If You Could Have a "Fantasy" DCS Module...

Zakatak

Not sure whether to put this in chit chat or wishlist, so I flipped a coin and it landed here. Anyway, if you could have a fictional DCS module, what would it be? Remember X-wing vs. TIE Fighter? Same idea. A movie, a game, a book, a television show, whatever you want.

If I had to make a study sim of anything, it would be definitely be Mechwarrior. Likely the Vulture, although Thor would offer much more interesting gameplay since it works at all ranges. Knowing how to ramp start a fusion reactor and utilizing LRM-20's would be awesome.

Vulture is the main characters mech in both of these intros, if you want an idea. Enjoy pre-2000's cheesiness. Skip ahead a little.

Zakatak I never could get into mechs. But I will admit I LOVE Front Mission 3 (and to a lesser extent 4). Mechwarrior anything like those (as in do they have a stratagy based version)? I saw that Mechwarrior controller for XBox. It was monsterous. If they made that for PC I would definitely give it a go (even if it DOES cost $200). I think DCS Starship Enterprise or DCS Voyager would be neat (since you stated X-Wing I figured we could go the fantasy sci-fi route). I also think DCS Destroyer or DCS Submarine would be cool (back to the real world). How about DCS Abrams or DCS T90 (or at least a T72)? I think we all know this is pie in the sky though .

Edited by ZQuickSilverZ

I need, I need, I need... What about my wants? QuickSilver original.

"Off with his job" Mr Burns on the Simpsons.

"I've seen steering wheels / arcade sticks / flight sticks for over a hundred dollars; why be surprised at a 150 dollar item that includes the complexities of this controller?! It has BLINKY LIGHTS!!" author unknown.

These titles are listed in the chronological order I purchased them.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I took the liberty to move it. :P

I'd probably go for DCS:Galactica. Vipers and Raptors are nice and all, but I'd love a detailed simulation of just commanding the big one. No need for detailing every tiny station, just the command position but with a detailed systems model in the background.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Daniel "EtherealN" Agorander | Даниэль "эфирныйн" Агорандер

Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4GHz, ASUS Sabertooth P67, 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz, ASUS GTX 560Ti DirectCU II 1GB, Samsung 830series 512GB SSD, Corsair AX850w, two BENQ screens and TM HOTAS Warthog

DCS: A-10C Warthog FAQ | DCS: P-51D FAQ | Remember to read the Forum Rules |

|
| Life of a Game Tester

I took the liberty to move it. :P

I'd probably go for DCS:Galactica. Vipers and Raptors are nice and all, but I'd love a detailed simulation of just commanding the big one. No need for detailing every tiny station, just the command position but with a detailed systems model in the background.

Holy sheeeeit, imagine replaying this scene in the Battlestar Galactica?

DAMN!

Nha, Armored Core 4 or Gundam, or even better a nice Macross Model that is more like the planes we actually see in real life

Edited by Shinigami

La guerra, asi como es madrastra de los cobardes, es madre de los valientes.

Cervantes.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

No Gundam please, don't really how you could make a sim about something as ridiculous as that. Mechs don't fly in space with giant swords.

Pretty much anything Colonial from BSG would be fun to fly. Viper Mark II or the Raptor.

Hmm Itś hard to make a study sim of a "aircraft" that doesn exist so instead If I had a choice it would be clearly MI24-Hind for shizzle. Thats pretty much unklikely than the millenium falcon so why not.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

11 replies and no one has thought of...:

The Millennium Falcon

Cheatcode: Wookiepelt

Millenium Falcon unlocked!

Can't believe I remember that. I remember the code "chicken" would give you an AT-ST aswell.

967182.jpg

Although a sim for Jango Fett's ship wouldn't be so bad either. Though I would still take a Viper MkII sim over all others.

kg_cg_viper_mk2-020.jpg

Mitchell-Hyundyne SA-32 Thunderbolt Starfury for the win! (http://babylon5.wikia.com/wiki/SA-23J_Mitchell-Hyundyne_Starfury_%22Thunderbolt%22)

What I wouldn't give for a space combat simulator with true-to-life Newtonian physics (IE, properly modelled inertia). Some decent footage of what I mean at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wb2D331Jn7I. Pugachev's got nothing on the crazy maneuvers a space fighter is (should be) capable of.

DCS: FFR-41MR or FRX-00

DCS: FFR-41MR/FRX-00 Mave

:pilotfly:

FRX-00 is UAV variant of FFR-41MR.

This fictional aircraft has been aerodynamically tested by Japanese engineers in the wind tunnel and proven to be very effective yet unreachable for current technology.

UAV prototype designed to replace the Super Sylph and human pilots for tactical reconnaissance, during a test flight, the Yukikaze AI is transferred to the FRX-00. In order to control this AI, a cockpit and limiters were installed for human use. Its equipment consist of a 20 mm Vulcan cannon, 6 hardpoints, (2 in the rear fuselage and 4 in the wings) and one hardpoint for jettisonable fuel tank under the fuselage. The FFR-41 also has a device on board that causes its skin to begin glowing and flashing in the same manner as a JAM fighter, which makes it difficult for JAM units to recognize it as an enemy unit (essentially, IFF spoofing).

