Advice on how to control the A/C just after take off - Page 2 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 06-17-2019, 08:02 AM   #11
Badders46

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuzZoo View Post
Hey sorry, I just realised I made a very important typo. It is 1 notch down not 2. Good luck!
Not a problem at all thanks!

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
Badders46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2019, 01:03 AM   #12
Magic Zach

Honestly setting the trim to -1 seems a bit extreme. I set mine to +0.5. It's a personal preference though, so cheers
Old 06-18-2019, 03:55 AM   #13
MadCat1381

I believe that neutral position for the elevator trim is two notches up on the indicator (can anyone confirm this?) so one notch nose down would be on notch above the center marking on the indicator. That's where I trim the elevator to for take off and that works fine for me.

I trim the rudder full right but I've heard from others that they use less right rudder trim.
MadCat1381 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2019, 04:12 AM   #14
Magic Zach

By default, upon spawning in, the elevator trim is set for landing, actually, at +2. Takeoff setting is full right rudder, and elevator trim at neutral (middle of indicator), or slightly higher.
Old 06-18-2019, 12:44 PM   #15
Shahdoh

I have bad habits, in that I dont or at least rarely pre-trim the aircraft, and fly it with my own inputs on take off. This is bad, but it does let me feel more directly what the aircraft is trying to do so I put in the corresponding inputs to correct the situation. Then I trim it out once in the air. It works for me and have no trouble taking off or landing any of the WWII aircraft (to include 2 wheel landings in ANY of them without bouncing).

Applying proper trim from the get go minimizes the need for more extreme inputs for sure.
Shahdoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2019, 03:21 PM   #16
grafspee

i set trim slight lower then +1(thickens of the needle on elevator trim gage) than i dont need to use elevator for tail lift so only rudder and a little bit right ailerons.
spawn elevator trim looks like trim for landing but as every good pilot always set t/o trim again after landing you dont want to take off with landing trim or landing flaps set by accident its just for safety after landing configure plane for take off just a good habit if you fly by check lists than do as check list says but if you fly by memory then yes t/o configuration right after landing

Last edited by grafspee; 06-18-2019 at 03:27 PM.
grafspee is offline   Reply With Quote