HP's Reverb VR Pro Headset

nervousenergy

DCS is almost unplayable for me too... i have tried everything in this guide: https://vr4dcs.com/2019/09/10/reverb-settings-for-dcs/ and makes 0 difference, like i didn't changed any settings at all. also the reprojection settings in the default.vrsettings file doesn't work at all...

Asus Z370-A | Intel i7 8700K @5.0GHz | Deepcool Maelstrom 120T Red | G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 32GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA 1080ti 11GB SC2 | Kingston A2000 250GB NVMe 250GB for Windows 10 64-bit Pro OS, | Samsung 840PRO 120GB SSD & WD HDD 1TB & WD HDD 500GB for program files | 3x LG 24" IPS monitors | Thrustmaster Warthog Stick | Thrustmaster FCS throttle and pedals | HP Reverb Pro, Oculus Rift CV1 (any many more stuff non flight sim related :helpsmilie:)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

DCS is almost unplayable for me too... i have tried everything in this guide: https://vr4dcs.com/2019/09/10/reverb-settings-for-dcs/ and makes 0 difference, like i didn't changed any settings at all. also the reprojection settings in the default.vrsettings file doesn't work at all...

I see you have 2 headsets. Is it ‘unplayable’ for you in the CV1 as well as the Reverb?

‘Unplayable’ in what way?

Can you post the contents of your default.vrsettings file?

Intel i7 12700K · MSI Gaming X Trio RTX 4090 · ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-A Wi-Fi · MSI 32" MPG321UR QD · Samsung 970 500Gb M.2 NVMe · 2 x Samsung 850 Evo 1Tb · 2Tb HDD · 32Gb Corsair Vengance 3000MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · Tobii Eye Tracker 5 · Thrustmaster F/A-18 Hornet Grip · Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Base · Virpil Throttle MT-50 CM3 · Virpil Alpha Prime Grip · Virpil Control Panel 2 · Thrustmaster F-16 MFDs · HTC Vive Pro 2 · Total Controls Multifunction Button Box

yes it's exactly the same thing in both headsets... i have huge stuttering or freezing whatever it's cold, espexially when i am starting up the aircraft during a mission when fx many aircrafts taxi or taking off near me. same thing happens on air ofc.

I can't right now (at work)

Asus Z370-A | Intel i7 8700K @5.0GHz | Deepcool Maelstrom 120T Red | G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 32GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA 1080ti 11GB SC2 | Kingston A2000 250GB NVMe 250GB for Windows 10 64-bit Pro OS, | Samsung 840PRO 120GB SSD & WD HDD 1TB & WD HDD 500GB for program files | 3x LG 24" IPS monitors | Thrustmaster Warthog Stick | Thrustmaster FCS throttle and pedals | HP Reverb Pro, Oculus Rift CV1 (any many more stuff non flight sim related :helpsmilie:)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Did you try enabling the motion reprojection indicator? This will tell you exactly what it is doing, I had loads of stuttering when I first setup VR and it turned out the reprojection was flipping between modes causing lots of stuttering, I've now just turned it on permanently and run at a pretty constant 45FPS without stuttering.

The other thing worth installing from Steam is FPSVR (I think it's about £4), this program will display a graph while you play showing whether your CPU or GPU is maxed out, you can then adjust your DCS options to get the best performance.

Are you running DCS from an SSD or HDD?

Intel Core i9 9900K 5.0GHz · Gigabyte GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER · Gigabyte Z390 AORUS PRO · Alienware 34" AW3418DW · Corsair 2TB M.2 NVMe · 64Gb Corsair Vengeance 3200MHz DDR4 · Windows 10 · TM HOTAS Warthog · VPC ACE-2 Rudder Pedals · VPC V.F.X Grip · VPC MongoosT-50CM2 Grip · Virpil WarBRD base · HP Reverb Pro · 3x TM MFD · Buddy-Fox A-10 UFC · 2x LG Throttle Quadrants · LG Switch Panel · LG Multi Panel · LG Radio Panel · Buttkicker Gamer & JetSeat

Nick Jennings

Yes, i tried, it's not enabled, i will try FPSVR.. Running DCS from HDD

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I’m exasperated with my Reverb. I had everything performing as it should with regard to smoothness thanks to Thuds guide. Two days ago I fired up DCS and experienced terrible performance with ghosting and nauseating stutters. Only way I can play DCS now is to drop to 60Hz refresh rate. I simply cannot get it to run smoothly at 90Hz with my original settings.

This all started after a SteamVR update. In an effort to track down what was causing this I back tracked all my settings carefully. In doing so I checked the motion reproduction settings only to find that my file had been replaced (I assume) as the // I had manually removed to force reprojection had been put back. Along with this I also noticed that there is a new facility to force the reprojection on or off in the GUI but even with this in use I still can’t replicate the performance prior to a couple of days ago. I have gone over the settings time and time again but to no avail.

No point me putting what settings I have as they all are as Thuds guide which worked fine apart from now I run at 60Hz as opposed to the 90Hz.

