Take Off in the Bf 109K-4

iFoxRomeo

Great! I found the trick, I was using some Brakes instead of the rudder to take off,FAIL!, you cant use the brake unless to fix a mistake.

The trick is to start with full left rudder, and the pitch at 12.00, as your ata increase you move your rudder to neutral possition, and when you reach 150km/h, move your joystick all the way foward, to do a good takeoff.

I do not go above 1.2 ata on my takeoffs

I think I have the answer to the wing tips breaking off in flight so easily. It appears that they are all pre-stressed from takeoff attempts.

:music_whistling: Someone wrote some graffiti on my wing tips, I was just trying to get it off before I got up in the air and everyone else could see it

How do you set it up in the editor for starting on an open field?

I fly the final approach mission but I just keep flying, and looking for a nice piece of real-estate to set down on :P...next time I fly and land in a field, I'm going to call/see if the ground crew is available

Edited by GT 5.0

..... i try to takeoff land as much as possible each day........really does help:thumbup:

P-51, 190-D9, 109-K4, Spitfire MK IX, Normandy, and everything else:joystick:

i7 4770K, 4.3ghz, 32gb ram, Windows-10 Pro, Z87 Exstreme4, Corsair 850w psu, Samsung Evo 1T SSD & 250 SSD, Titan-X 12gb OC, Asus ROG Swift 27"/1440p/144hz/1ms monitor, Trackir 5, TM Warthog & 10cm extension, Saitek TPM, MFG crosswind pedals

ARRRRRRRRRRRGH!!!!!!!!!!

Göring give me Spitfire!

I hate this plane with a passion right now... 11 takeoff attempts so far and 11 deaths with a max. flight time of 3 secs.

How the hell did the Luftwaffe get any pilots to survive their first flight I don't know.

Is the Dora easier to get airborne as I'm thinking of converting to that aircraft if it is?

ARRRRRRRRRRRGH!!!!!!!!!!

Göring give me Spitfire!

I hate this plane with a passion right now... 11 takeoff attempts so far and 11 deaths with a max. flight time of 3 secs.

How the hell did the Luftwaffe get any pilots to survive their first flight I don't know.

Is the Dora easier to get airborne as I'm thinking of converting to that aircraft if it is?

.....takes a bit to get used to it....stay with it an you'll get there....keep practicing......:thumbup:

i7 4770K, 4.3ghz, 32gb ram, Windows-10 Pro, Z87 Exstreme4, Corsair 850w psu, Samsung Evo 1T SSD & 250 SSD, Titan-X 12gb OC, Asus ROG Swift 27"/1440p/144hz/1ms monitor, Trackir 5, TM Warthog & 10cm extension, Saitek TPM, MFG crosswind pedals

Help! I'm wondering if it's ever going to be possible to do a good take off. I can't keep the wings level during the take off roll to save my life. Does anyone know why the wings keep dipping one side or the other & scraping on the ground before take off? Why don't they just stay level?

Help! I'm wondering if it's ever going to be possible to do a good take off. I can't keep the wings level during the take off roll to save my life. Does anyone know why the wings keep dipping one side or the other & scraping on the ground before take off? Why don't they just stay level?

Torque and lack of rudder trim, also could be you're pulling up too early and it's stalling.

Fwiw, the Kurfurst isn't much different from the Dora, I managed it first time (barely).

ARRRRRRRRRRRGH!!!!!!!!!!

Göring give me Spitfire!

Stick with it and more people had problems with both the takeoff and landings in the Dora. Germans did end up having trainer versions of both aircraft but still had high loss rates for both aircraft due to accidents/malfunctions.

