MAC (Modern Air Combat) Discussion

LCUChap2016

• 2 weeks later...

I just noticed they have taken down the announcement trailer that was presented here: https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3565024&postcount=150

It was still available a few weeks ago. Now it isn't anymore.

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

• ED Team
I just noticed they have taken down the announcement trailer that was presented here: https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3565024&postcount=150

It was still available a few weeks ago. Now it isn't anymore.

The information in the thread and video was out of date so was removed.

When ED have new news they will let us all know.

Thanks

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Lots of wailing on this thread about MAC and how terrible it is that people want it and that it is being made. I've been waiting forever for MAC. I've stopped playing DCS because it takes too much time to master and I don't do multiplayer which the hardcore DCS players prefer. Most people polled on this site prefer SP because it is quicker and doesn't require the investment in time to become competitive online. MP with DCS is for a niche crowd.

I gravitated to DCS when they produced WWII modules, but even that is frustrating. Because of time constraints, I wanted to utilize instant action. But instant action automatically pits your WWII fighter against modern jets which results in getting shot down immediately. Why can't DCS have WWII instant action with strictly WWII A.I. against you automatically? That should be easy, but it is not available.

Anyway, I purchased all of the DCS terrains in anticipation of Modern Air Combat in 2018, but it didn't come out. Fingers crossed. I'm hoping it will arrive before the end of THIS year. It will be very late but very welcome. I will gladly purchase it as a standalone product even though it will mean I purchased all the DCS terrains for nothing.:noexpression:

To me it seems logical that MAC starts a huge controversy. Especially here in the DCS Wolrd forum.

Because it should. MAC is designed for another group of users.

Plainsman and others statet their legit view of things. Which I understand.

I hope though that not too many DCS users jump off to MAC and split the community. It would be a bad sign to the devs if less accuracy and less detail would sell more.

And I don't see how MAC can be a positive thing to dev-times of DCS products.

So I hope each side sees and respects the concerns and hopes of the other in this controversy.

I dont think so, community is already splitted between PvP multiplayer and "MILSIM" players.

Many play FC3 and full modules for PvP gameplay that needs stability and a "balance" which the actual DCS base cant give them.

Some of them are also complaining about some aircraft are OP or nerfed but they are just wanting to get thing as close as possible to RL.

Imagine give them a game which uses a stable DCS release with a balanced gameplay, dedicated servers , different maps ,etc.

That's their Christmas!

On the other hand DCS World can then move to have a better ATC , Dynamic Campaign , new Weather system,etc with the possible new income from selling MAC.

It's a WIN/WIN situation if they get it right.

Edited by beppe_goodoldrebel

FYI: ED and Wags each quietly removed the original 2018 MAC announcement videos from YouTube sometime in the last couple weeks.

You know, the ones whose description promised it would be a DCS-COMPATIBLE MODULE (NOT standalone), with discount for FC3 owners, and released in FALL 2018.

I wonder why they would remove such videos at all, never-mind why now?

Anybody know?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

My Setup: Vive Pro 2, RTX 3090, I7-11700K, VKB Gladiator II/K conversion, TWCS, TPR pedals, PlaySeat, SimShaker, VoiceAttack

Anybody know?

False information and marketing?

i7-8700k, 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 2x 2080S SLI 8GB, Oculus Rift S.

i7-8700k, 16GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 1080Ti 11GB, 27" 4K, 65" HDR 4K.

Anybody know?

Probably because it advertised a release in autumn 2018...

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

Tornado3 small.jpg

The information in the thread and video was out of date so was removed.

When ED have new news they will let us all know.

Thanks

Thank you Good Sir, but that is exactly the problem.

Why should we believe anything they say today, if they just delete the promises made in the past? Along with the interactive customer discussions around them....

If they really wanted to convey updated information and their reasons, then they should have simply edited the video description text to add a brief explanation, or even just pinned a comment to the top. You know, like every other YT content creator does. Two minutes and done.

