Index and Oculus S owners advice requested please.

skarden

I've had an O+, Rift S, and now Index. No way would I ever go back to the first two. One thing that I have noticed right off the bat it the smoothness in tracking on the Index, even with fps variations in certain areas, the tracking remains smooth. With the other two, the tracking would be effected by those variations, like little micro stutters.

I had my 2 lighthouses mounted in the corners of my room (7ft on the walls) in under 15 min and configured the system in another 15 mins. Worth it.

The controllers take some getting used to, but I love 'em. So intuitive after a couple hours of rewiring your brain to not always gripping the controller to prevent them from hitting the ground. I don't get the whole can't click the joystick if it's a certain distance from center thing...must be the console controllers guild raising a ruckus.

Win 11 Professional, I7-12700K, 32GB DDR5, 3090, 2x 980 PRO PCIe 4.0 NVMe , 2x VKB Gunfighter mk III, MCG Ultimate, SCG, Orion 2 Throttle, Thrustmaster TPR pedals, Pimax Crystal 

Yeah i don't understand the problem with taking 30 mins or so to set up the sensors/lighthouses.

A little bit of work to get good room scale tracking seems like a good pay off to me.

Yeah the controllers were a big selling pont for the index for me, it's certainly received some great reviews for em.

Intel Core i9-10850K

ASUS ROG Strix Z490-E Gaming motherboard

Gigabyte Aorus GeForce RTX 3080 Master

32 GB Corsair Vengeance LED 3000MHz DDR4

Thrustmaster Warthog/ HP Reverb G2