DCS Update Patch Notes Discussion Thread

NineLine

Something fishy here. I also wrote 43505 in the title of one of my posts, only to see later that it was wrong. I initially blamed it on a typo / poor eyesight, as I copied the number off the main menu screen.

Maybe I had copied it correctly after all, and it's changed since?

Yeah I did the same. Just copy/paste and now I see is 03 instead of 05

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Was there even an official announcement of the roll back? Is it just steam, or both steam and the normal version? Did they suggest when the update will be re-issued? I can't find any official statement. I've clicked through several forums and threads and I'm tired of hunting this crap down.

Banner EDForum2020.jpg

Was there even an official announcement of the roll back? Is it just steam, or both steam and the normal version? Did they suggest when the update will be re-issued? I can't find any official statement. I've clicked through several forums and threads and I'm tired of hunting this crap down.

Haven’t seen an official statement. I don’t use Steam, as it takes a performance hit (VR user here). I use Standalone, and have not been promoted to roll back when starting DCS, while SkateZilla has a tool to rollback to different versions - I haven’t bothered. 2.5.6 is broken in several regards, but personally, I am continuing to test things and try to assist for future releases/fixes.

Cheers,

Don

i7 6700 @4ghz, 32GB HyperX Fury ddr4-2133 ram, GTX980, Oculus Rift CV1, 2x1TB SSD drives (one solely for DCS OpenBeta standalone) Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Cougar MFDs

Airframes: A10C, A10CII, F/A-18C, F-14B, F-16C, UH=1H, FC3. Modules: Combined Arms, Supercarrier. Terrains: Persian Gulf, Nevada NTTR, Syria

Haven’t seen an official statement. I don’t use Steam, as it takes a performance hit (VR user here). I use Standalone, and have not been promoted to roll back when starting DCS, while SkateZilla has a tool to rollback to different versions - I haven’t bothered. 2.5.6 is broken in several regards, but personally, I am continuing to test things and try to assist for future releases/fixes.

Cheers,

Don

Hi!

Do you have any proof of this performance hit on Steam in VR?

I'm asking, because I'd like to win some fps :D

BR

AG

Hi!

Do you have any proof of this performance hit on Steam in VR?

I'm asking, because I'd like to win some fps :D

BR

AG

I use Oculus Rift CV1. Originally used Steam, which then launches SteamVR, on top of having to have Oculus software open, then DCS software. Using standalone, only requires Oculus and DCS software. Instantly frees up resources of your PC. I don’t recall the exact FPS increase, but it was between 5-10 FPS. Take into account that FPS increase, along with reduction of CPU and RAM usage of the additional software running while using Steam, equals more performance. Then you can use Oculus Tray Tool to further extract performance gains. I use OTT for super sampling (1.2), disable selective USB suspend, disable oculus mirror, disable Rift power management and probably forgot something else in there.....

Cheers,

Don

Edited by Ziptie

i7 6700 @4ghz, 32GB HyperX Fury ddr4-2133 ram, GTX980, Oculus Rift CV1, 2x1TB SSD drives (one solely for DCS OpenBeta standalone) Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Cougar MFDs

Airframes: A10C, A10CII, F/A-18C, F-14B, F-16C, UH=1H, FC3. Modules: Combined Arms, Supercarrier. Terrains: Persian Gulf, Nevada NTTR, Syria

Had a few mates say they actually had an improvement with steam - on Oculus.

Not my experience, certainly on a “busier” server like one of the ones I have flown with you, in terms of players and/or environment. Single player, marginal. At the end of the day, the more programs running, taking CPU, GPU and RAM - the more resources are being utilized from a system.

Cheers,

Don

Not entirely true,

What is this for?,

users/yourname/appdata/local/temp/DCS.openbeta

The Temp folder holds "temporary" files. As said correctly, you can move the DCS program folder and it creates the necessary structure and defaults in your user files if not present. BUT if you have older modules that use StarForce protection, you need to deactivate/reactivate the license if you move to an unauthorized PC. On the same system the activation should be working for all installs no matter where.

Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -:pilotfly:

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VPForce Rhino Base & VIRPIL T50 CM2 Stick on 200mm curved extension | VIRPIL T50 CM2 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

I use Oculus Rift CV1. Originally used Steam, which then launches SteamVR, on top of having to have Oculus software open, then DCS software. Using standalone, only requires Oculus and DCS software. Instantly frees up resources of your PC. I don’t recall the exact FPS increase, but it was between 5-10 FPS. Take into account that FPS increase, along with reduction of CPU and RAM usage of the additional software running while using Steam, equals more performance. Then you can use Oculus Tray Tool to further extract performance gains. I use OTT for super sampling (1.2), disable selective USB suspend, disable oculus mirror, disable Rift power management and probably forgot something else in there.....

Cheers,

Don

Alrthough that is all true, it is not really relevant as it depends on the resources available whether a process has an effect or not on performance.

SteamVR uses 500Mb of system RAM and Steam a measly 120Mb. In terms of CPU, SteamVR uses 1.1% and Steam 0.1% when I checked whilst running DCS in VR.

With all due respect, I don't accept your 5-10fps Steam overhead. It's pretty negligible I think.

Intel i7 12700K · MSI Gaming X Trio RTX 4090 · ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-A Wi-Fi · MSI 32" MPG321UR QD · Samsung 970 500Gb M.2 NVMe · 2 x Samsung 850 Evo 1Tb · 2Tb HDD · 32Gb Corsair Vengance 3000MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · Tobii Eye Tracker 5 · Thrustmaster F/A-18 Hornet Grip · Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Base · Virpil Throttle MT-50 CM3 · Virpil Alpha Prime Grip · Virpil Control Panel 2 · Thrustmaster F-16 MFDs · HTC Vive Pro 2 · Total Controls Multifunction Button Box

Very strange people have issues with 2.5.6 but I have much better performance. Before it was a nightmare to join a server and now it is very fast. When using F2 view camera my game stuck and it take time to load terrain. Now it is butter smooth.

I thing this is due to differences in hardware. Some people have gained performance and some lost. By the way thank you ED for new lighting and water.

Win10, Intel 3rd Gen. Core i7 3.8Ghz, 20GB ram, Nvidia Geforce 1060 6GB Opentrack (Download it from HERE), PS3 Eye, Saitek x52-pro Joystick,

DIY Rudder Pedals,

Google Cardboard with DCS World

English is not my native language

>> I thing this is due to differences in hardware. Some people have gained performance and some lost.

That doesn't make any sense. My hardware is significantly better than yours so my experience should be even better, if the new code introduced performance improvements. That hasn't happened. There is something else going on here.

PC specs:

• ED Team

Hi all

Just to let you know we will likely see a steam update first with a fix for not starting issue.

We are planning another patch for 2.5.6 this week

thank you for your patience.

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Hi everyone,

Quick question on the new Beta update 2.5.6 and 3rd party files. In the previous patch I had a new sound mod for the FA-18 C installed and during 2.5.6 update I backed up the sound mod. Now DCS_OpenBeta shows me a new "Sounds.edc" folder (with a lot of subfolders numbered) and the backed up files folders.

It looks like the original F-18 soundpack is playing now: how can I have the mod running again?

Thanks

Hi everyone,

Quick question on the new Beta update 2.5.6 and 3rd party files. In the previous patch I had a new sound mod for the FA-18 C installed and during 2.5.6 update I backed up the sound mod. Now DCS_OpenBeta shows me a new "Sounds.edc" folder (with a lot of subfolders numbered) and the backed up files folders.

It looks like the original F-18 soundpack is playing now: how can I have the mod running again?

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=263371

🖥️ Win10  i7-10700KF  32GB  RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M  TWCS  TFRP   ✈️ FC3  F-14A/B  F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR  PG  Syria

• ED Team

To be clear this only addresses the bug with steam version not starting.

We will have another patch later in the week also

thank you

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2