DCS Update Patch Notes Discussion Thread

NineLine

Still bugged after i tested it. (Worked fine on initial hookup, came around after one pass, landed, tried connecting to CAT 3 and got thrown).

Can’t believe no one else is talking about it... and hasn’t been acknowledged or fixed by ED.

TM Warthog, Oculus Rift, Win10...

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Still bugged after i tested it. (Worked fine on initial hookup, came around after one pass, landed, tried connecting to CAT 3 and got thrown).

Can’t believe no one else is talking about it... and hasn’t been acknowledged or fixed by ED.

I've tried for many hours, but couldn't reproduce that bug. :dunno:

Do not expect fairness.

The times of chivalry and fair competition are long gone.

Strange, but Fair enough. Thanks for the response. Maybe some track files are in order if this is isn’t an issue across the board for everyone.

But I just tried to connect to a random MP server (DDA Training srvr), immediately spawned into Hornet, taxied over to CAT 3 (second catapult from port/left side), lowered launch bar, hit “U”, and BOOM! -> thrown about three planes length forward and to the right, collapsing my nose gear.

Here's a link to thread with my track file:

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=263442&page=3

Edited by Sickdog
Just tried a random server test. Second edit -linkl to my track

TM Warthog, Oculus Rift, Win10...

Will be interested to see if some of the mods work with the new update.

If the modders keep up with the development cycle, why not?

PC: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X | MSI Suprim GeForce 3090 TI | ASUS Prime X570-P | 128GB DDR4 3600 RAM | 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD | Win10 Pro 64bit

Gear: HP Reverb G2 | JetPad FSE | VKB Gunfighter Pro Mk.III w/ MCG Ultimate

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com

If the modders keep up with the development cycle, why not?

well it does seem that some option methodology has changed (view changes in lua files in saved games folder, server nickname in server config file to name a couple - there are probably more), but there seems to be nothing in patch notes or otherwise that tells about it. also, it seems the update has overwritten some settings that were set in the game which probably should not happen (civilian traffic level is one we noticed in our group - we *think*), or at least a warning about what is being set and to what.

Great update. Hangs up on loading screen, just music playing on background.

Seriously, this whole game is such a mess.

Maybe you should post in the bug report and show your system specs.

No one knows if your system is inadequate to handle DCS? :dunno:

Intel i5-9600K @ 3.7GHz

Gigabyte Z370XP SLI Mobo

G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin DDR4

GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 2070 8GB 256-Bit GDDR6(Assume the latest driver version)

Thermaltake Water 3.0 Certified Liquid Cooling System

Windows 10 Professional

Oculus Rift-S /TrackIR 5 in case VR dies

Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog w/ Thrustmaster T-Flight Rudder Pedals

Yep, same here.

Alienware New Aurora R15 | Windows® 11 Home Premium | 64bit, 13thGen Intel(R) Core(TM) i9 13900KF(24-Core, 68MB|  NVIDIA(R) GeForce RTX(TM) 4090, 24GB GDDR6X | 1 X 2TB SSD, 1X 1TB SSD | 64GB, 2x32GB, DDR5, 4800MHz | 1350W PSU, Alienware Cryo-tech (TM) Edition CPU Liquid Cooling  power supply | G2 Rverb VR

• ED Team

If you have crashes post your logs in the bug section of the forum we will look at the data.

https://forums.eagle.ru/forumdisplay.php?f=444

Thanks

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Now I can't even fire up the dedicated server ????

Sent the crash report.

Lets see what happens with the Gaming Rig when the client has finished updating...

I know you guys are working hard, not having a whinge, just letting you know.

The Flying Kiwis (TFK)

Ryzen 5600X on water, RX6800, 32GB 3200, m.2 boot, 2TB EVO,  Rift S, Warthog HOTAS + TFRP, flight chair with bass shakers.

AH-64D || A-10IIC || F/A-18C || UH-1 || F-16C || Mig-29 || Spitfire mk.ix || Fw190A8 || Fw190D9 || P-51D || Ka-50 || Mi-8 || Mi-24P || bf109k-4 || P-47 || Mosquito || Combined Arms

Persian Gulf || Normandy || Nevada || Syria

Supercarrier || NS430

If you have crashes post your logs in the bug section of the forum we will look at the data.

https://forums.eagle.ru/forumdisplay.php?f=444

Thanks

what about the server and memory leak? it does not crash, but is unplayable. settings we can turn on to try and help diagnose? FWIW, there are a LOT of ERROR: can't find proto error messages in the server logs. also, in reviewing our server's logs they just stop after the 3rd person connects - no error entries at that point or after.

Edited by hlfritz
added info

The client is at least working for me, but not the server.

The Black Shark cockpit looks awesome and I notice there is some nice new rotor chop sounds. When I land, along with the usual XX landed here message I get "main:" over on the top left and "Ststic1" over on the top right.

The Flying Kiwis (TFK)

Ryzen 5600X on water, RX6800, 32GB 3200, m.2 boot, 2TB EVO,  Rift S, Warthog HOTAS + TFRP, flight chair with bass shakers.

AH-64D || A-10IIC || F/A-18C || UH-1 || F-16C || Mig-29 || Spitfire mk.ix || Fw190A8 || Fw190D9 || P-51D || Ka-50 || Mi-8 || Mi-24P || bf109k-4 || P-47 || Mosquito || Combined Arms

Persian Gulf || Normandy || Nevada || Syria

Supercarrier || NS430

Fantastic ... this is the best news :D ... thanks ED.

Gorgeous manual ... 152 MB vs 15 MB .. 384 pages vs 252 ... most of the additional pages are on the Mission Editor section :)

May I suggest that ED updates the manual that is at Steam:

https://store.steampowered.com/manual/223750

and at ED's own web:

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/downloads/documentation/dcs_user_manual/

Thanks a lot, I just love to have reference manuals available and up to date :D

Eduardo

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

Gorgeous manual ... 152 MB vs 15 MB .. 384 pages vs 252 ... most of the additional pages are on the Mission Editor section :)

and at ED's own web:

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/downloads/documentation/dcs_user_manual/

Thanks a lot, I just love to have reference manuals available and up to date :D

Eduardo

Yes , please ! I prefer to read manuals on a tablet .

9700k @ stock , Aorus Pro Z390 wifi , 32gb 3200 mhz CL16 , 1tb EVO 970 , MSI RX 6800XT Gaming X TRIO , Seasonic Prime 850w Gold , Coolermaster H500m , Noctua NH-D15S , CH Pro throttle and T50CM2/WarBrD base on Foxxmounts , CH pedals , Reverb G2v2

With new update, the performance is the same (stuttering fest specially in caucasus using TV sensors or IR in A-10, K-50 and F-18). How is possible to have 20 or 30% performance lost and stuttering in loading terrain (causcauss specially). I don´t understand.

In addition, rendering in one eye in VR continues, it distracts a lot (however, great lighting at night)

I hope that stable version will recover the performance lost, at least, the same we had in 2.5.5. Now most missions are completely unplayable.

Yes, clean version, deleted metashaders and fxo, top end PC specs, etc..

I uninstalled and re installed the game twice and same problem, the game crashes when I enter my credentials the game crashes

EVERY.SINGLE.TIME

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I go by 'Gryphon' on MP. Intel Core i7 9700K OC 5GB. 32GB DDR4 4300Mhz Crucial RGB Ballistix OC. Corsair Hydro Series H100. ASUS ROG STRIX Z390-F. EVGA NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070 8GB OC. * 2 Samsung 970 EVO PLUS 500GB. Seagate 1TB 3.5" SATA3 FireCuda SSHD. TMaster T.16000m FCS HOTAS. Track IR.

any solution?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I go by 'Gryphon' on MP. Intel Core i7 9700K OC 5GB. 32GB DDR4 4300Mhz Crucial RGB Ballistix OC. Corsair Hydro Series H100. ASUS ROG STRIX Z390-F. EVGA NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070 8GB OC. * 2 Samsung 970 EVO PLUS 500GB. Seagate 1TB 3.5" SATA3 FireCuda SSHD. TMaster T.16000m FCS HOTAS. Track IR.