HP's Reverb VR Pro Headset

nervousenergy

Me niether, I don't see any option like that. Going native will loose all settings available through SteamVR, in exchange for some unconfirmed performance gains that could be just wishful thinking.

Hardware: VPForce Rhino, FSSB R3 Ultra, Virpil T-50CM, Hotas Warthog, Winwing F15EX, Slaw Rudder, GVL224 Trio Throttle, Thrustmaster MFDs, Saitek Trim wheel, Trackir 5, Quest Pro

You can use Oculus Tray Tool to set SS instead of PD even though Oculus API is native.. I would expect that to be the case if WMR became native as well. One would hope anyway.

I concur with stuarteaston and some1. I don't think WMR headsets have that ability yet, and we know how willing Microsoft is to give users more control of their own equipment. Hopefully, if the DCS team makes native support a reality, they'll make it an option we can select in the VR settings menu.

Edited by eaglecash867

EVGA Z690 Classified, Intel i9 12900KS Alder Lake processor, MSI MAG Core Liquid 360R V2 AIO Liquid CPU Cooler, G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series 64GB DDR5 6400 memory, EVGA RTX3090 FTW3 Ultra 24GB video card, Samsung 980PRO 1TB M2.2280 SSD for Windows 10 64-bit OS, Samsung 980PRO 2TB M2.2280 SSD for program files, LG WH14NS40 Blu-Ray burner. HOTAS Warthog, Saitek Pedals, HP Reverb G2. Partridge and pear tree pending. :pilotfly:

If something was good my previous Oculus Rift was the native support. SteamVr is crap. Waiting for WMR to have native support in DCS at once, and to use my Reverb without touching SteamVR's shit

Completely agree... Coming from a rift, i hate this steam vr BS...

Apart from that, i tried every guide online about vr settings in DCS, istill have huge stuttering fps issues, to the point it is unplayable. Sometimes it's ok, some other times it becomes ok after 20mins in a mission..

8700k @5.0ghz, 16gb ram, 1080ti, hp reverb...

Asus Z370-A | Intel i7 8700K @5.0GHz | Deepcool Maelstrom 120T Red | G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 32GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA 1080ti 11GB SC2 | Kingston A2000 250GB NVMe 250GB for Windows 10 64-bit Pro OS, | Samsung 840PRO 120GB SSD & WD HDD 1TB & WD HDD 500GB for program files | 3x LG 24" IPS monitors | Thrustmaster Warthog Stick | Thrustmaster FCS throttle and pedals | HP Reverb Pro, Oculus Rift CV1 (any many more stuff non flight sim related :helpsmilie:)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Completely agree... Coming from a rift, i hate this steam vr BS...

Apart from that, i tried every guide online about vr settings in DCS, istill have huge stuttering fps issues, to the point it is unplayable. Sometimes it's ok, some other times it becomes ok after 20mins in a mission..

8700k @5.0ghz, 16gb ram, 1080ti, hp reverb...

My Reverb behaves swell - I Do use lower setting but water, no MSAA, no AA, no Shadows, SS 1.1, looks great, can spot a bandit 18nm

| VR goggles | Autopilot panel | Headtracker | TM HOTAS | G920 HOTAS | MS FFB 2 | Throttle Quadrants | 8600K | GTX 1080 | 64GB RAM| Win 10 x64 | Voicerecognition | 50" UHD TV monitor | 40" 1080p TV monitor | 2x 24" 1080p side monitors | 24" 1080p touchscreen |

Don’t really know what the beef is here about SteamVR. Personally, I find it a very flexible, well supported piece of software. Lots of options, and the devs bring out very regular updates.

Intel i7 12700K · MSI Gaming X Trio RTX 4090 · ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-A Wi-Fi · MSI 32" MPG321UR QD · Samsung 970 500Gb M.2 NVMe · 2 x Samsung 850 Evo 1Tb · 2Tb HDD · 32Gb Corsair Vengance 3000MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · Tobii Eye Tracker 5 · Thrustmaster F/A-18 Hornet Grip · Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Base · Virpil Throttle MT-50 CM3 · Virpil Alpha Prime Grip · Virpil Control Panel 2 · Thrustmaster F-16 MFDs · HTC Vive Pro 2 · Total Controls Multifunction Button Box

I've have usually set my motion reprojection to "auto" in the default.vrsettings file, and have had the indicator to enabled (true) to see the effects of my settings.

But when I set motion reprojection to ""motionvector" to force to 45 fps, the indicator doesn't work even when set to enabled/true. Is there anyway to see if it's working? This isn't just for DCS but for all my VR games/apps. The indicator in the top left corner disappears when motion reprojection is forced/set to "motionvector".

