CCIP Real meaning

wiz_of_wuz

Continuously Computed Idiot Pilot

I can not for the life of me figure out what I am doing wrong......... I have watched the videos and read the guides and I can not get it to work. So here I am begging...........:helpsmilie:

I have the snake eyes loaded

Everything is in the Hud........... I have nuts on 450 Kts, seat all the way up, and I have dived at 15, 20, 25, 30, 35 and so on and the f*&^%$#@ pipper will not come to the target. I will get the break away X before the pipper shows up. I sure as hell hope this is something this idiot is doing wrong. Be aware that everything for CCIP is in the HUD and TAS and RS is selected and the Rad Alt is working. I am not zoomed in and the fall line is all I see until the break away X appears..........

Thanks for any help to this Mirage noob.......:joystick:

Continuously Computed Idiot Pilot

I can not for the life of me figure out what I am doing wrong......... I have watched the videos and read the guides and I can not get it to work. So here I am begging...........:helpsmilie:

I have the snake eyes loaded

Everything is in the Hud........... I have nuts on 450 Kts, seat all the way up, and I have dived at 15, 20, 25, 30, 35 and so on and the f*&^%$#@ pipper will not come to the target. I will get the break away X before the pipper shows up. I sure as hell hope this is something this idiot is doing wrong. Be aware that everything for CCIP is in the HUD and TAS and RS is selected and the Rad Alt is working. I am not zoomed in and the fall line is all I see until the break away X appears..........

Wild guess: you're starting too high.

As stated in several topics on the subject, you should be low and fast in M2KC for CCPI with Mk82SE, like level flight at 300ft/500KCAS, or a bit higher and in a shallow dive (for example small bump up up to around 3000 ft and then dive 10-15 °) and still at around 500 KCAS.

Edited by Steph21

There's a short track here

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=4295441&postcount=14

... that may be of help.

Note that the landing at the end overshoots as it was recorded in previous version but the CCIP bombing run at the start looks the same.

i9 9900K @4.7GHz, 64GB DDR4, RTX4070 12GB, 1+2TB NVMe, 6+4TB HD, 4+1TB SSD, Winwing Orion 2 F-15EX Throttle + F-16EX Stick, TPR Pedals, TIR5, Win 10 Pro x64, 1920X1080

Wild guess: you're starting too high.

As stated in several topics on the subject, you should be low and fast in M2KC for CCPI with Mk82SE, like level flight at 300ft/500KCAS, or a bit higher and in a shallow dive (for example small bump up up to around 3000 ft and then dive 10-15 °) and still at around 500 KCAS.

Thank you man! It is a messed up feeling to come in at 3K and push the stick over..... I appreciate the quick responses. Always appreciate the help!

Wiz

Thank you man! It is a messed up feeling to come in at 3K and push the stick over..... I appreciate the quick responses. Always appreciate the help!

Wiz

Snakeeye bombs are intended for use at high speed and low level to stay masked behind the terrain for as long as possible. 3000 ft is still rather high for that ;)

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

Snakeeye bombs are intended for use at high speed and low level to stay masked behind the terrain for as long as possible. 3000 ft is still rather high for that ;)

You might want to do a small bump up at around 5NM of the target if you can't see the target area properly, and/or you want to reduce bombs spread.

But indeed, if you can, level flight at 300ft/500 KCAS is the way to go :thumbup: