[WIP] SD-10 and PL-5EII can guide towards shut down helis on the ground

dorianR666

Hello,

I found out that both AA missiles are able to guide towards shut down helicopters.

I put Mi-24 and Mi-26 on the ground on an airport, both with Uncontrolled checkbox checked (= they won't start their engines).

Then I shot SD-10s with no selected target (maddog mode) - all of them fly in front of me and then suddenly turn left towards the Mi-26 on the ground. Interestingly, they almost never hit the heli, only crash nearby.

Then I shot PL-5EII by uncaging them and putting the search pattern over the Mi-24 and Mi-26 - both catching the non-existent IR signature and guide when fired. Again, most of the times they just crash nearby the target.

That shouldn't be possible.

Interesting thing though: SD-10 guides towards shut down Mi-26 but not Mi-24. PL-5EII guides towards both. I haven't tested other helis.

Video:

Track:

None, sorry. DCS 2.5.6 doesn't allow me to save trackfiles because I get the debriefing error message (DCS core bug, already reported) which then kicks me out of the screen before being able to press the Save track button. As seen in the video. Log doesn't contain any errors, everything is normal.

However I attach the mission file, so you can check it yourself and perhaps make the track file yourself if you know how to bypass this problem.

jf17_missile_heli_bug.miz

Edited by uboats

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 1600X

GPU: AMD RX 580

... what about the SD-10 though?

The Hornet's AIM-120C behaves similar, though seems able to track the parked Mi-24V as well, if fired at a closer range (perhaps it's a RCS difference or something).

Either way it seems to be a core DCS issue, rather than on Deka.

i9 9900K @4.7GHz, 64GB DDR4, RTX4070 12GB, 1+2TB NVMe, 6+4TB HD, 4+1TB SSD, Winwing Orion 2 F-15EX Throttle + F-16EX Stick, TPR Pedals, TIR5, Win 10 Pro x64, 1920X1080