[REPORTED]Dora starts shaking when hit

LeCuvier

Since the latest update the Dora systematically starts shaking after taking a few hits. It's not what I would call a vibration - she is shaking really bad. The dashboard is literally wobbling.

As other people reported similar problems for the Bf-109K4, I suspect it's caused by changes in the damage model.

LeCuvier

Windows 10 Pro 64Bit | i7-4790 CPU |16 GB RAM|SSD System Disk|SSD Gaming Disk| MSI GTX-1080 Gaming 8 GB| Acer XB270HU | TM Warthog HOTAS | VKB Gladiator Pro | MongoosT-50 | MFG Crosswind Pedals | TrackIR 5

Since the latest update the Dora systematically starts shaking after taking a few hits. It's not what I would call a vibration - she is shaking really bad. The dashboard is literally wobbling.

As other people reported similar problems for the Bf-109K4, I suspect it's caused by changes in the damage model.

I can add, yesterday i was flying bf-109 on aerobatics server, was testing high speed dives from 35k, when i did pull up from dive, i ripped my 1/4 of both wings, Cockpit started to shake horribly.

I managed to land this bird, i shut down engine, but cockpit shake didn't pass away. It was still shaking on the gorund, when plane was standing still with engine off.

System specs: I7 14700KF, Gigabyte Z690 Aorus Elite, 64GB DDR4 3600MHz, Gigabyte RTX 4090,Win 11, 48" OLED LG TV + 42" LG LED monitor

[NEED TRACK REPLAY]Dora starts shaking when hit

Yep experienced it today. Extreme shaking!!! Very nauseating in VR, once I landed and reduce throttle to idle it still continued very bad.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Edited by Campbell

Hey guys, same as the 109, some new additions to pilot injuries and DM have slipped in here, Its kinda cool in the new DM, but has caused some serious weirdness with the old one, I will report this as well. Thanks guys, and sorry!
'Slipped'.. by itself? And how could it been slipped in all axis modules only, I wonder? Totally unprofessional it seems, at least to me. But apologies accepted though.. as long as this would be fix rather soon.

Sent from my Redmi 5 using Tapatalk

Specs:

Asus Z97 PRO Gamer, i7 4790K@4.6GHz, 4x8GB Kingston @2400MHz 11-13-14-32, Titan X, Creative X-Fi, 128+2x250GB SSDs, VPC T50 Throttle + G940, MFG Crosswinds, TrackIR 5 w/ pro clip, JetSeat, Win10 Pro 64-bit, Oculus Rift, 27"@1920x1080

Settings:

2.1.x - Textures:High Terrain:High Civ.Traffic:Off Water:High VisRan:Low Heatblur:High Shadows:High Res:1920x1080 RoC:1024 MSAA:4x AF:16x HDR:OFF DefS: ON GCI: ON DoF:Off Lens: OFF C/G:390m Trees:1500m R:max Gamma: 1.5

Will there be a hotfix for it? Or even a regular fix in the next patch? Or will we be stuck with this until the damage model is released?

Kein Anderer als ein Jäger spürt,

Den Kampf und Sieg so konzentriert.

Das macht uns glücklich, stolz und froh,

Der Jägerei ein Horrido!

I bumped it to blocking issue internally it should be on the shortlist for fixes needed for sure.

Saw this now in the 109 forum. Sounds good to me.

Der Jägerei ein Horrido!

Hey guys, same as the 109, some new additions to pilot injuries and DM have slipped in here, Its kinda cool in the new DM, but has caused some serious weirdness with the old one, I will report this as well. Thanks guys, and sorry!

Thank you for clearing it up for us. Its just frustrating, but after cooling down and thinking about it, if this is a glimpse of whats to come in the new DM then i am even more excited for it. :thumbup::)

• ED Team
'Slipped'.. by itself? And how could it been slipped in all axis modules only, I wonder? Totally unprofessional it seems, at least to me. But apologies accepted though.. as long as this would be fix rather soon.

The DM is in the current version but disabled, part of it wasn't disabled or had unexpected effects on the old version, it's already fixed internally.

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png

The DM is in the current version but disabled, part of it wasn't disabled or had unexpected effects on the old version, it's already fixed internally.

So, uh what 0 do we change to 1 to enable it :megalol::joystick:

Intel 8700k @5ghz, 32gb ram, 1080ti, Rift S

I am really wondering why it is already rolled out in a disabled state? Care to enlighten us? Asking because it feels really strange from a software development point of view.

Der Jägerei ein Horrido!

Because we are doing limited testing with the public.