PC: I9 13900K, Asus ROG Strix GeForce RTX 4090 OC, 32 GB RAM@6000Mhz.

Thrustmaster Warthog Hotas. Virpil Base for Joystick. Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Rudderpedals. Realsimulator FSSB-RL MKII ULTRA base + Realsimulator F16SGRH V2 grip

VR: Pimax Crystal, 8KX, HP Reverb G2, Pico 4, Quest 2. Buttkicker Gamer Pro. Next Level Motion Platform V3.

Does anyone here know if it is possible to remove the headphone cable on the Reverb?

It is getting on my nerves dangling down at the back of my head!

Intel i7 12700K · MSI Gaming X Trio RTX 4090 · ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-A Wi-Fi · MSI 32" MPG321UR QD · Samsung 970 500Gb M.2 NVMe · 2 x Samsung 850 Evo 1Tb · 2Tb HDD · 32Gb Corsair Vengance 3000MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · Tobii Eye Tracker 5 · Thrustmaster F/A-18 Hornet Grip · Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Base · Virpil Throttle MT-50 CM3 · Virpil Alpha Prime Grip · Virpil Control Panel 2 · Thrustmaster F-16 MFDs · HTC Vive Pro 2 · Total Controls Multifunction Button Box

If you bring up the steam menu, there is a developer option to show performance graph in game or you can show the frame rate with right ctrl pause

Edited by speed-of-heat
Left and right switched

SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel Corei7-12700KF @ 5.1/5.3p & 3.8e GHz, 64Gb RAM, 4090 FE, Dell S2716DG, Virpil T50CM3 Throttle, WinWIng Orion 2 & F-16EX + MFG Crosswinds V2, Varjo Aero
SOFTWARE: Microsoft Windows 11, VoiceAttack & VAICOM PRO

YOUTUBE CHANNEL: @speed-of-heat

1569924735_WildcardsBadgerFAASig.jpg.dbb8c2a337e37c2bfb12855f86d70fd5.jpg

Does anyone here know if it is possible to remove the headphone cable on the Reverb?

It is getting on my nerves dangling down at the back of my head!

Wrap it up with a cable tie

SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel Corei7-12700KF @ 5.1/5.3p & 3.8e GHz, 64Gb RAM, 4090 FE, Dell S2716DG, Virpil T50CM3 Throttle, WinWIng Orion 2 & F-16EX + MFG Crosswinds V2, Varjo Aero

Wrap it up with a cable tie

Thanks, yep, can do, but I'd like to remove it completely if possible.

If you bring up the steam menu, there is a developer option to show performance graph in game or you can show the frame rate with Left ctrl pause

Ok, thanks, I will check out the frame rate with lctrl/pause next time I fly.

But it's normal for the indicator to disappear when motionvector is forced, and only be there when set to "auto"?

Thrustmaster Warthog Hotas. Virpil Base for Joystick. Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Rudderpedals. Realsimulator FSSB-RL MKII ULTRA base + Realsimulator F16SGRH V2 grip

VR: Pimax Crystal, 8KX, HP Reverb G2, Pico 4, Quest 2. Buttkicker Gamer Pro. Next Level Motion Platform V3.

Don’t really know what the beef is here about SteamVR. Personally, I find it a very flexible, well supported piece of software. Lots of options, and the devs bring out very regular updates.

I agree. Sometimes I think the objections to SteamVR might be caused by people following the old, convoluted method of loading DCS in SteamVR. Loading SteamVR, going to the cliff house, pushing a button (not sure what) button, clicking here, then there, etc....All of that still works, but its not even necessary anymore. Now its just a matter of plugging the Reverb in, waiting for WMR to recognize it, and then starting DCS. Everything else happens automatically, so its really not much different than the process was for the Oculus software. I just happened to discover on accident one day that you don't have to do all the other stuff. :)

EVGA Z690 Classified, Intel i9 12900KS Alder Lake processor, MSI MAG Core Liquid 360R V2 AIO Liquid CPU Cooler, G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series 64GB DDR5 6400 memory, EVGA RTX3090 FTW3 Ultra 24GB video card, Samsung 980PRO 1TB M2.2280 SSD for Windows 10 64-bit OS, Samsung 980PRO 2TB M2.2280 SSD for program files, LG WH14NS40 Blu-Ray burner. HOTAS Warthog, Saitek Pedals, HP Reverb G2. Partridge and pear tree pending. :pilotfly:

Yeah, start WMR, start DCS, done. If set up correctly, there's no need to press any additional key combos, or touch controllers any more. I was actually surprised, coming from Oculus and previously hearing a lot of negativity towards WMR, how easy it is in daily use.

