Apache600's Community Missions - Page 5 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 06-16-2019, 10:06 PM   #41
Home Fries

Thanks, Apache600.

We gave it a go last night. Started with 5 aircraft and shortly wound up with 3 (1 tomcat and 2 hornets) due to people dropping-off. We were still able to bag the targets and convoy at WP1, bag the HQ and vehicles at WP2, but with the Tomcat in an A/G role we didn't have the people to fend off the Tu-22s. That's where the fourth aircraft would have been nice, I guess. We continued to press after that (neither of the Nimitz class carriers were hit), but it got difficult when the tomcat went A/A and the SA-2 was preventing us from pushing north to engage bandits.

We had a great time, and I look forward to giving it another go. Hopefully we'll keep people online next time.

The average naval aviator, despite the sometimes swaggering exterior, is very much capable of such feelings as love, affection, intimacy, and caring.
These feelings just don't involve anyone else.

My DCS Files and Skins
My DCS TARGET Profile for Cougar or Warthog and MFDs
F-14B LANTIRN Guide
Home Fries is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2019, 07:53 PM   #42
Apache600
3rd Party Campaign Creator

@Home Fries, with only 3 guys plugging away at it, yeah that would be a bit difficult! I figured once the call of the Tu-22s came, that it would be a all hands on deck and get back to protect the fleet call (land and arm accordingly). There are some pesky SAMs out there which really do bog progress down a bit.
Looking forward to hearing how your second round of the mission goes.

The Museum Relic Campaign: --> http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=164322
Community Missions (SP & MP) --> https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=205546
Apache600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2019, 04:17 AM   #43
75th-VFS-Striker

What do you have to do to complete the scenario? We took out the Neutrashimy and the SA2 but there are no tasks after you take out the Tu22's. Or at least we did not get anything else.
32 GB Memory
Windows 7 Pro 64 Bit
75th-VFS-Striker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2019, 11:21 PM   #44
Apache600

@75th. You guys got pretty far. There's only one more "mission" after that one. But the one you are on, there's a couple things to complete. The briefing for that segment says to destroy the enemies on the island, and the two ships patrolling around it (you don't actually have to sink the enemy boats). Also, on the F10 map, a marker pops up with additional info. It says: "Destroy all enemy vehicles on the island, including those at the airport and surrounding the town, and also the two ships patrolling the waters around Abu Mesa."
Looking at my triggers, to complete this segment you have to Destroy the Stationary Ground Units, a group of patrolling Ground Units, 2 helo's flying around, and damage 3 of the SU-24's on the ramp. Concerning those stationary units, there are 7 small groups on the island. 4 of them spread around various parts, and 3 on the the airport.

Thanks for giving the mission a shot. Hope you guys enjoyed it.

Community Missions (SP & MP) --> https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=205546
Old 06-24-2019, 03:24 PM   #45
Home Fries

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apache600 View Post
Oh definitely! We played for 5+30 and totally lost track of time!

The average naval aviator, despite the sometimes swaggering exterior, is very much capable of such feelings as love, affection, intimacy, and caring.
These feelings just don't involve anyone else.

My DCS Files and Skins
My DCS TARGET Profile for Cougar or Warthog and MFDs
F-14B LANTIRN Guide
Home Fries is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2019, 03:46 PM   #46
75th-VFS-Striker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apache600 View Post
@75th. You guys got pretty far. There's only one more "mission" after that one. But the one you are on, there's a couple things to complete. The briefing for that segment says to destroy the enemies on the island..........

It's pretty fun. Homefries and the BVS fly with us so we were having a lot of fun with it but I never saw the message about the island stuff. Could you please check to make sure that it activates. I never looked for the marker you mentioned but we can try it again. We changed the fleet to the Eisenhower and used some scripts but it doesn't affect anything else in the mission. I'll PM you a copy so you can see what we did. We don't use Russian stuff since we're A-10, F-18 and F-14 primarily.
32 GB Memory
Windows 7 Pro 64 Bit

Last edited by 75th-VFS-Striker; 06-24-2019 at 04:32 PM.
Old 06-24-2019, 06:31 PM   #47
Apache600

I took a look at the mission file you sent. I like the placement of the Fleet .... might have to consider moving mine there.
Looking closely at the triggers, I can't see any discontinuity. Unfortunately, I think you guys just might have missed something on the island. In a future update, I'll include a update saying "Intel suggests that approximately 20% of the ground forces on the island remain." Or something along those lines just to give the players a sense of where they are in progression.
If you go to the Mission Editor, and just "unhide" the Apu Ground Units, Lappers, and light sam defense, you may see a group of targets there that you didn't see when flying.
Hope you guys figure out when the cause may have been. I've play tested this mission with a group a while back, and was able to progress to the last objective.

Old 06-25-2019, 03:43 AM   #48
75th-VFS-Striker

Yeah, I'm sure it's something we just missed and it was getting late. Great stuff though and thank you for all the effort!
32 GB Memory
Windows 7 Pro 64 Bit