Possible Aircraft shake when GAU-8 is Fired ?

[VAF] Shocker

Don't think so really, the HUD is collimated..

I'm talking about the device that is inside the dash and actually projects the HUD image onto the glass. If the airframe shakes, wouldn't that device shake as well?

Also LOL at the idiots on YouTube who can't tell the difference between real footage and game footage.

Edited by Nealius

Well, if there is vibration, I would imagine that it would be in excess of 60 cycles/second and if the amplitude were small enough you might not see it.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

I'm sure the GAU has some type of vibration absorption built in. It might slow the plane some but the vibration would be similar to a car motor. You don't feel the vibrations as the cylinders fire in a car.

Asus Sabertooth P67 Motherboard 2600k CPU, 16 gig DDR3, 1600. Samsung 830, 256 gig hard drive,

GTX780 Video Card, Warthog Hotas, Razer Mamba mouse. Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals. Trackir 5, Verizon FIOS 25Meg Up/Down

you can always select the key combination for the head shaking inside cockpit

before firing the gun...is not much but it is something

the real hog pilots can even -smell- the gun:D

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]W10(64bit)Asus Rog Strix Z370-F - i7 8700K - Dark Rock Pro 4 - 16 giga ram Corsair vengeance 3000 - MSI RTX 2070 Super - Asus Rog Phobeus soundcard - Z906 Surround speaker - Track ir5 - HOTAS Warthog

you can always select the key combination for the head shaking inside cockpit

before firing the gun...is not much but it is something

the real hog pilots can even -smell- the gun:D

I set up a trigger via USB. Everytime I pull the trigger for the GAU-8, it sens a small pulse to a small brass bowl here on my desktop. Put a small amount of gunpowder in it. Gets the room smelling REAL Nice :)

You do understand that speed washes out any recoil and vibration from the gun.

AWAITING ED NEW DAMAGE MODEL IMPLEMENTATION FOR WW2 BIRDS

Fat T is above, thin T is below. Long T is faster, Short T is slower. Open triangle is AWACS, closed triangle is your own sensors. Double dash is friendly, Single dash is enemy. Circle is friendly. Strobe is jammer. Strobe to dash is under 35 km. HDD is 7 times range key. Radar to 160 km, IRST to 10 km. Stay low, but never slow.

You do understand that speed washes out any recoil and vibration from the gun.

Please elaborate. :huh:

Edited by cichlidfan

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

With the "enable head movement by g-force" option enabled you can definitely descern a subltle shaking when firing the gun.

It's the most apparent looking at the outside edge of the viewpoint, if that makes any sense.

System specifications: Computer, joystick, DCS world, Beer

Please elaborate. :huh:

:thumbup: I think the aircraft velocity on final (add to that the stabilization by PAC-1) removes the gun shake simply because the gun is below the pilot and the recoil is overrun by the engines thrust.

AWAITING ED NEW DAMAGE MODEL IMPLEMENTATION FOR WW2 BIRDS

Fat T is above, thin T is below. Long T is faster, Short T is slower. Open triangle is AWACS, closed triangle is your own sensors. Double dash is friendly, Single dash is enemy. Circle is friendly. Strobe is jammer. Strobe to dash is under 35 km. HDD is 7 times range key. Radar to 160 km, IRST to 10 km. Stay low, but never slow.

Of course there is something going on ...

But if you can also see it with your own eyes while sitting in the aircraft , there is sure something wrong with your neck and the natural ability of your brain to cancel out this shaking.

Please make a simple test next time you you wash your cloth:

First just simply sit on the washing machine while it is in a high spin ...and than press your head directly against it ,to see why the camera shakes.

:)

Serious:

Simulating such vibrations via visuals is plain wrong.

Get a buttkicker instead.

Edited by PeterP

The camera amplifies the vibration.

+1 I think it just doesn't worth it to implement it. Of course you feel a shaking but I hardly think it's really noticeable, it must be an high frequency vibration and if you're based on the camera motion that can be pretty wrong cause it may absorb the vibration differently. Well it's hard to know, I have never fired the gatling personally lol

Strike Posture Set CAS Center of Excellence

Intel Core i5 4690k @4,6Ghz, Gigabyte GTX 970 OC, Gigabyte Z97-X, 16GB G Skill Sniper @2400, Samsung 860/850 EVO , Win 10 64 bits, Dual monitors 27"@144"Opentrack + TM Warthog + Saitek pro flight combat