I actually do not have any problems taking off. Landing is the biggest problem... Because I tend to make long flares, and loose too much speed, when the aircraft touches the ground it tends to bounce, and once that happens, it is the first step for a certain wingtip encounter with the rw :-/

I tried an approach I saw someone using, long ago ( one of my older daughter boyfriends, passing the initial tests, which included, before a whole Winter weekend in the Mountains and three hours of jogging, some flight simulator sessions...) the most incredible browninan approach to flying an aircraft, but it worked, and the guy managed to land and takeoff all of the models I presented him with, looking for a crash :)

The stick and rudders were allover the place, with brisk inputs (left, right, up, down...) Fact is, it worked, and it is also working in this bitch! Landing the K4 this way results ... Maybe yo-yo's flight model get's dizzy and stops thinking how to ruin our simmer pilot lives ( kind of... let this guy land this thing before I throw all my bits out... )

Edited by jcomm

Flight Simulation is the Virtual Materialization of a Dream...

Crosswind take-off

very nice takeoff :thumbup: i really like this bird a lot....aside from the wing tip snap at low g's, and the need to trim full nose down often....ED really did a great job with it, and i'm sure they'll work that stuff out:)

My takeoff and landing video:

XO_fA7b7MI8

And some tips:

This video shows takeoff and landing in a quick succession. Some tips below, but your way might work better for you.

Takeoff:

- Set trim to 2 (Won't go further)

- Tailwheel locked

- Flaps fully raised

- Governor automatic

- Full throttle

- Only adjust direction with rudder, push stick forward or plane will easily flip

- After takeoff plane will ease pulling the nose up, and you can ease on the stick, carefully

Landing:

- Bleed speed and approach at around 250km/h, 300 max

- Flaps fully lowered

- Open radiator fully to aid bleeding speed

- Approach with throttle fully closed, adjust to speed of around 230km/h if necessary to get above the runway

- Slighty pull stick back to hold an angle to 3-point

- ALWAYS 3-point the landing

- As soon as the plane hits the pavement, full brakes

- Adjust direction with brakes if necessary

My skins/liveries for Fw 190 D-9 and Bf 109 K-4:

My blog or Forums.

Open for requests as well.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

My takeoff and landing video:

XO_fA7b7MI8

And some tips:

This video shows takeoff and landing in a quick succession. Some tips below, but your way might work better for you.

Takeoff:

- Set trim to 2 (Won't go further)

- Tailwheel locked

- Flaps fully raised

- Governor automatic

- Full throttle

- Only adjust direction with rudder, push stick forward or plane will easily flip

- After takeoff plane will ease pulling the nose up, and you can ease on the stick, carefully

Landing:

- Bleed speed and approach at around 250km/h, 300 max

- Flaps fully lowered

- Open radiator fully to aid bleeding speed

- Approach with throttle fully closed, adjust to speed of around 230km/h if necessary to get above the runway

- Slighty pull stick back to hold an angle to 3-point

- ALWAYS 3-point the landing

- As soon as the plane hits the pavement, full brakes

- Adjust direction with brakes if necessary

Whow! You did that all at full auto prop? I'll have to try it too, and zero flap settings as well :-/

Excellent circuit BTW!

Personally I found that against all logic, the simplest way to take off is the slam the throttle forward with full right rudder. Every time I tried to do things nicely with flaps and careful throttle it just made the thing skid on its side, bust its wingtips and so on...

http://www.kurfurst.org - The Messerschmitt Bf 109 Performance Resource Site

Vezérünk a bátorság, Kísérőnk a szerencse!

-Motto of the RHAF 101st 'Puma' Home Air Defense Fighter Regiment

The Answer to the Ultimate Question of the K-4, the Universe, and Everything: Powerloading 550 HP / ton, 1593 having been made up to 31th March 1945, 314 K-4s were being operated in frontline service on 31 January 1945.

Yes, unless JST is using takeoff assist and auto-rudder, which I do not believe he is... I really can't believe it could be done that way...

Slowly adding throttle, and having the Prop set at AUTO, and even worst, not using left stick, would sum up into:

- Excessive torque due to the lower prop pitch set by the regulator;

- Unsufficient propwash during the initial takeoff run - contributing to a lot of zig-zagging that I do not see in the vídeo!

So, I take my hat off to JST for having been able to do it that way :)