Anyone else suffered the same?

i7 7700 @ 4.7GHz--GTX1080ti--Samsung SSD 500GB--32 gigs of RAM--TH Warthog--Crosswinds rudder--HP Reverb--Dedicated Sim room.

I’m exasperated with my Reverb. I had everything performing as it should with regard to smoothness thanks to Thuds guide. Two days ago I fired up DCS and experienced terrible performance with ghosting and nauseating stutters. Only way I can play DCS now is to drop to 60Hz refresh rate. I simply cannot get it to run smoothly at 90Hz with my original settings.

This all started after a SteamVR update. In an effort to track down what was causing this I back tracked all my settings carefully. In doing so I checked the motion reproduction settings only to find that my file had been replaced (I assume) as the // I had manually removed to force reprojection had been put back. Along with this I also noticed that there is a new facility to force the reprojection on or off in the GUI but even with this in use I still can’t replicate the performance prior to a couple of days ago. I have gone over the settings time and time again but to no avail.

No point me putting what settings I have as they all are as Thuds guide which worked fine apart from now I run at 60Hz as opposed to the 90Hz.

Check your WMR Windows settings are still at 90Hz, it may have changed to 60Hz. If it looks OK then make sure SteamVR is also set to 90Hz, I've had it once where SteamVR changed to 60Hz and needed a reboot to reset it back to 90Hz.

Intel Core i9 9900K 5.0GHz · Gigabyte GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER · Gigabyte Z390 AORUS PRO · Alienware 34" AW3418DW · Corsair 2TB M.2 NVMe · 64Gb Corsair Vengeance 3200MHz DDR4 · Windows 10 · TM HOTAS Warthog · VPC ACE-2 Rudder Pedals · VPC V.F.X Grip · VPC MongoosT-50CM2 Grip · Virpil WarBRD base · HP Reverb Pro · 3x TM MFD · Buddy-Fox A-10 UFC · 2x LG Throttle Quadrants · LG Switch Panel · LG Multi Panel · LG Radio Panel · Buttkicker Gamer & JetSeat

Nick Jennings

I had the same thing happen to me yesterday..... Messed with my settings for 2 days getting IL2 perfect with high frames and resolution and had DCS 45-55 most of the time ....got an update to WMR beta and now IL2 is stuttering as well as DCS ...Now I'm back to the drawing board....VRfps is saying my cpu is pegged now ....got a 9700K and new MB to throw in this weekend hoping that helps a bit....Frustrating to say the least but what are you going to do.

Edited by Hellcat

i7-9700K @ 5.0 l MSI MPG Z390 Gaming Plus MB l 32GB DDR4 2400 Ram l Sabrent Rocket Q 1TB M.2 l EVGA 3080 FTW l Win10 Pro l WarBRD/Warthog Hotas l VKB MkIV rudder Pedals l Reverb G2

I had the same thing happen to me yesterday..... Messed with my settings for 2 days getting IL2 perfect with high frames and resolution and had DCS 45-55 most of the time ....got an update to WMR beta and now IL2 is stuttering as well as DCS ...Now I'm back to the drawing board....VRfps is saying my cpu is pegged now ....got a 9700K and new MB to throw in this weekend hoping that helps a bit....Frustrating to say the least but what are you going to do.

Checked your default.vrsettings file?

Intel i7 12700K · MSI Gaming X Trio RTX 4090 · ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-A Wi-Fi · MSI 32" MPG321UR QD · Samsung 970 500Gb M.2 NVMe · 2 x Samsung 850 Evo 1Tb · 2Tb HDD · 32Gb Corsair Vengance 3000MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · Tobii Eye Tracker 5 · Thrustmaster F/A-18 Hornet Grip · Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Base · Virpil Throttle MT-50 CM3 · Virpil Alpha Prime Grip · Virpil Control Panel 2 · Thrustmaster F-16 MFDs · HTC Vive Pro 2 · Total Controls Multifunction Button Box

Here's my post on this very subject from a few pages back, so I had the same issues with the update after being away from it for a while. The only thing I can suggest is that you double-check your SS settings in SteamVR. One of the more recent updates changed that as well, so 100% SS now shows right around the native resolution of the Reverb. 150%, where I had it set in previous versions of SteamVR, now shows some crazy-high resolution, so I dropped it to 100%. If you have yours set higher than that, it might be the cause. For the refresh rate, I see a lot of people having success with 60Hz, but I personally can't use 60Hz. For some reason it quickly makes my eyes feel like they're being pulled out of their sockets.

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=4167430&postcount=4576

EVGA Z690 Classified, Intel i9 12900KS Alder Lake processor, MSI MAG Core Liquid 360R V2 AIO Liquid CPU Cooler, G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series 64GB DDR5 6400 memory, EVGA RTX3090 FTW3 Ultra 24GB video card, Samsung 980PRO 1TB M2.2280 SSD for Windows 10 64-bit OS, Samsung 980PRO 2TB M2.2280 SSD for program files, LG WH14NS40 Blu-Ray burner. HOTAS Warthog, Saitek Pedals, HP Reverb G2. Partridge and pear tree pending. :pilotfly:

Checked your default.vrsettings file?

