AV-8B FM BUG

Thax

I found this bug when I tried to dodge TORs on a server. It is easy to reproduce and happens only at speeds >380knots at altitudes >= 15k ft and with nose at -ve 20 degree angle.

The failure occurs when you try to roll the aircraft and pull back on the stick provided the above conditions are met. It is easy to reproduce but requires some effort to recover from but it is recoverable and one can proceed with the mission.

Here is the link to the video:

I've attached the trk file from which above video was made

Feedback: I'm disappointed that such a bug still exists 3 years into development. Gives me little faith in buying any new products especially after the Mig19 Launch.

AV8B-FM.trk

AV-8B FM BUG

I found this bug when I tried to dodge TORs on a server. It is easy to reproduce and happens only at speeds >380knots at altitudes >= 15k ft and with nose at -ve 20 degree angle.

The failure occurs when you try to roll the aircraft and pull back on the stick provided the above conditions are met. It is easy to reproduce but requires some effort to recover from but it is recoverable and one can proceed with the mission.

Here is the link to the video:

I've attached the trk file from which above video was made

Feedback: I'm disappointed that such a bug still exists 3 years into development. Gives me little faith in buying any new products especially after the Mig19 Launch.

Yeah the track file is in the OP. If you cant find it, let me know and I'll try to post it in a reply.

To replicate it:

Make sure you have some weapons on your pylons (A couple of Mavs and sidearms should do)

Make sure you are 20k ft and above

Put your nose to -20degree (this helps to replicate it better)

Make sure you are at 390Kts and above

Once all the above conditions are met, roll hard right until you're inverted then pull back hard on the stick.

Yeah the track file is in the OP. If you cant find it, let me know and I'll try to post it in a reply.

To replicate it:

Make sure you have some weapons on your pylons (A couple of Mavs and sidearms should do)

Make sure you are 20k ft and above

Put your nose to -20degree (this helps to replicate it better)

Make sure you are at 390Kts and above

Once all the above conditions are met, roll hard right until you're inverted then pull back hard on the stick.

Sorry i didnt read my reply very well :lol:

I used your track file and couldn't replicate it when taking control of your plane. i also tried to duplicate on the latest test build to no avail ( this will be the next Harrier release version)

My plane didn't depart like your video or replay does.

IF it happens again please can you share your track file.

Apologies for my previous reply it was not very clear :thumbup:

Water cooled i9-9900K | Maximus Code XI MB | RTX3090  | 64GB | HP Reverb G2 

I found this bug when I tried to dodge TORs on a server....

You should research the aircraft handling. You will find it is mention in many different platforms how it has and will depart violently. One example of the flight characteristic can be heard here, starting at 48:30. High speed meaning mach, not indicated speed.

To whom it may concern,

I am an idiot, unfortunately for the world, I have a internet connection and a fondness for beer....apologies for that.

Thank you for you patience.

Many people don't want the truth, they want constant reassurance that whatever misconception/fallacies they believe in are true..

• 3 weeks later...

Have only had the module for about a day but have already noticed it tends to violently depart if you try to pull hard g's. Dont know if this is the same issue but just assumed it was intentional. Also easily ripped a wing off once already

Something I expect from the tomcat with wings extended but not for something as compact and rugged as a harrier.