DCS Update Patch Notes Discussion Thread

NineLine

Correct ED want to get this as stable as possible before pushing to release version

memory leak is partially fixed, still some more work to do on it.

They are going hard at it, it seems BIGNEWY! I see another HOTFIX is coming today! :thumbup:

EDIT: I guess it's live now? AWESOME!

Intel i5-9600K @ 3.7GHz

Gigabyte Z370XP SLI Mobo

G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin DDR4

GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 2070 8GB 256-Bit GDDR6(Assume the latest driver version)

Thermaltake Water 3.0 Certified Liquid Cooling System

Windows 10 Professional

Oculus Rift-S /TrackIR 5 in case VR dies

Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog w/ Thrustmaster T-Flight Rudder Pedals

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ED Team
Are there any improvements regarding the memory leak? At least partially as BIGNEWY says?

Personally I am seeing improvement in my machine's performance during MP

But as I have mentioned more work is being done by ED on the memory leak.

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

which aspects of the game does the memory leak particularly affect? MP?

A memory leak will affect performance, and ultimately the ability of the program to continue running after "breaking" through the available memory buffer.

It's a pretty major bug, in any software application. Whether it is treated as such depends on its severity (i.e. how long you can play on a certain memory configuration without crashing etc.)

Current specs: Windows 10 Home 64bit, i5-9600K @ 3.7 Ghz, 32GB DDR4 RAM, 1TB Samsung EVO 860 M.2 SSD, GAINWARD RTX2060 6GB, Oculus Rift S, MS FFB2 Sidewinder + Warthog Throttle Quadrant, Saitek Pro rudder pedals.

A memory leak will affect performance, and ultimately the ability of the program to continue running after "breaking" through the available memory buffer.

It's a pretty major bug, in any software application. Whether it is treated as such depends on its severity (i.e. how long you can play on a certain memory configuration without crashing etc.)

Yes. But I was wondering where it is manifesting itself most in DCS.

Yes. But I was wondering where it is manifesting itself most in DCS.

Well its not like the previous versions of DCS were immune to these pesky leaks. They've been with us in one form or another for quite a while (depending on the build, patch version etc.)

From what experience Ive had with memory leaks in DCS they manifest themselves quickest usually in multiplayer, and or basically any time you entered a new server, mission etc. it would make the problem worse.

Current specs: Windows 10 Home 64bit, i5-9600K @ 3.7 Ghz, 32GB DDR4 RAM, 1TB Samsung EVO 860 M.2 SSD, GAINWARD RTX2060 6GB, Oculus Rift S, MS FFB2 Sidewinder + Warthog Throttle Quadrant, Saitek Pro rudder pedals.

Hey!, Did you noticed that in the last 2.5 update, ALL shadow shimmering from trees is totally gone??, wow, dont know what they did, but after a few seconds in, I instantly noticed that everything looked so much better in terms of image quality!, so I looked at tress and the projected shadows are perfectly still and with ZERO shimmering, like if the SMAA I use from reshade could now also smooth them...looks amazing...even the trees look better shadowed (though the ground under them still "shinning" at certain distance at the backlight).

MASSIVE improvement in image quality and even more, massive performance improvement for me at least!...I managed to fly through a valley at full settings (except shadows which are set at flat) WITH MIRRORS ON!! and got 60fps looking at both sides fulled with trees! (not possible before)...

Also for some reason, I would swear the trees are smaller in the mountais, but not sure...

Anyone else??

Thanks!!

EDIT:Ok, I think the reason for the increased performance is that trees are not render so far as before...when you zoom the view, they loaded almost to the infinite, now they dont render as far...:(

EDIT2: I can confirm that drawing distance is the same in external view...however, not form cockpit (when you zoom from the cockpit, objects are not being rendered at the same distance as zooming from external view) ...not sure if this is intended or not...can some of you confirm this?