It would have helped to build confidence and trust, in my opinion.

Instead.... well, here we are now, wondering what the heck is going on.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

My Setup: Vive Pro 2, RTX 3090, I7-11700K, VKB Gladiator II/K conversion, TWCS, TPR pedals, PlaySeat, SimShaker, VoiceAttack

Probably because it advertised a release in autumn 2018...

If being late was the real reason, then logically they should delete ALL of their announcement videos.... :lol:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• ED Team
Thank you Good Sir, but that is exactly the problem.

Why should we believe anything they say today, if they just delete the promises made in the past? Along with the interactive customer discussions around them....

If they really wanted to convey updated information and their reasons, then they should have simply edited the video description text to add a brief explanation, or even just pinned a comment to the top. You know, like every other YT content creator does. Two minutes and done.

It would have helped to build confidence and trust, in my opinion.

Instead.... well, here we are now, wondering what the heck is going on.

The video was taken down as it, obviously, was not current as far as information. A while a go, Wags did an interview on the subject and explained that it was becoming more than what it had started out to be. More features, more ability to be a standalone game. So for right now, we don't have a lot to share but more news will be coming.

I know its frustrating, and I am sorry it kind of got ahead of itself with the video and such, but I think most will be happy to see what it has become when the time to show more of it comes.

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png

You can. In DCS. As you know already MAC is being designed as a separate game. ED will communicate what aircraft will be present in MAC.

Intel i7-13700KF :: ROG STRIX Z790-A GAMING WIFI D4 :: Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB ::  MSI RTX 4080  Gaming X Trio  :: VKB Gunfighter MK.III MCG Ultimate :: VPC MongoosT-50 CM3 :: non-VR :: single player :: open beta

No. It means no one takes away FC3 from you.

That's good to know! I'm relieved now :thumbup:

Tornado3 small.jpg

I was just hoping MAC would loosely be an FC3 expansion, with remaining model updates, further improved integration/updating with DCS scripting on anything still LOMAC like Russian AAMs and even more flyables and AI aircraft/vehicles/ships.

Seems to me they already have a MAC in FC3 but it just needs some work to sit at home fully in DCSW, whether just some improved res on some of the models or a bug hunt to completely ensure all scripting is fully updated to DCSW standards.

Why would you split that off onto a standalone product when an FC3 reconstruction aims at exactly the same market with more benefits in every way?

Can FC3 owners keep the J-11A?

This might have changed, but Deka have previously said the J-11A is only included in FC3 as a test and may be removed at a later date if they improve the avionics.

no, currently, j-11a is added in fc3 more like a test purpose. If Deka has made an upgrade avionics of j-11a to make it diff from su-27. Then it would be probably removed from fc3 and become a standalone one. Things not determined yet. So if you don’t have fc3 but just want to try j-11a. Think more and wait more please.

FC3 actually didn't advertise to include j-11a. it's deka's request to put it in for test purpose and free, since now j11a avionics is a simple copy of su-27.

Deka wants to make some avionics update later, it costs their resource and time. Then it's quite normal to remove it from FC3 but become a standalone module or included in another pack (thing's still under planning and discussing).

It's impossible to make 11a full fidelity. So don't expect it anymore.

Source (uboats08 is in Deka):

Modern Air Combat News?

Any news on the status of Modern Air Combat?

Haven't really heard much on it lately. I know there's a lot of irons in the proverbial fire...F-16, Supercarrier, continuing evolvement of the Hornet...so, was wondering if there's any updates in MAC's status on it's progression?

"These are NOT 1 to 1 replicas of the real aircraft, there are countless compromises made on each of them" - Senior ED Member

Modules - Damn near all of them (no Christian Eagle or Yak)

System - i7-12700K, 64Gig DDR4 3200 RAM, RTX-3080, 3 32" monitors at 5760 x 1080, default settings of High (minor tweaks)