Cold War 1947 - 1991 - Page 30 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 09-21-2018, 09:15 PM   #291
Shadoga

The Community A-4E is also due in only a few weeks, will be a nice and fitting addition as well.
And once the Forrestal class carriers come with the Tomcat, those boats will also fit and bring carrier ops to the A-4.
I so hate the Phantom being postponed, I can't tell how much.
Whoever does it someday, I hope he profits from Heatblur's development and brings it with "Willy (Driscoll) AI"!
Shadoga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2018, 09:44 PM   #292
carss

It's how the era is marketed. DCS has the best scope of any simulator out there for cold war, but they're giving more attention to modern era as well as WW2 while cold war is getting heavily neglected

There is nothing more beautiful than a little Sabre Dance
carss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2018, 07:21 AM   #293
Alpenwolf

Who said work on the F-4 has been postponed? I've heard that a couple of times now, and can't find any source to that on Belsimtek's website. All I know is, the Mi-24 will be released first. Which is something that might happen a year from now, if not later. So obviousley, the F-4 will not be around any time sooner. But that was the plan from the beginning. Whether the AH-1 comes before the F-4 or after, that I don't recall any more. The merge of ED with Belsimtek kinda made some threads here on the forums regarding these matters disappear, so I lost track.
Alpenwolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2018, 07:50 AM   #294
carss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpenwolf View Post
Who said work on the F-4 has been postponed? I've heard that a couple of times now, and can't find any source to that on Belsimtek's website. All I know is, the Mi-24 will be released first. Which is something that might happen a year from now, if not later. So obviousley, the F-4 will not be around any time sooner. But that was the plan from the beginning. Whether the AH-1 comes before the F-4 or after, that I don't recall any more. The merge of ED with Belsimtek kinda made some threads here on the forums regarding these matters disappear, so I lost track.
Well I do recall hearing that the F-4 has been put on hold because BST is working with RD on the F-16 Block 50, just like the Hornet. I could've sworn I had seen it on the Roadmap forum itself

There is nothing more beautiful than a little Sabre Dance
carss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2018, 08:01 AM   #295
Alpenwolf

And I recall reading, that they have different teams working on different projects. Thus no project is interfering with the other.
Alpenwolf is online now   Reply With Quote