Edited by watermanpc

Take a look at my MODS here

I don't want be rude... but seems that there are no progress on fixing lightning and other graphics problems like strange coloured fog and so on.... (I hope to be wrong)

2018-02-14 HOTFIX 3

• Updated several missions of UH-1H Argo Campaign.
  • Updated several missions of A-10C The Enemy Within Campaign.
  • MP anticheat. Speed relative explosion power is clamped to 500 m/s.
  • Controlled Ground units can pass through tunnel wall. Fixed.
  • Fixed issue with ground AI when given stop and resume triggers returns to previous WP instead of continuing the route.
  • UH-1H UN Campaign mission 2 trigger will working.
  • Fixed ME error me_map_window.lua in dynamic weather panel.
  • Sea waves animation will be works correctly from inside some cockpits.
  • Multiple flights starting on a FARP at the same time will not spawn on a player.
  • Tanker will be fill external tanks of aircraft.
  • B-17G ball turret will fire.
  • B-17G will attack enemy at second approach.
  • UH-1H: Fixed issue with barometric altimeters when atmospheric pressure below limit.
  • AI Radio. Fixed error in wMessage::buildSpeechQ appearing in some conditions.

DCS AV-8B N/A by RAZBAM

• Corrected empty fuel tank definition
  • Cockpit model improvements
  • External model improvements
  • Added EHSD Moving Map (Work-in-Progress)
  • Added TPOD laser ranging
  • Updated TPOD TDC movements
  • Updated TPOD target transfer
  • Corrected aircraft basic empty weight (slightly too low before)
  • Corrected aircraft basic empty roll inertia (too high before, creating incorrect roll response)
  • Corrected combat rating not allowed when nozzles not aft or gear down
  • Corrected very high altitude engine performance (>35000ft, was insufficient before)

DCS M-2000C by RAZBAM

• Improved pitch responsiveness
  • Improved AP responsiveness and control
  • Improved extreme angle of attack behavior
  • Improved engine malfunction modeling during in-flow loss
  • Controls indicator now also shows trim position (previously only shown during AP engagement)
  • Removed innacurate altitude limitations for AP engagement
  • Corrected nature of trim control sensitivity to be relative to framerate
  • Corrected nature of AP heading and trim control sensitivity to be relative to framerate
  • Corrected helmet visor animation and reversal between external and cockpit view
  • Corrected direction of trim indicator in controls indicator
  • Corrected innacurate pitch moment with airbrake deployment

I don't want be rude... but seems that there are no progress on fixing lightning and other graphics problems like strange coloured fog and so on.... (I hope to be wrong)
What's in the change logs is often just a portion of what has actually been fixed. There may be some improvements, visible or not, that aren't mentioned.

What's in the change logs is often just a portion of what has actually been fixed. There may be some improvements, visible or not, that aren't mentioned.

Yes, for example the Mirage 2000 got a Brand new Pilot's Manual :)

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

Any particular details, Mustang?

I think what happens is someone hits the ground at high speed. The faster they go, the bigger the explosion. If there is lag, they reach insane speeds and become a nuclear weapon.

Awaiting: DCS F-15C

Win 10 i5-9600KF 4.6 GHz 64 GB RAM RTX2080Ti 11GB -- Win 7 64 i5-6600K 3.6 GHz 32 GB RAM GTX970 4GB -- A-10C, F-5E, Su-27, F-15C, F-14B, F-16C missions in User Files

Some Bugs are easier to fix than others,

Some Bugs are higher Prioritized than others.

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

In reaction to asshats doing this

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=202138

MUSTANG those 2.5 trees are boring ..... !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

!

!

!

| VR goggles | Autopilot panel | Headtracker | TM HOTAS | G920 HOTAS | MS FFB 2 | Throttle Quadrants | 8600K | GTX 1080 | 64GB RAM| Win 10 x64 | Voicerecognition | 50" UHD TV monitor | 40" 1080p TV monitor | 2x 24" 1080p side monitors | 24" 1080p touchscreen |

• 2 weeks later...
Hm no update.

I guess they are in medieval like i am.:)

It's preventing me fom playing DCS as well atm, so I don't mind waiting a bit longer for the next update :D

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

Hm no update.

I guess they are in medieval like i am.:)

Over 140hrs of being Henry makes waiting on the next DCS 2.5 update easier. :music_whistling:

PC: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X | MSI Suprim GeForce 3090 TI | ASUS Prime X570-P | 128GB DDR4 3600 RAM | 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD | Win10 Pro 64bit

Gear: HP Reverb G2 | JetPad FSE | VKB Gunfighter Pro Mk.III w/ MCG Ultimate

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com

being Henry? splain, Lucy.

Henry is the main protagonist in Kingdom Come: Deliverance. A recently released game that is doing very well. No update this week really is unfortunate. Had hopes for some fixes to be deployed this week.