How complete/good is it?

razo+r

I have this module on my watchlist, but since I personally wasn't happy at all with the quality that RAZBAM has provided me in the Mirage and Harrier, it stayed on my watchlist.

Now, seeing no more changelogs since November, how far is this module now?

Does it have a lot of bugs?

It works pretty well IMO. The ADF not changing frequency smoothly is the only thing that really bugs me. The MiG-19S is coming, but I’m beginning to think it will just be AI. It’s a pretty simple plane, the last update for it added the paint kit so looking forward to seeing some liveries

Black Shark Den Squadron Member: We are open to new recruits, click here to check us out or apply to join! https://blacksharkden.com

E3FFFC01-584A-411C-8AFB-B02A23157EB6.jpeg

I found no bugs to speak of. It's an awesome module. The included training and campaign are fun, as well as the machine itself. Simple, stupidly powerful and very Soviet. I loved every minute I spent in it so far.

I5 9600KF, 32GB, 3080ti, G2, PointCTRL

Does it have a lot of bugs?

Not a lot, but what's troublesome is that the few that there are, are not taken care of ... these issues are what irk me the most:

- No Failures Tab: https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=242303

- Bugged ADF Tuning: https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=242058

- Bugged Gunsight keybinds: https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=242229

- Bugged Weapon select keybinds: https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=235639

While these may seem like simple things to fix, the months have passed by and no fix has been made. I was so discouraged by this situation, that I left unfinished a set of practice missions that I was editing for the Farmer:

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=234073

It is sad, as I liked the Farmer in every other aspect and I love Cold War aircrafts.

Eduardo

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

Sounds good to me. The flight model... Might be little more docile than the real article.

If you never have to change NDB Chanels mid flight or don't use them to navigate it doesen't really matter. But using the scroll wheel to move trough the Frequency range while looking down in a Plane without Autopilot really isn't a pleasent expirience.

If you never have to change NDB Chanels mid flight or don't use them to navigate it doesen't really matter. But using the scroll wheel to move trough the Frequency range while looking down in a Plane without Autopilot really isn't a pleasent expirience.

That is the only thing which bothers me too, other than that it is a really great module to fly which takes finesse and careful planning when dogfighting due to G-limitations of ordnance.

I have since bought the Mig21 and i prefer the 19 hands down though it is a much newer module.

If bought during a sale i dont think you would regret it especially not with the free BD campaign which comes with it

It is lovely to fly, alot of fun!

Supercarrier | Flaming Cliffs 3 | M-2000C | AJS-37 Viggen| MIG-21Bis | L-39 Albatros | Yak-52 | Spitfire LF MK IX | Mig-15Bis | Mig-19P Farmer | P-51D Mustang | F/A-18 | F-14 | F-5E Tiger II | C-101 Aviojet | I-16 | UH-1H Huey | Mil MI-8tv2 | Sa 342M Gazelle | Combined Arms | NS-430 Navigation System | NEVADA | Persian Gulf | Normandy1944 | World war II assets pack | Black Shark 2 | F-5E Agressors ACM campaign |F-5E Agressors BFM Campaign | L-39 Albatros Kursant Campaign | DCS:Syria

Sounds good to me. The flight model... Might be little more docile than the real article.

If you can provide any data about how less docile the aircraft should be, that will be very good. :)

So far we believe the aircraft FM is pretty close to the real one, but we are open to new accurate information always.

What about engine sounds? Will they eventually be updated?

Only Razbam knows, but it doesnt look like an important issue to me .. it wont prevent you from enjoying the Module (if you can overlook the items that bother me)

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

The only thing i don't like about it yet is the sound for me personally. Theres no real brake sound like in the other planes with differential braking what makes it a bit odd and no sounds when you load your guns like on the MiG-15 for example, so you always have to look on the lights what makes everything a bit unintuitive compared to the other MiGs. And the cockpit sounds are at least far too quiet compared to the 21 for example. If there would be some sort of mod like someone made for the 21 recently (that thing is amazing and shouldn't be a mod) i would be ok but sadly there isn't anything out there. Personally I would wait, mostly for the sound + some other small bits and pieces that would be easily fixable (for example the starter cover glitches through some other cover when opened, yeah would be easily fixed like the sound but someone needs to do it).

On the other hand i think it will be fixed fast after theyre done with the Harrier and the Mirage and the guy from the 19 is probably working on the 23 right now so if you don't care about these things as other people don't do that much in here

then yes, go for it.

Servus! :smilewink:

My DCS:World-Modules:

A-10C, UH-1H, F-86F, Fw-190D9, MiG-21bis, P-51D, Mi-8MTV2,Bf-109K4, MiG-15bis, L-39C, Hawk, NTTR, Mirage 2000C, SA342M Gazelle.

Wishlist:

P-40, F-104G/S, Saab J-35 Draken, A-1H Skyraider, Su-17/22M4. :music_whistling: