Best VR headset for dcs?

SpaceMonkey037

......in your opinion.

I'm having a blast in DCS with my Rift S. Lovely sharp visuals and silky smooth action :)

It's not worthless to me, in fact a great bang for the buck at £400.00 :thumbup:

I fully agree with this!

Plus some may not always take into consideration the bigger picture assuming everyone just uses these for DCS or flight sims in general.

Whilst combat flight simming is my main love , I do also enjoy many other Touch supported games as well. The Oculus Ecosystem and the Touch Controllers are hard to beat.

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

Rift S is not worthless to anyone running a 1080/70 or a 2070/60 as well...

9700k @ stock , Aorus Pro Z390 wifi , 32gb 3200 mhz CL16 , 1tb EVO 970 , MSI RX 6800XT Gaming X TRIO , Seasonic Prime 850w Gold , Coolermaster H500m , Noctua NH-D15S , CH Pro throttle and T50CM2/WarBrD base on Foxxmounts , CH pedals , Reverb G2v2

• 1 month later...
Hello! I have been enjoying dcs, but I have found it a bit irritating to have to use the mouse to look around especially on dogfights. I have been thinking about getting VR but I can't seem to find a headset that I don't have to donate one of my eyes to be able to buy half a headset. I have also been thinking about getting track it, but with shipping I have to pay over 200 use. Is there a VR headset that cost around this price point that might give me a better experience than track or?

Thx in advance.

So, 5 weeks on, what did you end up buying?

i7-8700K@ 4.9GHz, GTX 1080ti, 32GB DDR4-3200, Samsung 970 Evo 1TB, Samsung 970 Evo 250GB, 2TB HDD, Win10 Home, TrackIR 5, HOTAS Warthog, Hornet Grip, Cougar MFDs, Monstertech desk mounts, VKB T.Rudders, Alienware 34" curved Ultrawide, PG & NTTR, F/A-18C, F-16C, A-10C, F-5E, Mi-8, SA342, UH-1H, Ka-50, L-39, Yak 52, Su-33, FC3.

In my experience, Rift, Rift S, Pimax 5K, Reverb, Vive, Vive Pro, Odyssey, Index, the best now (08/30/2019) is the Valve Index follow by HP Reverb.

Yes, specially after the firmware that fixes vertical lines. Now image clarity is superb with my Index.

I'm going a "little against the grain" here.

Whilst I have not tried those other headsets, the Rift S is a remarkable device for what you get for the money. The resolution specs certainly do not look as good as others, but the image clarity I found quite surprising. I was very disappointed with Oculus when the Rift S was announced, and had planned on going a different route. But with the price I decided to give it a try, and I am very glad I did.

And what I really like about it - I can run on fairly high graphics settings, and still get good smooth performance. Not sure how I would feel about the tradeoff in going with a higher resolution device and having to lower my GFX settings from what they are now.

And the dang thing is so simple to operate. No muss no fuss and very quickly I was spending pretty much all my time gaming. And I use the thing daily, for many hours a week.

I am still contemplating grabbing a Reverb a little later on just to compare for myself, not totally decided on that though. I would only use it for a couple of flight sims and maybe ED. I would keep the Rift S for my other Touch supported games I enjoy a lot. I am not going to invest the money I would need to get an Index.

I can get the Reverb from Amazon Prime and have 30 days to return if I do not feel it was worth it.

Everything too is very subjective, and I feel for those having to decide at this time on which headset to go with. Course that is a good problem, considering not that long ago we only had two players to choose from.

Edit: But man the stock audio strap in Rift S is crap, I went with earbuds and sound is awesome. I gots to have me some good audio.

Edited by dburne

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|