And I don't think anyone has any hard data that disabling SteamVR will gain any FPS.

Hardware: VPForce Rhino, FSSB R3 Ultra, Virpil T-50CM, Hotas Warthog, Winwing F15EX, Slaw Rudder, GVL224 Trio Throttle, Thrustmaster MFDs, Saitek Trim wheel, Trackir 5, Quest Pro

But it's normal for the indicator to disappear when motionvector is forced, and only be there when set to "auto"?

Yep, or at least that’s consistent with my experience

Right not left, my bad

I know when I changed from Oculus CV1 and tried the Odyssey I was appalled at having to use WMR and Steam. Using Oculus was as easy as using an monitor. Since I’ve had the Index and only use SteamVR the interface has become much better. If I simply start DCS I really don’t even see it. With SteamVR I have 2 extra forms of super sampling apart from PD in DCS, not to mention different options to choose from for motion smoothing and reprojection. With Oculus you need the Oculus tray tool to adjust super sampling outside of DCS. With the Index I can now adjust refresh rate, custom resolution, application super sampling, motion smoothing and reprojection while in game simplify using the system button on the headset.

From my experience SteamVR gives the most control over VR settings. It’s WMR that needs to be kicked to the curb but the Reverb is marketed as a business peripheral first, not a gaming headset. Pretty much the entire world runs on some type Microsoft product and that is HP’s target audience. While I really wanted to be able to use the Reverb, I’m glad I don’t have to deal with WMR. I would rather see SteamVR native but I’m not holding my breath.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Intel i9 9900K @ 5.1Ghz HT Disabled, Asus RoG Strix z390E Gaming, 64GB G.Skill Trident Z 3200, Asus RoG Strix RTX2080Ti OC @ 1.9Ghz, 1TB Samsung Evo 970Pro M.2 TM Warthog, CH Pro Pedals, Saitek Pro Rudder Pedals, Samsung 49" Curved Gaming Monitor, Samsung 50" 4KUHD TV, Acer 27" Touch Panel, CV1, Pimax 5K+, Valve Index, FSSB3 Lighting, F-16SGRH, 3 TM Cougar's and a Saitek X36 that I can't bring myself to part with.

Right not left, my bad

Tried both :) Don't know what I'm doing wrong, but none of them worked, can't see frame rate in game with VR. Strange. Even tried mapping the function to another key, but... nope. That doesn't work either.

Compared with the systems complexity of the aircraft we love to simulate, getting VR started up prior to a flying session seems an absolute breeze, whether it is Oculus, WMR, SteamVR, Pimax etc. :)

AMD 5800X3D · MSI 4080 · Asus ROG Strix B550 Gaming  · HP Reverb Pro · 1Tb M.2 NVMe, 32Gb Corsair Vengence 3600MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · VIRPIL T-50CM3 Base, Alpha Prime R. VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Base. JetSeat

Right not left, my bad

Left CTRL works also.

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

lol, bro I spent ten hours trying EVERY possible setting, vertical, horizontal, outside, inside... et al. Moving the left lens to the left got it clearer, same for the right lens but it didn't take as much movement. I have to move the lenses farther left than the sliders in the app allow for and therefore I've edited the file itself. I can see improvement but not enough to get rid of the cross eyed vision and yes, I'm moving both lenses. My bigger question is, why do I have to do this at all? Outside of DCS everything is great, it's not till DCS is loaded that the image goes to shit.

I'm so sorry of reading that, but in fact it is software/configuration problem, so it must have a solution...

Couldn't HP finally release Rev.3 with a cable without a connector? This cable is a mistake. My Rev.2 set starts to turn off for a second, and from the new I connected the cable once and attached the clip. I never disconnected it - the connector worked less than two months :(

i7-8700K, Z370, 32GB DDR4-3000MHz, RTX 2080 Ti, FSSB R3L, TM Warthog HOTAS, CH Pro pedals, 2x MFD's, Windows 10 Pro, HP Reverb

DCS: F-16C, F/A-18C, F-14B, F-15C, AV-8B, M2000C, F-5E, A-10C, AJS-37, Su-27, Su-33, MiG-21bis, MiG-29, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, Bf 109 K-4, SA342, UH-1H

I've had my Rev2 since end of July and have had no issues ...Although i still used the Zip tie hack to secure it to the headset on either side of the connector .

i7-9700K @ 5.0 l MSI MPG Z390 Gaming Plus MB l 32GB DDR4 2400 Ram l Sabrent Rocket Q 1TB M.2 l EVGA 3080 FTW l Win10 Pro l WarBRD/Warthog Hotas l VKB MkIV rudder Pedals l Reverb G2