Advanced Training mission # 5

Shortcut

Advanced Training mission # 5, Illumination Flare Employment. I've have done this mission 10 plus times the mission goes very well but every time I land and shut down the instructor gives me an unqualified rating. I cannot advance to mission #6. Is this the bug they talk about on YouTube? If so how can I get too mission #6?

13700K, MSI Z690 D4 Edge wifi, Swiftech H360X3 Cooling with Corsair Water Block, Gigabyte 4090 OC, G-Skill Z 3200mhz DDR4 @ 3333 CL16, Evga 850W G2 power supply, TM Warthog,  MFG Crosswinds Rudder, TrackIR 5, HP Reverb 2, Pimax Crystal

Thanks a lot! :thumbup:

Aorus Z390 Extreme MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.0 GHz | EVGA RTX 2080 Ti FTW3 Ultra | 32 GB G Skill Trident Z 3600 MHz CL14 DDR4 Ram | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler | Corsair TX 850M PS | Samsung 970 Evo Plus M.2 NVMe SSD 1TB |TMWH Hotas with VPC WarBRD Base| Corsair Gamer 570x Crystal Case | HP Reverb

Thanks! I'll give it a try tonight.

13700K, MSI Z690 D4 Edge wifi, Swiftech H360X3 Cooling with Corsair Water Block, Gigabyte 4090 OC, G-Skill Z 3200mhz DDR4 @ 3333 CL16, Evga 850W G2 power supply, TM Warthog,  MFG Crosswinds Rudder, TrackIR 5, HP Reverb 2, Pimax Crystal

I cannot get to mission #6 I set the Flares to 6000ft find all the targets and release the flares from 8000ft when I land I get Unsatisfactory and to re-fly the mission. If I try to fly at 6000ft I lose the CCRP sighs so no can do. I've flown this mission at lease 20 times but in the saved games/ DCS/ Mission Editor/ Logbook it only shows 5 missions flown. Is there anyway around this mission I'm flying it in my sleep.

I think you need to fly below 6000 ft and set SPI to target vehicle so that you can make CCRP work.

Or if you want to use steer point as SPI, you need to modify those waypoints altitude to lower value (such as 100 feet) using CDU.

Edited by D3Magic

13700k @5.6GHz | 32GB DDR4 4000MHz CL14 | ASUS Z690 TUF  | GIGABYTE RTX4090 Gaming OC | Samsung 970PRO 512G + 980PRO 2T

GIGABYTE M32U | HP Reverb G2

Warthog HOTAS | TPR | JetSeat | TrackIR5

Windows 11

Thanks, I've been getting the "Two Away". I think I will try to find that file and maybe come back to this one later. I would be nice if once you completed a mission in a you could redo it when ever you wanted.

The flares drop straight down as they don't have the same kinetic energy as a bomb so you are best to drop them when right over the target. You have to be within a 1nm radius of the target as well.

You also have to be below 6000' as the flares will burn out if dropped higher and above 5000' or you break the Hard Deck limit.

Press and hold the release button until you hear '2 Away' then keep it pressed down and if you are in the correct parameters you will hear "Well done! Target in sight".

Unfortunately ED removed the flares from the bomb in zone condition so the mission has to test for your altitude and location at weapon release to register a successful flare release over the target area.

We are updating the missions for the 2.5 release so we will try and improve the trigger mechanism for the flare release detection.

You can replay the missions using the mission editor and locating the folder that contains the mission files. Typically its: <your disk letter>:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World\Mods\campaigns\A-10C AAT

F-15C-User-Bar-ACM.v2.jpg

MapleFlagMissions - Read Our Blog for Updates

Thanks for your help. Can't wait for 2.5.

• 1 year later...

Hi! I need to play this mission today. There were changes since the last version of DCS (2.5) for this mission? Or i need fly at angles 6 and hold the launch botton for 3 seconds to complete the mission?

Thanks for your help. This campaign it's fabulous, so i hope the problems and bugs are solved.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Yes there were some updates made a few months back so make sure you are updated to the latest DCS patched version.

Drop below 6000' or a little lower but stay above the hard deck (5000') if you can.

Drop your flares when right over the target/wp. The flares have a parachute that deploys quickly so they tend to drop straight down. If you try and use the CCRP references they usually won't work.

Plus don't forget to hold the pickle button down for a few seconds (until you hear the pilot speak) to get the key press to register in the game engine.

F-15C-User-Bar-ACM.v2.jpg

MapleFlagMissions - Read Our Blog for Updates