• Replies 608
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi

it is possible to swipe between UFC and AMPCD

just swipe left/right between MDIs, to up for UFC and

to down for AMPCD on the same tablet

Intel Core i7 11700, 32 GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 4090, NVMe 3 TB, VR HP Reverb G2, Thrustmaster Warthog + pedals, Cougar MFDs, TrackIR, aInstruments

Would it be possible to be able to switch between different things by rotating the tablet? It'd be cool if there was an option to be able to view the CDU/ UFC in portrait mode and then instantly switch to the MFCDs by rotating the tablet to landscape. I have a portable simpit setup that I can mount to my desk and it's be cool to print a rotating mount for my tablet that I could just have in front of me.

Theoretically yes,

but it is not trivial - in which AC are you interested ?

I can image it with A10 so the rotation will distinguish between MFCDs and CDU by rotation but what about Hornet, there is UFC, 2xDDI and bottom is AMPCD, how to distinguish between them by rotation ?

Intel Core i7 11700, 32 GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 4090, NVMe 3 TB, VR HP Reverb G2, Thrustmaster Warthog + pedals, Cougar MFDs, TrackIR, aInstruments

Hi,

I will look at Mirage and if there isn't any problem with instruments export I will implement it within 2 weeks

Hi,

I don't have Kindle Fire,

but have measured square hole on Cougar MFD and it has 108 millimeters in diameter (square has rounded edges)

Edited by colo

• 2 weeks later...
Hi,

apologies if this has been asked before but are there any plans to add support for the M2000C Radar, Weapon or Nav panels ?

Was fighting with Weapon panel control, but today I have coded it successfully.

So to the end of week, aInstruments version 2.3 will be released with Mirage 2000C support (Radar, RWR and Weapon panel)

Nice !!! Thanks Colo !

Something that may be interresting (but may not be possible) should be to have the commands indicator (not sure of the name,, the little transparent window you display with r-ctrl enter).

It display the command axis, ... Really usefull for chopper. I do not even know if it can be moved on another screen.

image.png

06th Multirole Helicopter Regiment

Bataillon d'appui aérien - Escadrille HOG

Hi,

I have tested it with Ka-50 and it is possible,but configuration of axis window is chopper dependent, in which chopper are you interested most ?

Screen_190510_082323.thumb.jpg.4ef9cbab882edcdb5d3bfc6b3c1a28d5.jpg

Ah !!! Really really nice !!

Actually, I'm playing primary with the UH-1 & the Gazelle. But I'm also interrested with the KA-50 I also own.

If you can also export the ABRIS & Shkval of the KA-50, that would be really nice, but it's not as important for me right now as I'm waiting for ED to update the cockpit before playing again with this beast :)

Thanks for your kind effort & your great work !

image.png

06th Multirole Helicopter Regiment

Bataillon d'appui aérien - Escadrille HOG

I will try to implement axis screen in version 2.4 for UH-1

Regarding Ka-50:

Shkval and Abris are already implemented - just switch to Ka-50 on aInstruments and swipe up/down between them.

Thank you for your feedback !

Hi,

new version 2.3 is out:

- added M-2000C radar, RWR and weapon panel (lights under buttons and switch animation not yet implemented)

- revorked manual

- fixed freeze after saving changes in GUI autoconfig

- fixed mixed up width and height of playscreenarea in GUI autoconfig

- fixed wrong path to Viggen navigation template

- fixed wrong message for adding keybindings

- fixed bottom buttons not clearly visible on PC when connecting 3 tablets

- fixed selection of dual MFCD mode for AC which don't have 2 MFCD

Please note, that for correct function of A10 CDU, Hornet/Harrier UFC and Mirage WeaponPanel instruments, resolution of 300x150 pixels is recommended.

Tablet swipe logic of all instruments is attached below:

Swipe.thumb.png.9a58c7e3d880bd7a29fb3d4069a5508c.png

Edited by colo

• 2 weeks later...