Ah, so is that why my radio in the Mustang malfunctioned and screamed squelch at me constantly after being bullet riddled.... Awesome!! :thumbup:

Intel 8700k @5ghz, 32gb ram, 1080ti, Rift S

• ED Team

We have some W.I.P damage effects in the open beta,

If you are still seeing issues please attach a track replay showing the anomaly.

thank you

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

I've seen the phenomenon in MP today, in two successive missions. Track would be too big to upload.

LeCuvier

Windows 10 Pro 64Bit | i7-4790 CPU |16 GB RAM|SSD System Disk|SSD Gaming Disk| MSI GTX-1080 Gaming 8 GB| Acer XB270HU | TM Warthog HOTAS | VKB Gladiator Pro | MongoosT-50 | MFG Crosswind Pedals | TrackIR 5

• 1 month later...

Any news on this?

I've experienced this as well in normal gameplay. When damaged the main panel was shaking violently. I did a more or less successful emergency landing, came to full stop, turned the engine off and was yanked in the air and exploded.

So I set up a test-mission and tried to land dozens of times. Undamaged I am now able to land more or less gracefully (still learning ;)) and taxi on normally. Damaged however (By dropping a bomb at low altitude and being hit by shrapnel) I didn't not manage anything that could be called a landing.

The main problem I found is that the collision-detection for the prop is not working properly. When the Prop hits the ground most of the time nothing happens and the engine works normally. High RPM's are no problem, even if half of the prop is in the ground. I was able to taxi nose down (on main wheels and propspinner) for a minute or so and was able to steer with brakes. When Idle or when the prop is spinning down, it starts to catch, the prop finally breaks and yanks the plane in the air.

I attached the trk-file for one of those tests. First a low-alt bomb-drop to inflict some damage, then the attempt to land at nearby airfield. I end up on the nose (with propeller intact), 'taxi' around in that position for a bit, shut of the engine, which leads to final destruction.

I'm on Open Beta, by the way.

Dora_DamagedLandingBug4.trk

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• ED Team
Any news on this?

I've experienced this as well in normal gameplay. When damaged the main panel was shaking violently. I did a more or less successful emergency landing, came to full stop, turned the engine off and was yanked in the air and exploded.

So I set up a test-mission and tried to land dozens of times. Undamaged I am now able to land more or less gracefully (still learning ;)) and taxi on normally. Damaged however (By dropping a bomb at low altitude and being hit by shrapnel) I didn't not manage anything that could be called a landing.

The main problem I found is that the collision-detection for the prop is not working properly. When the Prop hits the ground most of the time nothing happens and the engine works normally. High RPM's are no problem, even if half of the prop is in the ground. I was able to taxi nose down (on main wheels and propspinner) for a minute or so and was able to steer with brakes. When Idle or when the prop is spinning down, it starts to catch, the prop finally breaks and yanks the plane in the air.

I attached the trk-file for one of those tests. First a low-alt bomb-drop to inflict some damage, then the attempt to land at nearby airfield. I end up on the nose (with propeller intact), 'taxi' around in that position for a bit, shut of the engine, which leads to final destruction.

I'm on Open Beta, by the way.

Latest open beta looks like it is better.

The shaking is due to engine damage, and will look a whole lot better once the new damage model is public.

thanks

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Latest open beta looks like it is better.

The shaking is due to engine damage, and will look a whole lot better once the new damage model is public.

thanks

Confirm that is much better than before the update. Also, the power loss seems to be fixed. Can we have a confirmation on this too? Thanks.

Specs:

Asus Z97 PRO Gamer, i7 4790K@4.6GHz, 4x8GB Kingston @2400MHz 11-13-14-32, Titan X, Creative X-Fi, 128+2x250GB SSDs, VPC T50 Throttle + G940, MFG Crosswinds, TrackIR 5 w/ pro clip, JetSeat, Win10 Pro 64-bit, Oculus Rift, 27"@1920x1080

Settings:

2.1.x - Textures:High Terrain:High Civ.Traffic:Off Water:High VisRan:Low Heatblur:High Shadows:High Res:1920x1080 RoC:1024 MSAA:4x AF:16x HDR:OFF DefS: ON GCI: ON DoF:Off Lens: OFF C/G:390m Trees:1500m R:max Gamma: 1.5

Confirm that is much better than before the update. Also, the power loss seems to be fixed. Can we have a confirmation on this too? Thanks.

The shaking is way better, but the Dora can still only manage 360mph at sea level and 380mph at 6000ft, the same as prior to this update.

fw190d-9-levelspeed-comp.jpg

---------------------------------------------------------

PC specs:- Intel 386DX, 2mb memory, onboard graphics, 14" 640x480 monitor

Modules owned:- Bachem Natter, Cessna 150, Project Pluto, Sopwith Snipe