How do you get the Course Line of the Stennis?

Snacko

How do you get the Course Line of the Stennis? In Wag's Case I video he enters 000 for the course, but how do you find out the course of any carrier?

Also, in his video he enters Tacan 55x and sets his HSI to TCN and click the CRS switch and then there is a button for CSEL on the UFD. But I don't ever get that option on the UFD. CSEL never appears for me to enter any course line even if I knew it..

I tried contacting the Stennis and selecting Inbound and it said xxxx, Runway 11 to pattern altitude.. is that the carrier's course line? Is that how you normally get it?

EDIT: Hmm.. I flew parallel to the carrier and my heading was 240. So, 11 must not be it.

Edited by Snacko

Intel I9-10850K (OC @ 5.0ghz) │ Asus Maximus XII Hero │ G.Skill Ripjaws 64GB (4x16GB) DDR4 3200 │ Thermaltake Water 360mm
Gigabyte RTX 4090 Gaming OC 24gb │ 2TB M.2 EVO Pro; 1T M.2 EVO; Sandisk SSD Drives │ 49" Samsung Curved Widescreen │ 28" Touchscreen

- ҉ - Blackshark Cockpit Trainer - ҉ -    Thread   | Download

Easiest way is to check the F10 map, click the unit and the course should be displayed. Otherwise your going to have to rely on a briefings and scripts to provide the information, as the current ATC is pretty useless right now. Or like you did, fly alongside the carrier and check your own bearing.

For the CSEL option, the steps your describing are correct. You need to hold down the CRS switch for a couple of seconds, before CSEL will appear on the UFC.

This script is probably the best your going to find for comms and dynamic information, like BRC/Wind etc.

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=223672

Edited by Shadow.D.

Hold the switch!! Argg... got it! Thanks.

So in real life how would they get the course, since a carrier could be heading any direction?

But for now everyone uses the F10 map? Ok. Thanks once more!

Intel I9-10850K (OC @ 5.0ghz) │ Asus Maximus XII Hero │ G.Skill Ripjaws 64GB (4x16GB) DDR4 3200 │ Thermaltake Water 360mm
Gigabyte RTX 4090 Gaming OC 24gb │ 2TB M.2 EVO Pro; 1T M.2 EVO; Sandisk SSD Drives │ 49" Samsung Curved Widescreen │ 28" Touchscreen

- ҉ - Blackshark Cockpit Trainer - ҉ -    Thread   | Download

You find it on the F10 Map. Or if the mission builder put it in the description you can get it there as long as its a non changing course.

You hold your CSEL switch on the top right of the MFCD (Middle Screen) for a few seconds and CSEL appears on the UFC. You then just type in the course you want.

Hit reply late LOL.

Real life I would assume you just contact the carrier.