Yep checked that ...

i7-9700K @ 5.0 l MSI MPG Z390 Gaming Plus MB l 32GB DDR4 2400 Ram l Sabrent Rocket Q 1TB M.2 l EVGA 3080 FTW l Win10 Pro l WarBRD/Warthog Hotas l VKB MkIV rudder Pedals l Reverb G2

Yep checked that ...

Do you use Process Lasso to lock DCS to physical CPU cores or disable hyperthreading?

Nick Jennings

No haven't use Lasso ....I5 7600k doesn't have HyperThreading.

Ahh ok, are all of your cores clocked at 4.7GHz?

You 'may' get some benefit from Process Lasso by stopping other processes like SteamVR from sharing the same cores as DCS.

Nick Jennings

also after any update deleting FXO and Metashaders2 should be a reflex …

SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel Corei7-12700KF @ 5.1/5.3p & 3.8e GHz, 64Gb RAM, 4090 FE, Dell S2716DG, Virpil T50CM3 Throttle, WinWIng Orion 2 & F-16EX + MFG Crosswinds V2, Varjo Aero
SOFTWARE: Microsoft Windows 11, VoiceAttack & VAICOM PRO

1569924735_WildcardsBadgerFAASig.jpg.dbb8c2a337e37c2bfb12855f86d70fd5.jpg

Been keeping an eye on this thread for a while as I've been debating purchasing the Reverb to replace my Rift S. I've tried OG Rift, Odyssey, Odyssey Plus, and Vive Pro. I've only used the Reverb for about 3 hours last night, and other than a clunky setup routine, all of the issues I've had with WMR have been addressed, and the three hour session I had last night with the Reverb was incredible. Long term reliability remains to be tested, but overall I'm HIGHLY impressed with both performance, comfort and resolution of Reverb. If it continues to work glitch free, I will definitely be selling my Rift S. I felt like i was looking at monitor last night and performance of reprojection seems even better than Rift S. I'm running 8700 at 5.1 Ghz, with 2080Ti so I'd hoped for a good performance and was not disappointed (pegged at 45 with no ghosting in cockpit, and immediately jumps to 90 when switching to external view). I'll try IL-2 tonight, but super excited about this headset. Sweet spot seems huge to me and overall comfort is really good. Cable sucks, but I don't notice it while flying. FOV seems on par with Rift S, maybe a little less FOV in the vertical? If you're on the fence, I'd say pull the trigger as this is NOTICEABLY better than Rift S IMHO.

Ok I have smoothness back. I changed the dcs ss setting back to 100% from 150. So The video setting is at 100% and now the dcs application setting is 100%. The new motion smoothing interface directly below the sliding scale for the dcs setting is set to always force on

The // in the motion reprojection file has once again been removed and I have replaced “auto” with “motionvector”

Onward and upwards!

Thanks for your assistance

Waistcat

i7 7700 @ 4.7GHz--GTX1080ti--Samsung SSD 500GB--32 gigs of RAM--TH Warthog--Crosswinds rudder--HP Reverb--Dedicated Sim room.

Glad you've got it sorted!

Nick Jennings

Ok I have smoothness back. I changed the dcs ss setting back to 100% from 150. So The video setting is at 100% and now the dcs application setting is 100%. The new motion smoothing interface directly below the sliding scale for the dcs setting is set to always force on

The // in the motion reprojection file has once again been removed and I have replaced “auto” with “motionvector”

Onward and upwards!

Waistcat

The SteamVR motion smoothing options don't apply to WMR devices.

I've never understood why anyone would want to use 'motionvector' rather than 'auto'. Can someone explain?

I've never understood why anyone would want to use 'motionvector' rather than 'auto'. Can someone explain?

In my experience, the on and off switching of motion reprojection when set to "auto" can cause more stuttering than having it forced on all the time with the "motionvector" setting. Not everybody experiences that, so I think its just differences in peoples' rigs. I have mine set to "motionvector", although it only makes a small improvement in start-to-finish performance in a DCS session.

EVGA Z690 Classified, Intel i9 12900KS Alder Lake processor, MSI MAG Core Liquid 360R V2 AIO Liquid CPU Cooler, G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series 64GB DDR5 6400 memory, EVGA RTX3090 FTW3 Ultra 24GB video card, Samsung 980PRO 1TB M2.2280 SSD for Windows 10 64-bit OS, Samsung 980PRO 2TB M2.2280 SSD for program files, LG WH14NS40 Blu-Ray burner. HOTAS Warthog, Saitek Pedals, HP Reverb G2. Partridge and pear tree pending. :pilotfly:

It locks the frame rate to 45FPS, without it you get horrendous stuttering if it can't maintain a high enough frame rate, as SteamVr switches between reprojection modes automatically. I had this when my framrate hovered just below or above 45FPS and with the motion projection indicator I could see it switching modes rapidly causing stuttering.

I haven't tried turning it off completely, but I've heard that may cause other display glitches?

Nick Jennings

Onward and upwards!

Waistcat

Glad you got it figured out, Waistcat. Its usually the simple oversights that bite us in the rear. :D