Components to Perform!

i7-11700k 4.9g | RTX3080ti (finally!)| 64gb Ram | 2TB NVME PCIE4| Reverb G1 | CH Pro Throt/Fighterstick Pro | 4 DSD Boxes

Falcon XT/AT/3.0/4.0 | LB2 | DCS | LOMAC

Been Flight Simming Since 1988!

Useful VR settings and tips for DCS HERE