Would it be possible to allow us to disable certain instruments entirely for certain aircraft? For example, I only need the UFC for the harrier and the hornet, and I only need the CDU for the A10C. The other exports for those aircraft are just an unnecessary burden on my computer and wifi.

Also, would it be possible to have the rotatable instruments auto rotate to match the device's orientation? Having to select it each time in the PC app (and reselect it if it messes up) is an annoyance.

The other exports for those aircraft are just an unnecessary burden on my computer and wifi

Yes, it is planned (due to another reasons) but not high priority because

1. currently, there are max of 3 instruments transferred at once, and only if you have 3 separate tablets for each instruments, so we are talking about 1 % of 50 Mbit/s WiFi throughput in the worst case scenario

2. desktop app requires 1-2 % of today average desktop CPU (i5)

So if you experience lags, it is almost always WiFi latency related or your tablet doesn't have enough processing power to feed transferred picture from network to its display.

Having to select it each time in the PC app (and reselect it if it messes up) is an annoyance.

Yes it is also planned, but please note that your rotation setting is remembered on desktop - so it is no need to reselect it, when you rotate tablet the same way (this option is mostly for people with cockpit with built-in tablets

• 5 weeks later...

Hi LGB,

thank you for purchasing aInstruments and for your feedback !

I will look at it and will fix it in next version.

Cheers colo

• 2 weeks later...

Hey colo,

while further testing I am unable to use the auto coordinate function. I changed the postition of the Mapx in the config.txt due to the fact I have a 4 monitor T- Setup. So according to the manual I should put 1920 in the config.

However after pressing the screen on my nexus7 tablet for more then 1 second in gets into a loop of pressing the number 2 button on the ufc an position. I have to close DCS to stop it.

Any ideas?

LGB

Hi LGB,

sorry for inconveniences.

1. please check if your UFC keybindings are correct - in DCS World, options, controls - they should be the same as described in aInstruments manual on page 19

2. you can try to increase sleep delays in aInstruments config.txt (so the numbers will be dialed slower) there are 2 variables:

- longSleep (default value 1000 ms) this is pause used for number confirmation

- sleep (default value 300 ms) this is pause used after number dialing

There are some fixes and new features WIP for next version 2.4 but I am unable to release it yet, because I am busy with finishing one military project. It will be released in the second part of July.

Cheers

colo

Hey Colo,

I made a step forward. Waypoints are now entered after I change the sleep value to 1000. However now instead of a E coordinate it enters W. North value is correct.

When I enter the 6, respectivly the Eastern value it enters it correctly only in Auto mode.

The Keybindings are correct. other than the mixed up i already mentioned.

Thanks anyway. I will wait then to the 2.4 version.

LGB

Hey LGB

are you flying in Nevada theater ?

I have quickly look into source code and have noticed that the app always enters Easting instead of Westing but you notice that it is opposite.

Strange, thank you for feedback

Cheers

colo

Hey LGB

are you flying in Nevada theater ?

I have quickly look into source code and have noticed that the app always enters Easting instead of Westing but you notice that it is opposite.

Strange, thank you for feedback

Cheers

colo

Hey Colo,

actually i was just flying Persian gulf and Caukasus. I did not check it in the Nevada theater.

Might be just a eastern vs western reversal.

cheers LGB

edit. ´´

so, ok. i check. somehow it is a mixup between E and W coordinates. Autofill will swap W in Caukaus and persian gulf maps with E coordinates, as supposed to be W in nevada areas.

Edited by LG_Barons

• 1 month later...
Hi LGB,

sorry for inconveniences.

There are some fixes and new features WIP for next version 2.4 but I am unable to release it yet, because I am busy with finishing one military project. It will be released in the second part of July.

Cheers

colo

Hey COLO, any updates on the update?:music_whistling:

I really like your program, especially the auto coordinate function.

Until now, as described above, it is not really usable for me.

Cheers LGB