An interesting facet of the Mave's design is the complete separation of the primary lifting surface from the main body. The forward swept wings are able to rotate 360 degrees on a free-axis joint against the primary airframe (theoretically allowing the Mave to pivot its payload at low-airspeeds in any direction up or down). The wings also have the ability to rotate 40 degrees downward, parallel with the body or up to 100 degrees upward, inward against the body. By using a combination of the two, new aerodynamic profiles can be created, such as the total inversion of the primary wing surfaces from a forward swept wing to an upside down configuration of delta-wings (As seen in episode 4). During this, it shouldbe noted that the same weapon rails positioned beneath the wing are also positioned above the wing so the loadout of the Mave can potentially be increased a further two though this would result in new stress problems for the air-frame. These overwing stations can be dual-rail pylons unlike single-rail on past fighters like the English Electric Lightning or the SEPECAT Jaguar. In addition two small stations are alongside the center station which can be used for two short range Air-to-air missile. In a pure Combat air patrol mission 6 short range missiles, 4 long range missiles, and 3 fuel tanks can be equipped.

For reconnaissance missions it is equipped with several optical sensors arranged under the main fuselage, a homage to the RF-4C Phantom II.

For special missions a solid-state laser pod was developed for the unmanned FRX-99 Rafe which can be modified for the Mave if needed.

* Accommodation: Two (FFR-41); Zero (FRX-00)

* Length: 18.0 meters

* Wingspan: 14.52 meters

* Height: 6.28 meters

* Weight: standard takeoff weight 11, 860 kilograms; maximum takeoff weight 34, 220 kilograms

* Powerplant type: FNX-5011-D-20 Phoenix Mk XI turbofan x 2, later refitted with FNX-5011-D[VC] x 2

* Powerplant output: 10, 220 kilograms; afterburner 14, 930 kilograms

* Speed:

o Cruise Speed: Mach 1.75 (altitude 17, 700 meters)

o Maximum Speed: Mach 3.3 (altitude 17, 700 meters)

* Fuselage Load Limit: 9 G +

* Maximum altitude: 24, 800 meters

* Armament: 20 mm Vulcan cannon x 1; 1 x wet center station; 2 x off-center stations; 2 x wet inner-wing stations; 2 x outer-wing station; 2 overwing stations

* Fuel:

o Internal: 9,000 lb (4,100 kg)

o External: center fuel-tank 4,700 lb (2,100 kg); wing fuel-tank 3,000 lb (1,400 kg)

Yukikaze_FFR_41MR_FRX_00_Mave_by_bagera3005.png

Queen_of_wind_by_kotori_toi.jpg

Edited by Shaman

51PVO Founding member (DEC2007-)

100KIAP Founding member (DEC2018-)

:: Shaman aka [100☭] Shamansky

tail# 44 or 444

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] 100KIAP Regiment Early Warning & Control officer

DCS: FFR-31MR Super Sylph

DCS: FFR-31MR Super Sylph

Bloody_road_by_kotori_toi.jpg

51PVO Founding member (DEC2007-)

100KIAP Founding member (DEC2018-)

:: Shaman aka [100☭] Shamansky

tail# 44 or 444

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] 100KIAP Regiment Early Warning & Control officer

DCS: Independence Day

Features:

Advanced Will Smith jargon

Dynamic Bill Pulman speeches

built to the Jeff Goldblum standard.

Edited by Grimes

The right man in the wrong place makes all the difference in the world.

Current Projects:  Grayflag ServerScripting Wiki

Useful Links: Mission Scripting Tools MIST-(GitHub) MIST-(Thread)

SLMOD, Wiki wishlist, Mission Editing Wiki!, Mission Building Forum

DCS: Executor Class Destroyer.

imperial_star_destroyer.jpg

Riptide, where have I heard that...

Hmmm...

Were you a member of FlightSimWould/FS2004 forums like 2 years ago? It would be retarded if you remembered me but I think my name was 3rdWire.

DCS: Keira Knightley

Are you ready to get hot?

keiraknightleyz.jpg

Spoiler

AMD Ryzen 9 5900X, MSI MEG X570 UNIFY (AM4, AMD X570, ATX), Noctua NH-DH14, EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti XC3 ULTRA, Seasonic Focus PX (850W), Kingston HyperX 240GB, Samsung 970 EVO Plus (1000GB, M.2 2280), 32GB G.Skill Trident Z Neo DDR4-3600 DIMM CL16, Cooler Master 932 HAF, Samsung Odyssey G5; 34", Win 10 X64 Pro, Track IR, TM Warthog, TM MFDs, Saitek Pro Flight Rudders

DCS: MiG-28

Good one!

Spoiler

AMD Ryzen 9 5900X, MSI MEG X570 UNIFY (AM4, AMD X570, ATX), Noctua NH-DH14, EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti XC3 ULTRA, Seasonic Focus PX (850W), Kingston HyperX 240GB, Samsung 970 EVO Plus (1000GB, M.2 2280), 32GB G.Skill Trident Z Neo DDR4-3600 DIMM CL16, Cooler Master 932 HAF, Samsung Odyssey G5; 34", Win 10 X64 Pro, Track IR, TM Warthog, TM MFDs, Saitek Pro Flight Rudders