Hornet Training Messages display for too short of time...

Snacko

I think this is a general DCS 2.5 thing. But I have dyslexia, which is a reading disorder. Which is why I prefer video training the most. But I do want to do all of the in-game's training. And while doing the Hornet Training, I listen to the instructions and as I digest it, I try to read over the information as it is fading away after only 6-15 seconds!! Seriously, I opened the training missions and looked at the trigger messages. Many of them are only displayed for 6 seconds!

Why don't you just leave the messages on the screen until I press the spacebar to continue??? :joystick:

Intel I9-10850K (OC @ 5.0ghz) │ Asus Maximus XII Hero │ G.Skill Ripjaws 64GB (4x16GB) DDR4 3200 │ Thermaltake Water 360mm
Gigabyte RTX 4090 Gaming OC 24gb │ 2TB M.2 EVO Pro; 1T M.2 EVO; Sandisk SSD Drives │ 49" Samsung Curved Widescreen │ 28" Touchscreen

- ҉ - Blackshark Cockpit Trainer - ҉ -    Thread   | Download

I would agree with this, would sure make it a bit easier.

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

This issue has been discussed a lot here over time, and I don't understand why something can't be implemented to resolve this.

The Hornet missions are, however, much worse than most, with the text disappearing at times almost before the instructor has finished reading them! It's crazy, and not at all helpful to those who find these missions ideal for learning how to fly new modules in conjunction with the manuals and YT videos.

Intel i7 12700K · MSI Gaming X Trio RTX 4090 · ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-A Wi-Fi · MSI 32" MPG321UR QD · Samsung 970 500Gb M.2 NVMe · 2 x Samsung 850 Evo 1Tb · 2Tb HDD · 32Gb Corsair Vengance 3000MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · Tobii Eye Tracker 5 · Thrustmaster F/A-18 Hornet Grip · Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Base · Virpil Throttle MT-50 CM3 · Virpil Alpha Prime Grip · Virpil Control Panel 2 · Thrustmaster F-16 MFDs · HTC Vive Pro 2 · Total Controls Multifunction Button Box

I’m not getting any voice or txt messages on the training missions. Is it a setting or are they downloaded missions?

They are all in Training section of GUI and part of standard package.

Intel i7 12700K · MSI Gaming X Trio RTX 4090 · ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-A Wi-Fi · MSI 32" MPG321UR QD · Samsung 970 500Gb M.2 NVMe · 2 x Samsung 850 Evo 1Tb · 2Tb HDD · 32Gb Corsair Vengance 3000MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · Tobii Eye Tracker 5 · Thrustmaster F/A-18 Hornet Grip · Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Base · Virpil Throttle MT-50 CM3 · Virpil Alpha Prime Grip · Virpil Control Panel 2 · Thrustmaster F-16 MFDs · HTC Vive Pro 2 · Total Controls Multifunction Button Box

Somebody mentioned looking at the training mission files and the triggers, with a look to all the different DCS modules and the different unexpected issues that might arise, I want to repeat my suggestion from my thread.

While I agree that text messages in tutorials should stay longer, this is only a bandaid and doesn't address the overall issue. Text messages (not chat) that are used in missions of any kind, should be logged and viewable somehow in the sim.

This problem extends to a lot of official&user content, the time it takes a user to read something is different for every person, so adjusting the text times only won't have the desired effect. A mission text log on the other hand would help in all scenarios.