PLEASE update the caucasus airbases

flanker1

A lot of stuff which ED has done have questionable long time turn effect.

I too think it would have been better if NTTR is free and Caucasus paid. NTTR has the training and learning vive with it.... Only squadrons used it anyway... Except for that odd public server, which stays empty.

Don't even get my started on trainer aircraft

There may be other aircraft in future where NTTR becomes a fitting map, besides, NTTR could be expanded to the West Coast for all we know.

Updating Caucasus to a better, more realistic layout, would not incite purchases of map modules. There's a reason they don't keep plowing cash and time into improving Caucasus... tongue.gif

//Jarl

Ah nope, I don't think the prettier Caucasus would have had any impact on my decision to get the F/A-18C + Persian Gulf.

Besides, an update to a map it's assuming the whole map, not selective update to a map.

Edited by Worrazen

Modules: A-10C I/II, F/A-18C, Mig-21Bis, M-2000C, AJS-37, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, P-47, FC3, SC, CA, WW2AP, CE2. Terrains: NTTR, Normandy, Persian Gulf, Syria

There may be other aircraft in future where NTTR becomes a fitting map, besides, NTTR could be expanded to the West Coast for all we know.

Since Wags has repeatedly said that NTTR is done and will not be expanded, for all we know that is not going to happen.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

...Ah nope, I don't think the prettier Caucasus would have had any impact on my decision to get the F/A-18C + Persian Gulf...

So you just stated another reason for why they should _not_ throw away money on updating anything on Caucasus - People buy their other map-modules anyway ;)

Putting in more money in updating anything on Caucasus (other than bug-fixes) gives very bad ROI for ED. They did the 2.5 update, and that's about how much they can get out of it, IMO.

//Jarl

• 3 years later...

The OP's original post i agree with, as well as making building textures less bland and added variation in color of bldg.'s without a fps loss. Red brick, tan, yellow, maybe some green. The new updated lighting in PG map is nice, but while flying in daytime the landscape appears sterile imo. 

Screen_221113_125518.jpg

• Like 2

⁼ЅϮгаίϱϦϮеϗ цр, ϜІу ГϊϱϦϮ⁼

On 11/10/2018 at 6:44 AM, paradox64 said:
Texac said:
Because it's free.

No. I've got all maps but spend 99% of time on caucasus

Same here. Have everything. Almost entirely on Caucasus. It is by far the more interesting map, despite the dated graphics and ''ugly stepson'' treatment.

• Like 1

Де вороги, знайдуться козаки їх перемогти.

5800x3d * 3090 * 64gb * Reverb G2

Texture update helps a lot, as do Taz's trees (shoutout to Barthek and Taz, you guys are chef's kiss) but it needs new assets, too. The buildings are extremely dated (unsure if there's a mod for that), and in general the environment needs a pass overall.

• Like 2

Де вороги, знайдуться козаки їх перемогти.

5800x3d * 3090 * 64gb * Reverb G2