Ram g.skill f4-3200c16d 32gb

Evga rtx 2070

Ssd samgung 960 evo m.2 500gb

Syria, Nevada, Persian Gulf, Normandy 1944

Combined Arms

A-10C, Mirage-2000C, F-16C, FC3

Spitfire LF Mk. IX

UH-1H, Gazelle

How long it flies depends on the supply of parts. You can probably fabricate everything you need for the airframe but radial engines are getting expensive to support because not many people use them so there's no economies of scale when manufacturing parts. I have no idea if it's a different story for the An-2's engine in the rest of the world though.

All true, but economies of scale can also get balanced against total aircraft replacement, suddenly that "extra expensive part" might look quite reasonable, when priced against say a brand new Viking Twin Otter at 2019 prices!

Edit: not that the owner of a Colt is really gonna be in the market for a Viking Twotter, but just making a point about parts replacement vs the alternatives

Edited by Rick50

I had a lot of fun with the AN-2 Colt in FS2004, it's a fun aircraft to fly!

Now if it comes to DCS, where the military role is front and center, yea, I'd buy this plane!

As long as it comes with the ability to move equipment and cargo, troops and paratroops, then it will definitely be worthwhile!

Of course I also look forward to the BlackHawk and Hercules too...

• 1 month later...

cargo

FC3 | UH-1 | Mi-8 | A-10C II | F/A-18 | Ka-50 III | F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 Mi-24 | F-5 | F-15E| F-4| Tornado

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: CH-53 | UH-60

Youtube

MS FFB2 - TM Warthog - CH Pro Pedals - Trackir 5

• 1 month later...

I would love a AN-2 in DCS..!

The first time I saw one for real was during my line training as a new hire first officer. As we rolled down the runway at Krakow, there were some 5 or 6 AN-2 lined up on holding at a halfway intersection. I got so mesmerized that I forgot to call V1 and rotate...

The captain wrote ”No sightseeing during take off! Focus!” in my training log :-D

Would be cool to drop paratroopers and special forces in DCS.

• 1 month later...

I would love to buy a nice DCS version of the AN-2 (with western instruments please ;) ).

Airdrop missions is something vital to not only combat situations, but also for humanitarian missions. I do not remember any simulation that had this option. DCS could be a nice platform for this kind of missions, with Hercules, Buffallos, Casas, An-26s and all sort of cool military transport planes.

The An-2 being such a unique aircraft, given that it´s "already there" for P3D, would be a smart move.

• 2 months later...

Dropping paratroopers could be a new mission type as well, perhaps even tie in with CA

I dont know how many countries used an2 for that, but cuba did for sure

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] DCS: The most expensive free game you'll ever play

Modules: All of them

System:

I9-9900k, ROG Maximus , 32gb ram, RTX2070 Founder's Edition, t16000,hotas, pedals & cougar MFD, HP Reverb 1.2, HTC VIVE

• 1 month later...

It's hard to tell, there's no with that octopus (or even ugra) read these forums but it's hard to overestimate how much I wasn't to see a dcs an2

System:

I9-9900k, ROG Maximus , 32gb ram, RTX2070 Founder's Edition, t16000,hotas, pedals & cougar MFD, HP Reverb 1.2, HTC VIVE

While Cuba may have used it for paratrooper deployment, I'd imagine that most operators would have used it for special forces deployment in one way or another. After all, it's an incredibly popular workhorse in general aviation, so that would make for a fantastic means to infiltrate and deploy. Also, its relatively smaller size, rugged construction,and excellent STOL capabilities means it could have been used to pick up small teams or agents in a similar manner as the Lysander in WWII.

Reformers hate him! This one weird trick found by a bush pilot will make gunfighter obsessed old farts angry at your multi-role carrier deck line up!

Don't forget, in addition to using it to spray your dcs crops, it served as an unwieldy bomber/ gunship

OphKEeg.jpg

BbhCsH0.jpg

4BgWgPB.jpg

System:

And you can reenact both sides of this historic encounter:

https://m.warhistoryonline.com/instant-articles/an-aerial-combat-first.html

cis1tvql.jpg

System:

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

I honestly don’t finde any sense with An-2 in DCS. If the developer already have an advanced An-2 model and enough work hours on it and worth it the time, then is ok. I will like instead a MiG-3 or Yak-3. Of course La-5 and Yak-9 will be better.

An-2 is a passenger aircraft. Also used for post transport. Not really useful in military.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I honestly don’t finde any sense with An-2 in DCS.

Statements like this in threads for transport planes show that a lot of people know very little how military conflicts work. Logistics and supplies are an essential part of it and are often not only flown in difficult conditions but in combat situations too, where the transport planes have to fly through defended air space. That's pretty much combat as in a combat simulator should be expected.

An-2 is a passenger aircraft. Also used for post transport. Not really useful in military.

It was used in the military as reccon and observation plane, for logistics, for dropping paratroopers and as air ambulance. It would be easy to design combat missions with a role for an An-2.

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

An AN-2 would be awesome. I love flying transport (of cargo or infantry) missions in unforgiving environments in this game, and I can see quite a few ways in which this would come in very useful even in modern scenarios. Plus, it would just be fun to fly.

An-2 its a very good idea, with delivery campaign. I'll buy it if it will be present for DCS also.

Octopus G did it for FSX/P3D so why not?

Webmaster of http://www.yoyosims.pl

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

Win 10 64, i9-13900 KF, RTX  4090 24Gb OC, RAM 64Gb Corsair Vengeance LED OC@3600MHz,, 3xSSD+3xSSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5, [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor2, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Tell you what, I have no use for an Il-16 on DCS yet, but if you do de AN-2 i´ll buy both.

MiG-3 or Yak-3. Of course La-5 and Yak-9 will be better.

Onlly for WWII. But the AN 2 can be used from Korea 1950 all the way to Syria 2020...

On nevada as private charter or sight seeing, and a gazillion mopre scnearios....

With a Yak 3 you are going to fight Doras or 109K´s ? Where in Kerch? most of WWII area of the caucasus is low detail...

Not really useful? Logistics win wars. If the man on the ground doesn't have his needs met, he can't accomplish his goals. Aircraft such as the An-2 fill this need. An-2s have been used for the mundane such as resupply and transportation to the more exciting such as paradrops and even some limited attack roles. To this day, it's still used in some of these roles sans for the last one.

This is an aspect of combat that DCS isn't simulating. As the overly repeated mantra goes: "This is Digital COMBAT Simulator!" Logistics are the most important piece in the puzzle. And given the size of DCS' maps, not only does the An-2 fit, it's perfect for it.

A few aircraft can fit into this role, but none really enjoy the ubiquity of the An-2. It'd offer a new experience to DCS, one that nothing else really does outside of the Mi-8 and UH-1.

Reformers hate him! This one weird trick found by a bush pilot will make gunfighter obsessed old farts angry at your multi-role carrier deck line up!