The more I fly the MiG-19 - The more I Like it !

Igor4U

Thanks for the links, I love to read about cold war aircrafts :)

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

It sure has a certain "it" about it, as any Russian aircraft.

• Thanks 1

Supercarrier | Flaming Cliffs 3 | M-2000C | AJS-37 Viggen| MIG-21Bis | L-39 Albatros | Yak-52 | Spitfire LF MK IX | Mig-15Bis | Mig-19P Farmer | P-51D Mustang | F/A-18 | F-14 | F-5E Tiger II | C-101 Aviojet | I-16 | UH-1H Huey | Mil MI-8tv2 | Sa 342M Gazelle | Combined Arms | NS-430 Navigation System | NEVADA | Persian Gulf | Normandy1944 | World war II assets pack | Black Shark 2 | F-5E Agressors ACM campaign |F-5E Agressors BFM Campaign | L-39 Albatros Kursant Campaign | DCS:Syria

great links, thanks!

MSI MAG Z790 Carbon, i9-13900k, NH-D15 cooler, 64 GB CL40 6000mhz RAM, MSI RTX4090, Yamaha 5.1 A/V Receiver, 4x 2TB Samsung 980 Pro NVMe, 1x 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD, Win 11 Pro, TM Warthog, Virpil WarBRD, MFG Crosswinds, 43" Samsung 4K TV, 21.5 Acer VT touchscreen, TrackIR, Varjo Aero, Wheel Stand Pro Super Warthog, Phanteks Enthoo Pro2 Full Tower Case, Seasonic GX-1200 ATX3 PSU, PointCTRL, Buttkicker 2, K-51 Helicopter Collective Control

Out of curiosity, how much of the bad flight characteristics (adverse yaw and ease of departure at high AoA, transonic buffet) are modelled in DCS? I realize the pilots in the interviews above flew the J-6 and not the Mig-19P, but fundamental handling qualities like those shouldn't be entirely different right?

The adverse yaw is modeled and can get you close to spinning if your hamfisted at slow speed. However as you said most popular reports are from F-6 version without radar or MiG-19S, so much more rear heavy then the P.

I feel like the nose weight is very easy to feel, you can not throw it around like a MiG-15. Very excited for MiG-19S to come out

Things like random depressurization or imploding fuel tanks are not modeled thankfully, but I’m sure a creative mission designer can think of something:)

Black Shark Den Squadron Member: We are open to new recruits, click here to check us out or apply to join! https://blacksharkden.com

E3FFFC01-584A-411C-8AFB-B02A23157EB6.jpeg

Out of curiosity, how much of the bad flight characteristics (adverse yaw and ease of departure at high AoA, transonic buffet) are modelled in DCS? I realize the pilots in the interviews above flew the J-6 and not the Mig-19P, but fundamental handling qualities like those shouldn't be entirely different right?

I took it out yesterday. Got low and slow, and spun it right into the ground. It buffets going transonic, it really easy to get in trouble at slow air speeds. I can’t say how accurate it is, but it feels pretty comparable to the Saber, maybe a little more prone to trying to kill you. Hope that helps

• 2 months later...

The MiG-19 is a joy to fly. But it is still a little rough with problems that have been long identified but never fully addressed. This could be among the best DCS modules with a little spit and polish to squash bugs, improve some systems modeling, and add some missing details like key bindings. The Mirage 2000 has come a long way, now the MiG-19 needs to get some development love :)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hope the MiG-19 will eventually get improvements at the scale Mirage did. Keybinds and general usability are the most cost-effective of course.

Nevertheless would appreciate a cockpit improve someday to the level of the new Mirage pit which is just awesome.

ППС  АВТ 100 60 36  Ф <  |  >  !  ПД  К

i5-10600k/32GB 3600/SSD NVME/4070ti/2560x1440'32/VPC T-50 VPC T-50CM3 throttle Saitek combat rudder

I'm a reluctant purchaser!

Reluctant in that I keep wanting it, but read the forums.

The ability to try it first has swayed me! It's a great aircraft!

As for "trying to kill you" - I didn't survive 15 seconds the first time I took off. I tried rolling it with the gear down, heard something break, and with that, uncontrollable roll into the ground. I thought I stalled it but I heard a clunking sound.

Sounds and engine start need a bit of work (it seems to "just start"?), but so far loving it!

Motorola 68000 | 1 Mb | Debug port

"When performing a forced landing, fly the aircraft as far into the crash as possible." - Bob Hoover.

The JF-17 is not better than the F-16; it's different. It's how you fly that counts.

"An average aircraft with a skilled pilot, will out-perform the superior aircraft with an average pilot."

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I brought it because of the free module month and I am having a great time with it. It is really fun trying to push it to its limits in a dogfight (while desperately trying to keep the speed up, otherwise it is spinning or stalling time). It's my first full fidelity aircraft and I have no regrets.

Hum... thousand miles... 2 days ride. Buy a motorcycle.

Funny I just sold a motorcycle. Doubtful I’ll every own a land vehicle as fast again. Anyway, it was 1500 miles (not as the crow flys, and I drove it in one day, so back in the saddle.

6700K@4.6 48Gb - 1080Ti Hybrid - Warthog - RIFT